Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Disney By Mark: Reviw of Fastpass+ Fail

ORDDU: But we've been reading the experiences of others who have used the new system and they are saying it was more inconvenient for them than the old system was. It's easy to believe what they have had to say, due to their detailed descriptions. Plus common sense already tells us what to expect. This is NOT going to be a positive situation over all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: But we've been reading the experiences of others who have used the new system and they are saying it was more inconvenient for them than the old system was. It's easy to believe what they have had to say, due to their detailed descriptions. Plus common sense already tells us what to expect. This is NOT going to be a positive situation over all.
    First off, that is an opinion based upon other outside opinions. Second, I was very pessimistic about the new system myself, but using it left me pleasantly surprised. If you dont have experience with it, you cant really judge it. In this thread alone, the posters that have used the system and enjoyed it outnumber those who have used the system and not enjoyed it...

• Inappropriate

I'm in the very beginning stages of using the new system for an upcoming trip, and so far, zero problems. Of course, I'm only basing this off of the My Disney Experience website and app, and the packet of easy to follow instructions that comes in the mail. But so far, so good. Also, people keep seeming to forget this system is still in testing mode. Calling it a failure right now is moot. I'm sure there are problems. All the people complaining about it can't be wrong. But instead of labeling it "failure," maybe it should be "room for improvement."

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

How can people say a concept does not work when the system is not even in its final stages? It is in beta testing and that by default means this is not the finished product.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Minion

^^ and ^, bingo

I just visited WDW last week and spent more time standing in lines than any visit before. The main cause of this is the new Fastpass+. First three Fastpass per day is not enough. Secondly is they have created ride categories that limit what attractions you can get a Fastpass for. At Epcot Test Track and Soarin are in the same category so you can't get Fastpass for both on the same day. If Disney's plan is to keep people out of lines and spending money it's not working.

• Minion

The categories (known as tiers) only apply at Epcot and DHS...did you also visit MK and AK?

I've been at WDW since Saturday (and I'll be leaving this coming Saturday), and everyone in my family agrees that, overall, MyMagic is a great improvement. Mom doesn't have to hand out cards in the morning, and then keep track of paper fastpasses all day long. But, the system is still new, so there are some kinks with FP+ (we've found it nearly impossible to change our fastpasses without going to a kiosk), but MyMagic has been more of a help then a hindrance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12