Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I'm Going to Disney World in August - and I'm so excited!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
    Yeah! Barbaraann is coming to my town! To all who come to this happy place? WELCOME!
    Thanks Roo.

My trip starts in just 17 days. It seems so close now.

Very excited for you! I am planning to fly out to WDW next year! Flying out of Hawaii on Thanksgiving Day and will do 3 days at Universal before heading to Disney. Staying at 4 different hotels...Art of Animation, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, and Wilderness Lodge. This maybe my last trip there so pulling out all the stops. Looking forward to your trip report and pics! Have a wonderful time...

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 09:35 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Very excited for you! I am planning to fly out to WDW next year! Flying out of Hawaii on Thanksgiving Day and will do 3 days at Universal before heading to Disney. Staying at 4 different hotels...Art of Animation, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, and Wilderness Lodge. This maybe my last trip there so pulling out all the stops. Looking forward to your trip report and pics! Have a wonderful time...

I have stayed in two of those four resorts. POR was fun when my grandson was younger. He loved the cane pole fishing there. Of course, he was 10, and 11, the two times we stayed there. I stayed at Coronado Springs during the Christmas Holiday Season, and I enjoyed it a lot. I wanted to stay at AOA on my up and coming trip, but when the Memory Maker Free Offer did not include that hotel, I switched to POP, where I have stayed before. The Wilderness Lodge is the hotel that I think that my husband would enjoy, if I could ever talk him into returning to Disney World. Although he's not into Disney, and he hates flying.

You sure have planned far ahead. I do want to visit Universal next year, but not sure about that, since I have my heart set at being at Disneyland, on the day that they turn 60, which will be next July 16. Universal may have to wait until 2016.

I am all set to take lots of pics, and excited about using the Memory Maker feature.

Thanks for commenting. I have done split stays, but never 4. I need to remember to enjoy the resort more this time, than just getting up, and rushing off to the parks, and spending my entire day there.

That Memory Maker was a good deal! I looked at it initially and decided against it as I always bring with me a Nikon SLR camera. But after seeing the shots my friends got from WDW a couple of months back, I'm going to pre-purchae it. It's only my wife and I so it's hard to get us in photos together. I was also impressed with the candid attraction ride photos that were taken.'

Yes, next Christmas seems like a long time away, but time seems to move faster as I get older...LOL! I wanted to give myself plenty of time to plan and choose wisely. Booking the hotels was my first priority. Next will be dining choices and shows. I have never been to the Candlelight Procession so that is high on my list. Expedition Everest was still being built the last time I went in 2004, so that is another must do. I also love Liberty Square so Liberty Inn or Tavern...can't remember...is a lock for dinner. Add Sci-Fi Drive In and 50's Prime Time Cafe too.

Last edited by forestlite; 08-07-2014 at 09:36 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Planning is fun. It's the waiting that is a killer.

My vacation is just 16 days away.

• former CM

Barbaraann & other Micechatters, most of us write anonymously behind pseudonyms, but think twice before you post your vacation dates. I've read that burglars look for details on the internet.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

That's why I take my wallet with ID and bank card, and put it in my front pocket. I don't have to touch it because of the MagicBand. If I take a camera, it's usually a tiny action cam, so it easily fits in the other pocket. If I take a DSLR, it's around my neck, or in a locker. Anything else I leave in the vehicle or room. I've seen kids grab stuff out of a stroller and ran off with people yelling at them. I know thievery is out there, it's not prevalent, but I know to be safe just in case.
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Barbaraann & other Micechatters, most of us write anonymously behind pseudonyms, but think twice before you post your vacation dates. I've read that burglars look for details on the internet.
    Too late. My dates have been here for quite some time.

I find your post unnecessary, despite the fact that you may feel you are trying to help me in some way.

I think he was just being polite. It is true that some people lurk people's pages and find out when they aren't home so they can burglarize. My friends always give each other warnings on facebook when they know one of us is going out of town just to look out for us.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My vacation is just 13 days away, and as each day passes, I realize just how much I need this vacation. I love my family, but sometimes it's nice to get away from them.

Today is my normal laundry day, and it's a good chance to make sure that what I am going to need to pack next week is all fresh and clean. Not sure if I'll need a sweater for night time.

Ain't that the truth. Sometimes we need a little vacation for ourselves away from family. haha.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Today is my normal laundry day, and it's a good chance to make sure that what I am going to need to pack next week is all fresh and clean. Not sure if I'll need a sweater for night time.
    From someone who lives in FL, absolutely not. It's still mid-80s at night.
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's been a while since I have been to Florida in the dead of Summer. Normally, I pack a sweater for the plane, since that is always chilly. I should be able to tell whether I need it at night, after the first night there, when I won't be going to a park.

My plane lands just about check in time, and the first night I have plans to check out the Water Pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

What is this I hear about the Monorail schedule? I am especially looking forward to being able to ride that again, maybe for the first time, on my first night.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Hope you have a terrific time Barbaraann. Which park do you plan to visit first. I think I'd go to the magic kingdom to ride the new 7 Dwarfs Coaster followed by a childhood favorite, "the Country Bears"!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Magic Kingdom is my favorite park at Disney World, and I do have a fastpass+ all ready, for the new coaster, for the first day of my trip. I will probably spend 1/2 of my vacation time in the Magic Kingdom, and the other 1/2 divided by the other three parks. I am getting really excited for all the fun I am going to have, and all the pictures that I am going to be able to take.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast