Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the things at WDW (if any) do you think are underrated??

My list are:

Energy ride with Ellen (I love this ride.. its funny, its long, and it is educational)
    Beauty and the Best show (I love this show. My wife and I could literally spend the entire day watching this)
    Illuminations.. I dont know why this show is knocked.. I love it.. I think it is way better than fantasmic.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Re: What are the things at WDW (if any) do you think are underrated??

I love the Beauty and the Beast show myself, however I might be biased since she's my favorite Disney princess. However, I love how talented the performers are with singing live and how they're able to condense basically the whole storyline and those songs in the time span they have it in.

Also, I love Universe of Energy as well, or at least the concept of it. It would be nice for an update. However, it's one of the very few educational and some what original rides of EPCOT. It's also amusing and it's a great ride to relax in.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Living With the Land. It's one of the very few original Epcot attractions that's been virtually untouched since 1982 (with of course the switch from a CM live spieling to a pre-recorded spiel).

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Living With the Land. It's one of the very few original Epcot attractions that's been virtually untouched since 1982 (with of course the switch from a CM live spieling to a pre-recorded spiel).

I love living with the land as well. I want to take the behind the seeds tour sometime.

• former CM

The close proximity to Harry Potter and Spiderman at Universal Orlando.

The monorails.

The Peoplemover.

The Carousel of Progress. (Even if they fail to keep it up.)

The Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure.

The France and China films.

The theming of the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The Haunted Mansion. The best in 1971 is still up there.

The Universe of Energy ride system, dinosaurs and inclusion of Ellen, who is funny, pleasant, & picked over 20 years ago for this attraction and is soon to voice a Pixar movie again and host the Oscars again.

The Lands boat ride.

Briefly escaping EPCOT to walk around the hotel areas next to World Showcase.

The Cirque du Soleil show.

The two "self-guided" jungle walks at the Animal Kingdom--the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

The Great Movie Ride--even if it does need to be updated.

The Walt exhibit at the Studios park.

Spaceship Earth as a great American structure--even it they fail to keep the bottom half unobstructed, which makes it look far less amazing.

The barbershop on Main Street.

The cave in the Jungle Cruise. I'm jealous.

EPCOT's international employees--some of the most interesting folks to talk to in Florida.

The safety.

Port Orleans (both parts)

The frogs near some of the hotels.

The humidity. We don't have it in S. California, so like snow and cold weather at ski resorts, it's interesting to experience for up to five days. Same goes for scary, awesome thunderstorms.

The proximity to beaches.

Magical Express.

The exercise that some guests get walking that is a larger part of their feeling good than they realize.

One restaurant that I won't list lest I make it too popular.

Mickey, Mulan, The Incredibles, Wall-E, & Remy from Ratatouille.

Mickey & Minnie's costumes. (Even better on the Alaskan Disney Cruise.)

The Yeti before she broke.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-27-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Living with the Land remains one of my favorites and practically no 'buzz' about it - it's the most 'spirit of 1982 Epcot' attraction left and I love it.

The PeopleMover is remarkably entertaining and relaxing for how simple it is, never get tired of that one.

I'd also have to second a vote for the indoor temple sequence on the Jungle Cruise - giant rubber spiders, the music, the whole package. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    The close proximity to even better attractions at Universal Orlando. Never been.. Want to but I doubt unless we move to FL I will ever get too.
    The monorails.
    The Peoplemover. Love this attration as well.. would ride it over and over again.
    The Carousel of Progress. (Even if they fail to keep it up.) Also love this one
    The Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure. Like it
    The Universe of Energy ride system, dinosaurs and inclusion of Ellen, who is funny, pleasant, picked over 20 years ago for this attraction and is soon to star in a Pixar movie and host the Oscars. Was on my list too
    The Lands boat ride. YEP!
    The Cirque du Soleil show. Want to see but can never fit in budget
    The two jungle walks at the Animal Kingdom. I wouldnt enjoy this at all.

• former CM

^ ^ You wrote that you "wouldn't enjoy" the two jungle walks. Does that mean you haven't experienced the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail? They were among the things that helped make this park my wife's favorite at WDW. I don't know how they've been changed in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    ^ ^ You wrote that you "wouldn't enjoy" the two jungle walks. Does that mean you haven't experienced the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail? They were among the things that helped make this park my wife's favorite at WDW. I don't know how they've been changed in recent years.
    No I have never done them. I am not an animal fan at all. In fact the bird show there is one thing I will never see again.. I HATE birds so that will be a never gain thing for me.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    No, I have never done them. I am not an animal fan at all. In fact the bird show there is one thing I will never see again. I HATE birds so that will be a never again be thing for me.
    Not an animal fan? How about kids, apple pie and sunshine?

And the bird thing--you should see a nice bird movie by Alfred Hitchcock, "The Birds," that will make a bird watcher and maybe even an ornithologist out of you. Really, cute movie! Trust me. The kids will LOVE it.

Umm that is part of what made me hate birds... lol

• Metro-Retro Historian

In addition to most of the things on Jcruise's list I would also like to add:

Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon - They aren't just obstacles between you and the Magic Kingdom but experiences all their own with a variety of ways to explore them.

Fort Wildnerness - Tri-circle D and Hoop-De-Doo make this place a hidden gem of fun activities. If only they'd reopen River Country.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Nutty about Disney parks

The Muppet courtyard w/ the fountain. - Whenever I got food from the Pizza Planet, I always took it outside to eat instead of inside so I could enjoy the atmosphere and the soundtrack from the Muppet movies of old. I will miss this area when SW likely takes it over.

Even though the current version of the ride is pretty lousy, I still love the very concept and structure of Spaceship Earth. Hard to believe that you're traveling so far up from ground level but you never realize it because you're inside a dark ride the entire time. The best thing however is seeing the SE from outside at night when it's lit with colors. In fact Epcot at night w/o Illuminations can be pretty awesome.

The trail between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge is quite the experience and the best part is...it's free. Also go out and walk around the WL and AKL resorts because they're pretty immersive.

Disney All Star Music Resort.

Backlot Express - It's a nicely themed QSR, particularly the prop room.

The Seas w/ Nemo and Friends - Although it's merely a dark ride of video screens, I think it's still a better experience than riding the Disneyland sub, particularly when you get to Crush's scene.

Liberty Square.

Our version of It's A Small World.

ITTBAB's queue - It literally is located underneath a tree, which works perfectly theme wise. The indoor portion makes you feel like you really are underground.

Spectromagic! - How I will miss this parade, not working backstage, but actually seeing it is pretty mesmerizing as well as the music.

Dream Along with Mickey - I kinda prefer this show over Fantasmic as it has a more coherent story instead of a bunch of random sequences from Disney films.
    Last edited by toonaspie; 02-21-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The Muppet courtyard. . .

The trail between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge is quite the experience and the best part is...it's free. Also go out and walk around the WL and AKL resorts because they're pretty immersive.

Liberty Square.

. . . ITTBAB's queue - It literally is located underneath a tree, which works perfectly theme wise. The indoor portion makes you feel like you really are underground. . .

Spectromagic!. . .
    I edited this good list down. I like how the WDW Muppet movie shows the area outside the theater.

I'd like to try that trail.

Liberty Square might be my favorite land at all WDW along with Tomorrowland.

• Hello again!

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, I know management at Mice Chat would like it ripped out and demolished, but I still love it!

"Well!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast