Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Disney By Mark: Reviw of Fastpass+ Fail

From Disney By Mark:

Review by Mark Hickson: It looks like the FastPass+ part of the new MagicBand+ system is not quite working right.
    First is the error messages I continually received when trying to use the My Disney Experience app over the course of 12 days. It just never worked. The only way I could get my FastPass(s) was to find the distribution area, and schedule my times with a cast member.
    In the Magic Kingdom, I found one FastPass+ distribution area in the breezeway between Frontierland and Adventureland. Even with four cast members with tablets and touch-screen monitors, the queue to be served took a good 20 minutes. Of note: you had to choose not one or two, but three FastPass attractions. The computer decided what times were available. Changing the times or attraction order was very time consuming. Also, if your a ‘park-hopper’ you can not get them for multiple parks on the same day.
    Next was the FastPass queue at Animal Kingdom’s Kilimanjaro Safaris. It was the longest I have ever seen at WDW.

Above is the FastPass queue entrance and below shows how long the line was. All the people off in the distance are in line! My rough head count was 160 guests. Guests were heard calling it the “SlowPass Line.”

The failure of the My Disney Experience app was disappointing to say the least. It contributed to the long wait at the FastPass+ distribution areas. As a ‘park-hopper,’ I was disappointed passes were only available for one park a day. I’m sure that theme park operations is watching this all very carefully and will tweak the new system over the next few months.

Link: Review: FastPass+ Fail | Your Independent Disney News Source - Disney by Mark

Does anyone else have a bad experience with Fastpass+ ?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Not here to help

Re: Disney By Mark: Reviw of Fastpass+ Fail

Everything that has to do with internet and is done by Disney is complicated and not made for "first timers".

From what I have seen and herd everything that ends with a + really is a -
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Everything that has to do with internet and is done by Disney is complicated and not made for "first timers".

From what I have seen and herd everything that ends with a + really is a -
    I think we should just call FP- from now on.

Plus, as in, plus the wait time.
    ~ Erik

We used FP+ in November has absolutly no issue with them what so ever. They worked wonderfully. I know it is still ib beta testing so that by definition means there are still bugs. I admit the app needs to work better but I was able to get on more than I wasnt.

This I think will work wonderfully once they have it in order. The line to see above at KS is not the norm.. I dont think its fair to judge the whole system on that one instance.. I saw nothing like that on my trip anywhere...
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Minion

Your picture of the Safari is misleading. In my experience, the wait OUTSIDE the actual FP line proper is always long (in length, not time) because of people having issues with the scanners/not knowing how it works. Once inside the actual queue, the line was very short. The length/wait of the FP line hasn't increased, just it's distribution.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Your picture of the Safari is misleading.
    This is not my review, this from the site Disney By Mark: Your Independent Disney News Source - Disney by Mark

All photos and information came directly from that site. The direct page url is listed under the story.

• Minion

Thats my bad, but in any case I didnt mean to call you (or anyone) out specifically so sorry if it came off that way. But still, Ive seen several pictures of "long" FP lines floating around that are taken out of context by those who havent waited in them.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    This is not my review, this from the site Disney By Mark: Your Independent Disney News Source - Disney by Mark

All photos and information came directly from that site. The direct page url is listed under the story.
    So, what your saying, is this wasn't even YOUR report? Of all the positive things being said about the Fast Pass+, you grab a negative one and put it on here, for what reason? To dis Disney? When you get your own experience about Disneys FP+, come on back and let us know. Untill then, maybe you need to quit living Disney through other peoples posts. Ive yet to have a problem, my friends and family have yet to have a problem, besides beefing about the no park hopping thing. I LOVE the magic band ! I don't have to worry about losing cash, cards, or room keys !

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

It's nice to know that this review isn't even the person who posted it.

Regardless just like any visit to any country, theme park, restaurant, etc, there's going to be good reviews, rave reviews, bad reviews and really negative reviews.

People you're just going to have to go to the park and experience it yourself.

My own personal review of the system, flawless. Had a great time. As for the lines, they are a bit ridiculous. I suspect there is a service similar to magic band where you can log in with your part ticket alone and select fast passes for that date which would hopefully cut the lines short in the future.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I wonder how much people hate this system just because it's different from what they are used to.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

ORDDU: From a simply logical point of view--without even experiencing it yet--it would make sense that you're going to end up wasting more time getting a fast pass by standing in a longer, slower moving line than you used to. This defeats the purpose of getting a fast pass at all. You might as well go directly to the stand by lines. On days when the park is crowded it's going to be a potential nightmare.

ORWEN: There have already been posts from others on other sites that have said just that.

ORGOCH: I say they oughtta git rid a fast gas an' go back ta the way it was when Uncle Walt was alive. Folks always has ta fix things that ain't broke!!!

• Not here to help

All this costs alot of money for Disney to make. I wonder what else they could have done for the money.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: From a simply logical point of view--without even experiencing it yet--it would make sense that you're going to end up wasting more time getting a fast pass by standing in a longer, slower moving line than you used to. This defeats the purpose of getting a fast pass at all. You might as well go directly to the stand by lines. On days when the park is crowded it's going to be a potential nightmare.

ORWEN: There have already been posts from others on other sites that have said just that.

ORGOCH: I say they oughtta git rid a fast gas an' go back ta the way it was when Uncle Walt was alive. Folks always has ta fix things that ain't broke!!!
    AGREED!

By the way... the Yeti is still not moving.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post

Thats not really how it works, though. When you experience it for yourself, you'll realize this. But Ive found most of the negative reviews come from people who havent used it yet--there is a lot more to it than what people are simply seeing online...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast