Help with Fastpass Plus and My Disney Experience

At this point I have the app on my phone. I have also made my fastpass plus reservations. What do I do when we actually get to the parks?? Do we just show the phone reservations to a cast member on the phone's screen or do we have to get into the kiosk lines to print them off?? I know it is such a stupid question but I have gone through all of the steps to prepare for this trip that I don't want to make a wrong step when I get there and possibly waist a bunch of time in a line that I don't need to be in. Thank you!!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Help with Fastpass Plus and My Disney Experience

You use your Magic Band or a requested RFID Key to the World Card to get in the FP queues. Your data which you supplied will be on your park admission already set up by Disney.

You can go to one of the FP Kiosk or use your phone to adjust the FP+ reservations.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining that to me.

I wonder how particular they are with the passes being transferable when riding something. I ask because we have our first fastpass for ToT but only 1 of us will likely ride it. We were hoping to let DD go a few times by using our passes within the allotted time. Do they look at whose card it is or just if the card has a fastpass appointment?

Well the name of the person will come on their screen when it is used at the entrance. I am not sure if they will allow it. Now if its a same gender name I am sure they will not think twice. But if its a male and a name like Nancy comes up that may throw a red flag up.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Meh

If you have a magic band with your fastpasses on it, can you still get paper fastpasses using your ticket? Or are they connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    If you have a magic band with your fastpasses on it, can you still get paper fastpasses using your ticket? Or are they connected?
    Paper fastpasses have been discontinued.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    Paper fastpasses have been discontinued.
    Times they are a changin! That's too bad thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    Well the name of the person will come on their screen when it is used at the entrance. I am not sure if they will allow it. Now if its a same gender name I am sure they will not think twice. But if its a male and a name like Nancy comes up that may throw a red flag up.
    I think I'll try "this ride looks a little too intense for some of us - could we give our FP reservation to our DD". Disney are usually pretty accommodating so it can't hurt.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    I think I'll try "this ride looks a little too intense for some of us - could we give our FP reservation to our DD". Disney are usually pretty accommodating so it can't hurt.

I would suggest you use your E-ticket attraction FP on something you will all want to ride. Probably Toy Story Mania.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I would suggest you use your E-ticket attraction FP on something you will all want to ride. Probably Toy Story Mania.
    I have made 3 reservations which include Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. Because they are split into Group 1 and 2 - you are only allowed so many in each group. I would have liked to have for Rockin Roller Coaster. I wanted to keep us together regardless. I tend to have motion sickness so I already know I can't go on ST or TOT. Determined to make our first ever WDW trip fun regardless of these changes to FP.

We used our RFID tickets and when you arrive at the ride you just touch them to the Mickey on the post. I don't think the cast members actually see your name pop up anywhere (though I wasn't really paying attention). Edit: Forget that, just reference DisneyNerdTom. Apparently he was paying attention and they do see your name. Go figure.

As for altering your Fastpasses within the group, we found the cast members to be very helpful (Disney REALLY wants you to like this program) and had no problems changing different people to different rides at the Fastpass+ Kiosks. Good luck!

Oh, and as a motion sickness sufferer myself, be aware that Rockin' Rollercoaster is a bit like a faster Space Mountain with loops (or so I've heard, my weak stomach won't let me ride!). I'm sure you already know that, but just didn't want you caught by surprise on your very first trip to Walt Disney World!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.