Question about Magic Bands

When my mom and I went this past November we got our magic bands for the first time. They gave them to us when we checked in and they were gray. I saw other people getting ones with colors. How do we go about getting colored ones for our next trip this November? Do I have to call them or is this something I set up on My experience? All of this was new to us last year because when we booked we were told that our hotel wasn't participating in the Magic Band/ Fast Pass + test as of the time of our arrival but apparently they changed their minds and didn't notify us until we arrived. So naturally we were surprised.

Also we don't have phones with internet on them. So is this My Disney experience easy to navigate from a regular computer? They kept telling us to use the app etc.. when we got paper fast passes and the kiosks were always full when we tried to get fastpasses on our bands. I understand that now there are no paper fast passes. There was just a lot of confusion then.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Question about Magic Bands

When you get online you can choose from a few colors.

There are other accessories for the bands. They sell them at WDW and there are secondary markets. I'm not sure you can prebuy from Disney.

They phased in the use of the RFID so that's why they didn't know until you arrived. It is everywhere now. Also now that it is just FP+ it sounds to be getting smoother all the time.

Online will work fine for selecting the colors and reserving the FPs. You can adjust until you arrive. Once there they have FP + kiosks in the park to change of make selections, but you are stuck with return times, unlike at home when you could choose. Also FPs selected at the park may not be available as they were before you arrived.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

ah ok. thank you.

• Sock Puppet

I also have a question about the magic bands as I will be going to WDW in July, since this acts as a fastpass can I also use my ticket to get fastpasses? Or are my magic band and ticket connected so I can't get any more fastpasses during that time slot? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    I also have a question about the magic bands as I will be going to WDW in July, since this acts as a fastpass can I also use my ticket to get fastpasses? Or are my magic band and ticket connected so I can't get any more fastpasses during that time slot? Thanks!
    Your ticket will be attached to your band so you will get your FP via My Disney Experience. You can no longer use the actual hard ticket to get the paper FP as they have been discontinued.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    If you are staying onsite you use Magic Bands for park admission, though you can request a KTTW card to use instead.

If purchasing a ticket at Guest Services or Ticket Booths they are now plastic cards, no longer paper. You use that for admission though you could buy a Magic Band and have the admission put on the band instead.

What ever your admission is kept on, is what you have to use to get FPs. In any case you are limited to 3 per day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.