View Poll Results: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lottle Drops

1 5.26%
  • A Big Drop

0 0%
  • Little Drops and a Big Drop

3 15.79%
  • Top Generation Animatronics

13 68.42%
  • Projected imagry of fantasy ceatures, etc.

0 0%
  • Riveting Music

0 0%
  • Look-Alike Animatronics/Imagery of Sam Worthington & Zoe Saldana,

0 0%
  • Look-Alike Animatronics/Imagery of Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang & Michelle Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Johney Depp Mad Hatter Jack Animatronic

0 0%
  • Other Elements

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

Greetings mateys, wouldn't it be waves of ultra flourecent coolness if the upcoming 2017 Pandora: The World of the Avatar water adventure turns out to be like Pirates in terms of ride elements such as.little drops, a big drop and/or other things?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Minion

Re: If Pandora Water Ride Is Pirates-Like, What Features Would Rock Your Boat?

I want eloborate sets that include scenery from Pandora. I also would like it to tell a story that goes with the native race from the planet moon and how they are integrated with their world. You could have scenes that take you from the beggining of their civilization to where it is currently. Perhaps there was a time in their history where they abused Pandora and had to conserve what they were doing in order to preserve it for future generations. I would like a drop in it to at the appropiate portion of the attraction. Perhaps integrated with the floating mountains. I hope it's at least 10 mins long of an attraction if not longer like POTC.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I want eloborate sets that include scenery from Pandora. I also would like it to tell a story that goes with the native race from the planet moon and how they are integrated with their world. You could have scenes that take you from the beggining of their civilization to where it is currently. Perhaps there was a time in their history where they abused Pandora and had to conserve what they were doing in order to preserve it for future generations. I would like a drop in it to at the appropiate portion of the attraction. Perhaps integrated with the floating mountains. I hope it's at least 10 mins long of an attraction if not longer like POTC.
    Great ideas all! Elaborate scenery and set scenes would definitly produce the feel of the fantstic Pandora environment and story. It would be very interesting to see how the Imagineers create the floating mountains. There will be a flying (Soarin' type ride) that will likely zoom guests up to those mountains

I vision this more like a Jungle Cruise type of thing than I do POTC. I mostly say this because I see this as an outdoor adventure and not indoors. I could be completely wrong but that has been the vision I have had in my imagination the whole time.

I can't wait to see the vivid colors and the beautiful agriculture of the Pandora planet. I think if executed properly will be something that actually keeps people in AK later than 3 PM
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Great ideas all! Elaborate scenery and set scenes would definitly produce the feel of the fantstic Pandora environment and story. It would be very interesting to see how the Imagineers create the floating mountains. There will be a flying (Soarin' type ride) that will likely zoom guests up to those mountains

They could set up a drop like POTC with the floating mountains. Turn your sttention away with scenary and then you drop from the Hallelujah Mountains to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    I vision this more like a Jungle Cruise type of thing than I do POTC. I mostly say this because I see this as an outdoor adventure and not indoors. I could be completely wrong but that has been the vision I have had in my imagination the whole time.

I can't wait to see the vivid colors and the beautiful agriculture of the Pandora planet. I think if executed properly will be something that actually keeps people in AK later than 3 PM
    If they are going to recreate night scenes like in movie it makes mores sense for it to be indoors in a controlled setting.

I would like to see a cross between the Jungle Cruise and the Universal Studios Tram when they had the full size King Kong animatronic and of course Jaws.

A Water Safari where there is menacing wildlife very close to you on the shore, in the water, and in the trees above you.

Pandora is a hazardous place. It would be awesome if you really felt some danger.

With it being a nighttime setting I'm confident that the Imagineers can create some incredibly convincing large scale animatronics.

• Meh

I love the drops in Pirates, so I vote for those

• Under that tree again!

I'm hoping it more like Splash Mountain.

Not so much with a huge drop, but some drops, and heavy on the AAs. I do expect it to have newer AA of the likes of Ursula and Ariel, and none of the simple ones from that attraction that are like in IASW. I also hope things are big, that we see it from the point of view of humans, not tall Avatars.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Heavy Breather

I could see it being a lot like the Jungle Cruise. A look at Pandorien wildlife and a deeper look at the Na'vi culture.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

A jaw dropping ceiling with intense visuals.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    If they are going to recreate night scenes like in movie it makes more sense for it to be indoors in a controlled setting.
    Agreed. Well thought out response as always Baloo. For one thing, the pitch of the sky would need to be bright at times; dark, foreboding or ominous at other times. The creatures and sounds could be better insallated and projected as well.

They could set up a drop like POTC with the floating mountains. Turn your sttention away with scenary and then you drop from the Hallelujah Mountains to the ground.
    Wow! Just imagine the sensory experience one would feel during what could be Disney's first surreal big drop streaming down from the floating mounts! Cool idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    I would like to see a cross between the Jungle Cruise and the Universal Studios Tram when they had the full size King Kong animatronic and of course Jaws.

A Water Safari where there is menacing wildlife very close to you on the shore, in the water, and in the trees above you.

Pandora is a hazardous place. It would be awesome if you really felt some danger.

With it being a nighttime setting I'm confident that the Imagineers can create some incredibly convincing large scale animatronics.
    Huge fantasmagorical creature critters is what I wabt to see too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    I love the drops in Pirates, so I vote for those
    Gotta have them drops.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'm hoping it more like Splash Mountain.

Not so much with a huge drop, but some drops, and heavy on the AAs. I do expect it to have newer AA of the likes of Ursula and Ariel, and none of the simple ones from that attraction that are like in IASW. I also hope things are big, that we see it from the point of view of humans, not tall Avatars.
    Penty of drops and humongous AA's should definitely be a part of the land of Pandora. I'd kind of like to see the ride elements as viewd from both humans and the giant AA's

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I could see it being a lot like the Jungle Cruise. A look at Pandorien wildlife and a deeper look at the Na'vi culture.
    Yeah! Adding new wildlife and a deeper cultural look/insight is what I call a ticket to ride! Great ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    A jaw dropping ceiling with intense visuals.
    Indeed. Make that ceiling filled with wonderous sights....eye popping, jaw dropping ones!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-11-2014 at 12:07 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Penty of drops and humongous AA's should definitely be a part of the land of Pandora. I'd kind of like to see the ride elements as viewd from both humans and the giant AA's
    You know when Jake breaks away from the group, and gets chased until he jumps off the cliff next to the waterfall. That is the one big drop I might expect.

Also for excitement I like the up and down drop in darkness that Splash Mountain has and they could do a similar thing. Escape some creatures, of similate running across a giant tree branch that bows in the middle.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

That'd be pretty awesome.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You know when Jake breaks away from the group, and gets chased until he jumps off the cliff next to the waterfall. That is the one big drop I might expect.

Also for excitement I like the up and down drop in darkness that Splash Mountain has and they could do a similar thing. Escape some creatures, of similate running across a giant tree branch that bows in the middle.
    A Splash Mountain-like up and down drop (in darkness) would be awesome; as would being chased by creatures during the process.

A big drop coordinated to Jack's jump down the waterfall would be in perfect sync with the story and the ride action. I would also like to see those in the ride vehicle to be picked up by a flying creature and soar thru the air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast