• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Has anyone been able to obtain Fast Passes for Festival of Fantasy parade?

Just curious. I don't see them as an option in FastPass+ selection for an upcoming trip.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Re: Has anyone been able to obtain Fast Passes for Festival of Fantasy parade?

no but IMO don't waste a valuable fastpass, especially at the MK, on something you can easily get a decent spot for without much effort. just my two cents.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    no but IMO don't waste a valuable fastpass, especially at the MK, on something you can easily get a decent spot for without much effort. just my two cents.
    Did you see the crowds for the debut today? People were camped out HOURS in advance. It's a brand new parade, so crowds are going to be big for awhile. Getting a "last minute" spot would not be easy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Did you see the crowds for the debut today? People were camped out HOURS in advance. It's a brand new parade, so crowds are going to be big for awhile. Getting a "last minute" spot would not be easy.
    for the first few weeks maybe, but still the parade route is pretty long, there are plenty of places to stan and a few spots will be open at at least one of the viewings.

• #bringevilback

If you want a decent spot you could easily spend an hour or two waiting. I found a FP+ for MESP was very worthwhile. To each his own

• #bringevilback

I was just able to log in and make the selection for tomorrow. How far out is your trip?

I played with more dates and it shows up through the end of March. For some reason, parades and fireworks don't show up at the 60 day mark. They release an entire month at one point. For me, Feb opened the last week of Jan. I'm not sure at what point March was released.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I agree. Avoid a wait on a popular ride. You can spend much less time than you would in that stand by line for Splash or Space, to find one of many open spots along the parade route.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Form what I've observed, even people that have the parade fast pass still need to get there very early. If you don't, you still won't get the best angle in the fast pass area, nor will you get a front row seat.

People were in the night time parade's fast pass area 1 and 1/2 hours before the start time a few weeks ago.

So unless you want to stand right in front of the castle, - where you'll be too close to see the fireworks anyway now - there is no need to get the parade fast pass.

• Central Florida

Yes, my son and I got them for last Tuesday. The viewing location is not ideal. It's the central plaza area right in front of the castle, so you're watching the parade as it comes around the curve. However, my son is only 3 and doesn't have the patience (or bladder control!) to wait 1-2 hours for a good spot. I saw people waiting 2 hours ahead along Main Street. So, it was the best option for us. We got there at 2:45pm and secured a spot to sit right at the rope line. If I didn't have a small child, I would recommend trying to secure a better viewing area if you have the time/patience.
    WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
    Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
    Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
    Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
    Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
    Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
    Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
    Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
    Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop