View Poll Results: What should be improved? / What's depressing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • the Yeti in Everest

12 33.33%
  • Disneyland's abandoned Peoplemover track

18 50.00%
  • rocks&unelevated rockets at Dland's Tland entrance

7 19.44%
  • U Orlando out-imagineering WDW in recent years

3 8.33%
  • the Tinkerbell-sized Hong Kong Disneyland

2 5.56%
  • the studios at Disneyland Paris

6 16.67%
  • neglected areas in EPCOT

15 41.67%
  • a middle-aged man creating this poll

10 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Smile What's more depressing. . .

Good news for the morose! You may vote for more than one depressing item!

• Minion

Re: What's more depressing. . .

ORDDU: I voted for the Epcot areas that are being neglected--although the list is very good with some appropriate choices, that one should be at the top of the list. Epcot just languishes to the point where it's a curse on Disney property. A mere shadow of its former glory, it has deteriorated to the point where it comes across more like a theme park from a Third World County that can't afford to come up with any more fresh ideas or new attractions.

I haven't been to EPCOT in years but if all the reports are true, then the neglect of this great park depresses me. My first visit had such an affect and I can't believe this is happening to a Disney theme park.
    The Peoplemover track is just as sad, if not more because DL is my home park. There has to be a way to bring it back!

• #bringevilback

Can we add the new FP+ and all it's limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    I haven't been to EPCOT in years but if all the reports are true, then the neglect of this great park depresses me. My first visit had such an affect and I can't believe this is happening to a Disney theme park.
    The Peoplemover track is just as sad, if not more because DL is my home park. There has to be a way to bring it back!
    So, you haven't been there in years, and the information your basing your vote , on yet another useless poll, is second hand information? That's the problem with these poll. Most votes don't reflect first hand experience, just "hear say". Sheesh......

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Can we add the new FP+ and all it's limitations?
    Nothing wrong with FP+.You just have to be patient, its all going to work out when its done. Have you even used it, yet?

My vote is for something not listed... Push the talking garbage can being taken out of the park.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• former CM

"Captain Action" himself posted this (below) on Feb. 18 after a Universal update. I thought it was pretty funny. Please keep in mind that those of us who sometimes criticize WDW just want it to live up to the amazing potential it seemed to promise during its first decade or two. Going to Walt Disney World was more exciting to me than my birthday or Christmas, and I want that for others.

February 18, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Oh yeah, well we have almost completed the near 3 year construction of our 7 Dwarf Mound kiddie coaster at WDW and the cars swing sideways for part of the 58 second ride!

I don’t like the way Universal’s new resort, or London, or Diagon alley, or the Simpson’s Springfield Land, or Hogsmead Train Station look.

And most of the new rides like Transformers were built first at another park so they don’t count.

And I don’t think the Hogwarts Train will be a good ride because it’s only movie screens.

And I think the Gringot’s Ride will have too many movie screens to be a good ride.

And Forbidden Journey just doesn’t do it for me.

I think a new WDW parade will cream all this junk at Universal. Just give me great theming in the restrooms, a Dumbo ride next to the other Dumbo ride, and WDW can call a C Ticket Attraction an E Ticket Attraction when they build one every 5 years – and I’m happy. WDW kicks Universal’s rear with this awesome strategy.

This will save time for all the WDW can do no wrong folks – you're welcome.

The changes to Test Track.

It was a GREAT ride and totally unique, I loved it.

Now, it's just a dark ride where all you really see are some glow in the dark lines, some light clusters, and some screens with light clusters. You know, things you could never see outside a Disney Park : /

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Nothing wrong with FP+.You just have to be patient, its all going to work out when its done. Have you even used it, yet?
    Yes, I have, and i had a terrible experience. I had problems with the app and website while selecting them in the park, I was unable to make changes in park due to the app not working as well as no further availability for any attractions or times with 5 hours left in the operating hours. Plus, the limits of three per day, all in one park, is extremely limiting, especially in Epcot and DHS with the tiers.

So yes, for me and my touring style, there are several things wrong with FP+ (and did you see pictures of the lines this past weekend just to get into the FP line???), and while they may finally get things to "work out" I had a terrible vacation and they lost any future trips to WDW from me. So, yay FP+, hard at work eliminating return trips!

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    "Captain Action" himself posted this (below) on Feb. 18 after a Universal update. I thought it was pretty funny. Please keep in mind that those of us who sometimes criticize WDW just want it to live up to the amazing potential it seemed to promise during its first decade or two. Going to Walt Disney World was more exciting to me than my birthday or Christmas, and I want that for others.

February 18, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Oh yeah, well we have almost completed the near 3 year construction of our 7 Dwarf Mound kiddie coaster at WDW and the cars swing sideways for part of the 58 second ride!

I don’t like the way Universal’s new resort, or London, or Diagon alley, or the Simpson’s Springfield Land, or Hogsmead Train Station look.

And most of the new rides like Transformers were built first at another park so they don’t count.

And I don’t think the Hogwarts Train will be a good ride because it’s only movie screens.

And I think the Gringot’s Ride will have too many movie screens to be a good ride.

And Forbidden Journey just doesn’t do it for me.

I think a new WDW parade will cream all this junk at Universal. Just give me great theming in the restrooms, a Dumbo ride next to the other Dumbo ride, and WDW can call a C Ticket Attraction an E Ticket Attraction when they build one every 5 years – and I’m happy. WDW kicks Universal’s rear with this awesome strategy.

This will save time for all the WDW can do no wrong folks – you're welcome.
    love this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    The changes to Test Track.

It was a GREAT ride and totally unique, I loved it.

Now, it's just a dark ride where all you really see are some glow in the dark lines, some light clusters, and some screens with light clusters. You know, things you could never see outside a Disney Park : /
    I whole heartedly disagree with you.. Test Track was terrible with the crash test dummy theme.. It was an extremely lame ride.. I would go as far as the most overrated ride in the entire resort. The only good thing was when it was outside going fast.. the rest was a snooze fest.

The re-imagioneering with the creating your own car.. stacking up the specs you selected against other people is awesome.. This new theme saved this ride in my opinion.. I think the Ellen ride was better than test track before this change.

@DisneyNerdTom

Well you're better off then, because the attraction I loved doesn't exist anymore.

It's telling that the feature you pointed out as a big improvement has more to do with the queue. The ride itself now has nearly nothing of interest that wasn't already there (truck almost hitting you, speeding outside) except the aerodynamic tunnel which is admittedly cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    @DisneyNerdTom

Well you're better off then, because the attraction I loved doesn't exist anymore.

It's telling that the feature you pointed out as a big improvement has more to do with the queue. The ride itself now has nearly nothing of interest that wasn't already there (truck almost hitting you, speeding outside) except the aerodynamic tunnel which is admittedly cool.
    The ride track is exactly the same.. its the same ride in that way.. Except that your no longer a crash test dummy.. you get to see how good you were at creating a vehicle.

The ride is still something I would not ride more than once in a day and if line was too long would not be heartbroken if I missed.. To me its bareable now as a ride.

Epcot needs to be updated in certain areas, but it isn't as dismal as all that. From a maintenance standpoint, I have zero complaints about Epcot. It is clean and doesn't look dated. FutureWorld and Imagination! suffer from a total lack of consideration, period. Figure out what these pavilions mean, Imagineer something amazing and build it. TestTrack was a loud, dated, dingy Aries K-Car with ripped cloth interior and sagging headliner of an attraction before the new overlay. I won't miss the previous version.
    ~ Erik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast