How do you sign up to get the star's autographs at Star Wars weekends?

So this year, I want to do something I've never done before and get the autographs from the stars at Star Wars weekends. does anyone know how exactly I sign up or how I am able to do that? I think I heard they actually have a fast pass for it now in the morning outside the park.
    Maybe I should add this too: I don't mean the cast members dressed up, I mean the actual actors who go there and are around Echo Lake.
    Last edited by Vanitas; 02-24-2014 at 04:20 AM.

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• former CM

Re: How do you sign up to get the star's autographs at Star Wars weekends?

Remember the drivers license rule of autograph seekers: if you have a drivers license, you're too old to ask for an autograph.

I'd make exceptions for Obama & Clinton (the two of the last 8 presidents I don't have.)
    Also, I did ask Paul McCartney for his about 20 years ago, but I wouldn't bother him or Ringo today. I didn't bother Dick Van Dyke when I was near him in the waiting room of a Malibu vets office a few months last summer. I got yelled at for politely asking for Chuck Jones' in an elevator by an awful woman who was with him. I did ask Henry Winkler to sign the cover of "American Christmas Carol." He was VERY nice, as was Leonard Maltin who signed the video box of the South Park episode where he fights Barbara Streisand. He happily signed it, "Leonard Maltin: World Savior." The director standing next to him was really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Remember the drivers license rule of autograph seekers: if you have a drivers license, you're too old to ask for an autograph.

I'd make exceptions for Obama & Clinton (the two of the last 8 presidents I don't have.)
    Also, I did ask Paul McCartney for his about 20 years ago, but I wouldn't bother him or Ringo today. I didn't bother Dick Van Dyke when I was near him in the waiting room of a Malibu vets office a few months last summer. I got yelled at for politely asking for Chuck Jones' in an elevator by an awful woman who was with him. I did ask Henry Winkler to sign the cover of "American Christmas Carol." He was VERY nice, as was Leonard Maltin who signed the video box of the South Park episode where he fights Barbara Streisand. He happily signed it, "Leonard Maltin: World Savior." The director standing next to him was really impressed.
    Lol, actually I was talking about the actual actors who come to Star Wars weekends, not the cast members who are dressed up haha.
    I'm thinking they expect nerds like me to want the autographs... I heard last time someone camped out at Star Wars weekends (... I'm wondering how.... in the parking lot?) just to make sure he had a spot reserved for an autograph.....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Characters are my friends

For the celebrities, you have to line up to meet them (and yes, depending on the celebrity, some guests will camp out overnight). You need to have a wristband and FP to to get in their line later (both are given out that morning)
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    For the celebrities, you have to line up to meet them (and yes, depending on the celebrity, some guests will camp out overnight). You need to have a wristband and FP to to get in their line later (both are given out that morning)
    I'm actually tempted to camp out overnight depending on the celebrity.... but here's my question, how do you camp out over night at Disney? And is that even "allowed"?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    I'm actually tempted to camp out overnight depending on the celebrity.... but here's my question, how do you camp out over night at Disney? And is that even "allowed"?
    lol definitely not, security would have you kicked off property immediately, also it wouldn't do much good seeing as you would have to line up again once entering the park for set times when these people come out. furthermore for the most part there are few people I would deem worth going through that much trouble for that would be at this event. I think the highest profile person there last year was warwick davis.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol definitely not, security would have you kicked off property immediately, also it wouldn't do much good seeing as you would have to line up again once entering the park for set times when these people come out. furthermore for the most part there are few people I would deem worth going through that much trouble for that would be at this event. I think the highest profile person there last year was warwick davis.
    lol, see that's what I'm so curious about, because in my mind, it definitely sounds like something you "can't" do (camping out that is). So then what is meant by that they camped out? I mean, because I've heard in multiple places that people have "camped out". My plan is to get there about 4 in the morning, because I heard from someone else that a cast member told them that.
    There are a few people I'd camp out for....
    I'd wait it out for anyone who played a part a Darth Vader (as in Dave Prowse, James Earl Jones, or Sebastian Shaw.... of course Shaw unfortunately passed away in 1994). I'd also do it for pretty much anyone who was involved in the original trilogy or anyone from the prequel trilogy... just not anyone from the cartoon series... I don't really care much about that.
    Last edited by Vanitas; 03-14-2014 at 04:40 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I actually know of people who HAVE camped out for Fastpasses/wristbands for the celebrity autographs at Star Wars Weekends. Last year I thought of trying for a Fastpass to meet Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), just for a laugh, but once I heard of people either camping out overnight or getting there REALLY early in the morning (like 5am) I said NO WAY. I love Star Wars but not "be there at 5am" love.

Now if it was Ewan McGregor.... that's a WHOLE 'nother ballgame!

>too old to get autographs
    ... what? I've never heard of this before. Unless you mean from costumed characters at the parks then, yeah, I follow. But you must not be familiar with the idea of Comic, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Video Game, or Anime Conventions if you think people are "too old" to get autographs. Heck, at Otakon, there were people getting up at 3 in the morning to wait in line to get a /pass/ to be permitted to get in line to get an autograph from Yoko Kanno or TM Revolution. I showed up at 5 am personally, but only because I wasn't able to get back to sleep. :U

Anyway yeah, they distribute "Fastpasses" before the park opens/around Park opening. With the introduction of Fastpass + I've no idea how it'll work now, but how it worked in the past was that you went up to some fastpass booths right outside the turnstiles, you were given a Fastpass and a wristband. This gives (gave?) you permission to wait in line ahead of others during autograph signings. If there was enough time before the next slotted time (they generally went in 15 minute chunks for each hour-hour and a half long autograph session), people without Fastpasses were allowed to get something signed. However, lining up without a Fastpass and wristband is only permitted when there were still Fastpasses left by the time the fastpass booths outside the turnstiles closed. Further, you could only go to one special guest's signing per park guest- If you wanted more than one, you'd just have to have people in your party get it for you in their place.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Mewshuji View Post
    >too old to get autographs
    ... what? I've never heard of this before. Unless you mean from costumed characters at the parks then, yeah, I follow.
    Ummmm.... I'm pushing 40 and I bought an autograph book last year at WDW as I thought it would be cute and a bit of a laugh to get character autographs (something I hadn't done since I was a kid). In the last year I've accumulated over 60 character autographs (including the pre-printed cards from the Long Lost Friends "Limited Time Magic" and even a Stormtrooper at last year's Star Wars Weekends). You are NEVER too old.

Oh, I certainly apologize! If that's something you wanna do, that's perfectly fine. I more meant I've never heard of someone saying you're too old to get a celebrity's autograph, but I have heard people say that you can be too old for the character thing. But, no no, if that's what you enjoy, I mean, great! I can't really talk even if I didn't think that as I got caught up in the moment meeting Mulan and got her to sign my park map, ahahaha.

• Characters are my friends

No, it's allowed. I know people have done it for years. I just don't know much about how it works, as everytime I've gone was early that morning
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    No, it's allowed. I know people have done it for years. I just don't know much about how it works, as everytime I've gone was early that morning
    So, then would it be a better idea for me to go and camp out in my car, or would it be a better idea to go about 3 in the morning? Will they even let you in the parking lot at 3 a.m?

So, then would it be a better idea for me to go and camp out in my car, or would it be a better idea to go about 3 in the morning? Will they even let you in the parking lot at 3 a.m?
    Lots of people camp out every year (last year for the first day, the first person to get in "line" for an autograph was around 6pm the day before, but I dont think you need to go to that extreme). The parking lot is always open so you can arrive when you wish. FastPass/Wristband distribution will start at or if the lines are really long just before the park opens (last year park opened at 8, gates opened 15 mins or so before that as last year they did a fun rope drop show in park with the storm troopers). If you are planning on getting an autograph from someone who is only there that one weekend, get there plenty early as they go quick. If all is same from the past couple years Autograph FastPasses will be given out front of the gates at the far right side of the ticket booths

Also remember if you get there early, there is no food/concession booths outside the park/nor will there be one available until the park opens (but there are restrooms that will be open). Anyone who wants a autograph must be present at distribution (hence the wristband) and wristband and fastpass ticket must be present when returning for your time.