Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

24 hours of Your Disney Side Party in the MK, May 23rd to 24th.

140-Disney-Character ‘Ultimate Tweet’ Announces All-Night Disney Side Party On Both CoastsFeb 28th, 2014 @ 10:28 am › Thomas Smith
    ↓ Skip to comments

Earlier this morning, we shared a tweet that truly featured 140 characters to officially announce the latest Disney Parks bicoastal, All-Night Extravaganza on Memorial Day Weekend – the traditional start of the family travel season. Our “Rock Your Disney Side Party” will be a fun-filled 24-hour event at both Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

For the Ultimate Tweet, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and 135 of their friends gathered at Magic Kingdom Park and formed the familiar shape of a hashtag. The 140 characters then invited you and your family to “Rock Your Disney Side” during a 24-hour party to kick off summer.
    At this year’s All-Night Extravaganza, everyone is being invited to show their “Disney Side” by dressing as a favorite Disney hero or villain. The Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California will be filled with Disney heroes and villains from 6 a.m., May 23 to 6 a.m., May 24, 2014, local time.
    The celebration on both coasts will feature a cavalcade of events showcasing the good-vs.-evil of classic Disney stories including character meet-and-greets throughout the parks, special entertainment, event merchandise and special food and beverage offerings.
    Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog and rockyourdisneyside.com for more details and information as we get closer to the All-Night Extravaganza on May 23. And let us know who you’ll be dressing up as – hero or villain?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: 24 hours of Your Disney Side Party in the MK, May 23rd to 24th.

As usual I'll be there before this party but at least I'll be there for opening weekend of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride. If my friend hadn't already booked their trip earlier in early May I would have moved my trip to that week!

I never seem to be able to be near there when these parties happen. I wonder if they are worth it or if the crowds make it unbearable, similar to the Friday the 13th Hollywood Studios nightmare I read about here.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Under that tree again!

I haven't heard that the MK gets really bad, more like typical busy crowds. It has better capacity than DHS.

Can you imagine what the line for the new coaster will be like during this event. I bet that will be the worst line in the park for 24 hours.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Minion

ORWEN: This is such exciting news! And I love seeing all the Disney family together--at least MOST of them. I see they left out Merlin, Bernard, Bianca, Basil, Ratigan, Mowgli and US!!!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

What if Mine train line is so long during the over night that it operates through the next operating day?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Characters are my friends

I'll be there! This looks like a lot of fun (I was also at the Leap Day event last year)
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Minion

As big of a fan of the parks and disney in general as I am I will never understand the appeal of character meets.

• Minion

ORWEN: You must have forgotten that it all started with a mouse. Anyway, it's too bad you don't understand but it doesn't matter because as long as Disney management continues to put out characters for those of us who DO understand, that's what matters most.

• Shubisha

Apparently a lot of people are already telling Disney that they expect all 140 characters to be there for the party available to meet. =D I think that's real funny and people should try to push Disney to make it happen

• Minion

ORWEN: I think so too, almandot, duckling!

ORDDU: So do I. Let's join the campaign!

ORGOCH: Git 'er done!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: You must have forgotten that it all started with a mouse. Anyway, it's too bad you don't understand but it doesn't matter because as long as Disney management continues to put out characters for those of us who DO understand, that's what matters most.
    How so? this statement has no point regarding what I just said. I can be the biggest fan of mickey mouse cartoons in the world but that doesn't mean I want line up for an hour to meet a guy in a suit dressed like him and get a picture. this was never condemning anyone who does like these experiences, and I realize that there is obviously a huge audience for them particularily for children, just simply a statement that I don't really get the appeal except for the new talking heads, those seem pretty cool. there was no need to get defensive.

• Minion

ORDDU: We're sorry that you misinterpreted our responses as being defensive. They weren't meant to be that. Instead, they were meant to be a reaction to someone who doesn't seem to understand the appeal the characters have for so many who come to the parks to meet them. The main point to be made is that Disney management DOES understand the appeal of the Disney characters and that's what matters most. For those who don't care for the characters, there are always plenty of other options for them. For those who DO care about the characters, thankfully they will always be around. Sounds like a win-win situation, if you ask us!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    As usual I'll be there before this party but at least I'll be there for opening weekend of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride. If my friend hadn't already booked their trip earlier in early May I would have moved my trip to that week!
    Where have you seen when its opening?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gr3g View Post
    Where have you seen when its opening?
    Cast Member previews have happened which mean a general opening is soon to follow.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

oh ok thank you I hadn't heard that happened yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast