Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disney World Raising Ticket Prices Again....

File this under "Just so you know."

And my apologies, I cannot provide a link to this local news story here in central Florida. I just saw this on local WFTV News in Orlando, but for some reason they and other local news didn't have the story on any of their websites. Weird.

The report is that Magic Kingdom will go up to $99.00 for adults for one day admission.

Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom will go up to $94.00 for adults.

Again my apologies for not being able to provide a news link to the article. If one should come up, I or maybe someone else can post it.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Disney World Raising Ticket Prices Again....

Orlando Sentinel

there you go. At least it's still one dollar under a hundred. Whooomp Whoomp!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Speaking of being priced out of the Disney Parks.

I am grateful that I am still able to vacation at Disneyland. I'd love to return for a lengthy vacation at Disney World. For me, a Disney World vacation just costs too much, and the prices keep going up. Not sure how long it would take me to save enough money to be able to visit for the length I would like.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

wow... they already went up this summer...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• keh!

Bob Iger needs a blimp pad on his helicopter.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

really? nope not going to the parks then for awhile...and yet they keep doing it..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Speaking of being priced out of the Disney Parks.

I am grateful that I am still able to vacation at Disneyland.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    really? nope not going to the parks then for awhile...and yet they keep doing it..
    ....and yet people keep buying bread and milk

It's called inflation and it is everywhere. People have had millions of ideas and have tried to stop it for hundreds of years and it is still going strong.

If you can or anyone else here can't stay having to pay a few extra dollars this year to go to Disney, more power to ya, and while I will look forward to the crowds thinning out...... hahah... I will gladly throw in a few more dollars like I have every time I've gone to the parks..... no matter which one, as they all do it.

• Not here to help

Hong Kong Disneyland is 65 USD... and that park is better than Magic Kingdom.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

At this rate, by the time I'm able to even possibly go it'll be well over $100. Sigh.

Just be advised my fellow mice chatters. I know ticket prices rising is a hot button issue around here. I didn't post this to start another heated debate. I just posted this to make people aware that there is another price rise happening, in case anyone is planning on visiting the parks soon.

And thanks for finding a link to post, Micoofy Duck. Much appreciated.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post

It's called inflation and it is everywhere. People have had millions of ideas and have tried to stop it for hundreds of years and it is still going strong.

If you can or anyone else here can't stay having to pay a few extra dollars this year to go to Disney, more power to ya, and while I will look forward to the crowds thinning out...... hahah... I will gladly throw in a few more dollars like I have every time I've gone to the parks..... no matter which one, as they all do it.
    I don't know about you, but my bread and milk doesn't cost $99

It's hard to justify this price increase with inflation considering Disney raises their prices around 5% above the rate of inflation every year. This is upper management trying to push every last penny out of the guests, without providing them very much new substance in the parks.

Magic Kingdom is adding NFL, but you know what, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has taken 2+ years to build. Disney used to build theme parks in that amount of time. Yes, Epcot was build in the amount of time it is taking Disney to build a two minute family coaster. Speaking of Epcot, a park that contains empty buildings, and undeveloped potential has a price increase.

$94 for Disney Hollywood Studios (a place that has only 6 rides and outdated shows) is unacceptable. Animal Kingdom has not added anything major since 2006, yet still Disney is pricing the middle class out of a day trip to these parks.

It's not inflation. Disney will try to spin it as that, or that they are investing into the parks. No, it's because MyMagic+ is costing way more than they expected, and they have to pay for it somehow.

My family and I have been lifelong Disney fans. We have gone every year, at least once, for the past 16 years. We think this type of price increase is wrong and there is nothing in the parks to justify an increase. It's very sad and we hope this doesn't continue into the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorowland1975 View Post
    I don't know about you, but my bread and milk doesn't cost $99

It's hard to justify this price increase with inflation considering Disney raises their prices around 5% above the rate of inflation every year. This is upper management trying to push every last penny out of the guests, without providing them very much new substance in the parks.

Magic Kingdom is adding NFL, but you know what, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has taken 2+ years to build. Disney used to build theme parks in that amount of time. Yes, Epcot was build in the amount of time it is taking Disney to build a two minute family coaster. Speaking of Epcot, a park that contains empty buildings, and undeveloped potential has a price increase.

$94 for Disney Hollywood Studios (a place that has only 6 rides and outdated shows) is unacceptable. Animal Kingdom has not added anything major since 2006, yet still Disney is pricing the middle class out of a day trip to these parks.

It's not inflation. Disney will try to spin it as that, or that they are investing into the parks. No, it's because MyMagic+ is costing way more than they expected, and they have to pay for it somehow.

My family and I have been lifelong Disney fans. We have gone every year, at least once, for the past 16 years. We think this type of price increase is wrong and there is nothing in the parks to justify an increase. It's very sad and we hope this doesn't continue into the future...
    Don't get me started on the new Fast Pass+ limits they have going on the parks right now, 3 passes per person, per attraction, per day.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post

This is a lot more than just adjusting for inflation. If it is did cast members also get a $4 raise?

You could try arguing that the increase is also partially due to an increase in value due to expansion but I'm not really up to compiling a list of all the additions vs closures over time to determine how much of that is true, but am pretty confident it isn't. What has the Magic Kingdom added since June that justifies the $4 increase? Oh, I know, they're probably trying to offset the cost of increased operational and maintenance budgets... except that those budgets are doing the opposite of increasing and it's becoming more and more obvious to even casual observers. What this is really about is Dinsey's parks division scrambling to prove to the board of directors that My Magic+ is making them money.

Here's 2 quick and dirty facts that illustrate how not tied to inflation or increase in value most ticket price raises have been. The last new park (Animal Kingdom) opened in May of 1998 the next price increase for a one day one park adult admission after that was May of 1999 when the price rose from $42-$44. $44 in 2014 money is $63.14. Does anyone really think any park added $35/single-admission worth of value since then?

Lets make this even scarier. As we all know, when Walt Disney World opened in 1971, they still used the same A-E ticket system used in Disneyland for individual rides, so it's not really fair to compare that to the one price ticket used today. This change occurred in 1981 in preparation for the opening of EPCOT Center. Walt Disney World's first one day ticket sold for 9.50. Adjusted for inflation, that would be a whopping $24.45 today. When you think about what they've added since then versus what they've removed, we really haven't gained much but are sure charged an awful lot for it.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Shubisha

Finishing the last ride for new Fantasyland finally after 2 years, a new MK parade finally after 13 years and they closed down the parade at DHS and are closing the one at AK, MyMagic+, and union contract negotiations this year. The increase is unlikely due to inflation as much as a bottom line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast