no Hyperspace Hoopla?!?!

According to Jeff Elliott at Theme Park Insider, Hyperspace Hoopla has been cut from Star Wars Weekends at DHS.
    How can that be? It is super popular and, at least for me, the highlight of the whole event!

The Blog Flume Filter: The Return of the Flume

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: no Hyperspace Hoopla?!?!

Having never seeing this in person and only through youtube... well it looked like HELL if I was there trying to get a decent view, blocked by arms up holding cameras taking blurry photos or taking video, so many people there for each performance... it just doesn't look fun to be there in person. At all.

But I did enjoy seeing the performances on YouTube. I guess I'll miss that.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Having never seeing this in person and only through youtube... well it looked like HELL if I was there trying to get a decent view, blocked by arms up holding cameras taking blurry photos or taking video, so many people there for each performance... it just doesn't look fun to be there in person. At all.

But I did enjoy seeing the performances on YouTube. I guess I'll miss that.
    I though the same thing dude...
    until I actually watched it. It's incredible. The most fun I've ever had at a Disney show, and I've been to all the U.S. parks.

Last year I read something here on MiceChat about how difficult it was to get a place to watch the show from etc, etc. Well my cousin and I went, on Memorial Day weekend no less, and neither of us had a problem. And my cousin is 5'3". We didn't get there 2 hours early or anything ridiculous either.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's been confirmed no more Hyperspace Hoolpa.

I remember when they used to hold it on the stage they do the Jedi Training Academy before they moved it to the stage under the big, ugly hat. But it got to the point you had to camp out HOURS in advance to get a halfway decent spot to see the show. I speak from experience. I've managed to worm my way into a halfway decent spot maybe an hour or so before the show, but I usually visit the parks alone and I'm not that big and I don't take up a lot of space, so I can sneak in usually without anyone really noticing.

The show itself I'll miss though. It was crazy and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    It's been confirmed no more Hyperspace Hoolpa.
    Can you tell me where it was confirmed by Disney? I'm dying to see what reason they give. that show is the absolutely hilarious like you said, and a total blast!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Can you tell me where it was confirmed by Disney? I'm dying to see what reason they give. that show is the absolutely hilarious like you said, and a total blast!
    On the Disney Parks Blog. You need to scroll down to the comments section:

The Rebel Alliance Adds Another Weekend to Star Wars Weekends 2014 in Response to a Decree Issued by the Evil Sith, Emperor Palpatine « Disney Parks Blog

There will now be fireworks in place of Hoopla.

Hyperspace Hoopla replaced by fireworks?!?! That is BOGUS!
    My God, it's not like there isn't any shortage of fireworks shows at Disney parks!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    On the Disney Parks Blog. You need to scroll down to the comments section:

The Rebel Alliance Adds Another Weekend to Star Wars Weekends 2014 in Response to a Decree Issued by the Evil Sith, Emperor Palpatine « Disney Parks Blog

There will now be fireworks in place of Hoopla.
    The fireworks are not replacing it. According to this quote from the Disney Parks Blog comments they are working on some new entertainment to replace it:
    Gary Buchanan on February 24th, 2014 at 10:30 am

Hi Ricky,
    Similar to when C-3PO shut himself down in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, the Hyperspace Hoopla has been sent into a little Rebel Alliance “retirement” after last year’s event. Our teams are working on some new entertainment elements for this year’s event, in addition to the “Symphony in the Stars” fireworks show that has been popular with our guests during its limited performances in past years.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• At Work

Funny, this is. I actually wanted to plan trips to WDW star wars weekend just to see this show.
    I surf MiceChat like I spend my time at Disneyland sitting on the bench and watch the people go by.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMan View Post
    Funny, this is. I actually wanted to plan trips to WDW star wars weekend just to see this show.
    Man, I'm sorry you're gonna be missing out. That show was such a blast, I mean just sooo much fun. And considering how popular it was, I have absolutely no idea why they would do away with it!

I have not seen the show live, only on video and it looks like everyone has a good time. The reason I have heard for it's cancellation, which I can understand, is that it has characters doing things extremely OUT of character. Now that Disney owns the Star Wars universe, they are probably a bit more protective of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldLover71 View Post
    I have not seen the show live, only on video and it looks like everyone has a good time. The reason I have heard for it's cancellation, which I can understand, is that it has characters doing things extremely OUT of character. Now that Disney owns the Star Wars universe, they are probably a bit more protective of it.
    Yeah and that's precisely what makes it so funny! Chewie breaking it down to Outkast, the Cantina band doing a choreographed dance to Daft Punk, the Emperor break dancing to the Beastie Boys... that's the whole point of the show and what makes it so amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Yeah and that's precisely what makes it so funny! Chewie breaking it down to Outkast, the Cantina band doing a choreographed dance to Daft Punk, the Emperor break dancing to the Beastie Boys... that's the whole point of the show and what makes it so amusing.
    I agree (from what I saw on YouTube), but given some of the YouTube comments, some of the SRS BSNS Star Wars fans don't. Instead of lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek fun, they see it as their beloved Star Wars being OMG DESECRATED!!! Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jennifer View Post
    I agree (from what I saw on YouTube), but given some of the YouTube comments, some of the SRS BSNS Star Wars fans don't. Instead of lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek fun, they see it as their beloved Star Wars being OMG DESECRATED!!! Honestly.
    Such a shame. Then again, I'm not a hard core Star Wars fan. I really like Star Wars, but I'm not a fanatic for it the way I am Disney. Personally, I LOVE Vader parodies.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldLover71 View Post
    Now that there are new movies in the works they may have decided to tone down things that show Star Wars in humorous light. There was also a new comedic animated Star Wars TV show in the works called Star Wars Detours which they "postponed" despite they fact that 39 episodes were already complete.