Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I'm Going to Disney World in August - and I'm so excited!!!!

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/wdwsave/

I have always liked Disney's Photopass. When it first came out, I was on a Disney World vacation and I paid the money for the disc and returned home with all my pictures neatly tucked away on it. No need to go online and do anything. I have never been interested in adding borders, or other Disney enhancements.

All these many years later, the price has gone through the roof. Now they offer something called Memory Maker. I understand this expensive feature. It's all digital, and I get to work with my pictures online, and I can make my own disc. They offer you a discount of course if you purchase it before you. Disney is good about wanting to separate me from my money before I even leave my house and start my vacation.

After reading about Memory Maker, I researched a bit on the WDW website, and I discovered an offer for the Photopass Archive Disc. It's the same disc I have purchased in the past. They quote a $169 dollar price, and of course if I preorder it, the price goes down to $119.

I asked about this disc, and I can't seem to get a straight answer. If I can't be sure that I can come home with my pictures in my hands, I am not interested.

Can anyone shed light on this subject. I have included a link at the top of this post.

• Under that tree again!

Yes if you go into a photo store, they can take all of your photos and put it on a CD at the time. You can also add you personal photos from your digital camera into the Memory Maker account. That way you don't fill your memory cards up. Also keep in mind attraction photo's can be added into this account, so stop by the shop at the exit to have your Magic Band scanned.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been super busy.

I did some research, and Disney has a special offer that includes the Memory Maker for free if you book a package.

Up till today, I was booking room only, and I was going to purchase my 5 day parkhopper from Undercover tourist. The added cost of the Memory Maker would have been either $149 by preorder, or $199 after arrival.

Bottom line. The package is costing me about $50 dollars more than I was going to be paying without the Memory Maker, and I am now getting it.

Now I just have to read up all about it to make the best of the technology. This should be fun, and adds a whole new dimension to my trip. I always love stopping by all the photopass Photographers.

Not a bad deal at all.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It is really challenging to find good places to eat at Disney World that don't cost too much. I'd love a character meal, but they are the most ridiculously priced. I am really getting caught up in the meal planning, but I do not want to get carried away. it is fun looking, though.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It is really challenging to find good places to eat at Disney World that don't cost too much. I'd love a character meal, but they are the most ridiculously priced. I am really getting caught up in the meal planning, but I do not want to get carried away. it is fun looking, though.

Table service is cheapest at the start of the day.

There is plenty of fine counter service.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is where I am in my planning. Some people will question why I want to start most of my days in the Magic Kingdom. I love that park. I wish that I could afford to stay at one of the hotels on the Seven Seas Lagoon. However I can't, so Pop Century will have to do. Now that Memory Maker is part of my package, as well a parkhopping I have centered my plan around that.

Monday - Aug 18, I arrive at Pop and Check in. I thought it would be fun to check out my own resort first, along with Art of Animation. Followed by a bus ride to the Magic Kingdom where I won't enter, but instead I'd do a bit of resort hopping and view the Electrical Water Pageant.

Tuesday - Aug. 19 - Magic Kingdom all day. This is the day that I want to see all the parades and fireworks. Not sure about any special dining on this day. I wish I could get Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian, but it is not showing up on the website. I understand that there is fastpass for eating at Be Our Guest, but I have to wait 60 days out for that.

Wednesday - Aug 20 - I start at the Magic Kingdom, and then I take a bus to the Beach Club for a late lunch at 3 p.m. From there, it's a boat ride to DHS, where my main objective is to see Fantasmic and ride Star Tours.

Thursday - Aug 21- It's Early Entry at the Magic Kingdom, followed by a late 10:30 breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I will end the day at Epcot for Illuminations. Not sure what time of the day I will make the journey there.

Friday - Aug 22 - Animal Kingdom - where I have a 9:30 breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe - I have always enjoyed eating at that location - This night I will end the day at the Magic Kingdom.

Saturday - Aug 23 - This is my check out day - After I leave my bags at the resort for later pickup, I will spend the day at the Magic Kingdom. I want to stay at least until I can see the New Parade. I will then return to POP, where I will take a taxi to Bonnet Creek.

My Bonnet Creek stay is for two nights. Aug 23, until the 25th.

• Under that tree again!

Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am going during Value Season. I have crunched the numbers. Oh how I wish my budget could get me into a deluxe room near the Magic Kingdom. No it doesn't, but I am perfectly happy to be staying at Pop, and not paying a fortune. My package didn't end up costing too much, and I can take full advantage of my Memory Maker.

Gotta read the fine print on all those offers Swampy. Believe me, I have read the fine print.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I changed my thursday breakfast to a character meal, now that I have found some prices. I will be doing the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I have been there before, and it was great fun. I love going to the Grand Floridian Hotel.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I asked the Walt Disney World Mom's Panel a question about the Photopass Archive Disc, and today they answered my question.

It seems that they no longer make discs in the Photopass establishments throughout Disney World. I can view the photos, but not make a disc of them at the end of my vacation.

So glad I found the free Memory Maker offer.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just hope that my decision to visit Disney World at this time is not affected by the work that is being done in the Hub. I did not realize that it would take as long as I read about today. I remember my first trip back in 1997, and how beautiful the Hub area was.

I have been waiting for an announcement about the completion of the Dwarves Coaster. I guess I am not alone in that.

• #bringevilback

Just FYI, the BOG FP+ is not a standard FP+ and is booked through a separate website and is usually available sometime during the month prior to your visit, for me, all Feb opened January 14th or 16th. It also does not count against your 3 daily ones!

Here's the link https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

you'll fine at POP...I took a couple of mid afternoon shower breaks and slept there, and it served it's purpose. My focus was the parks, and that's where I spent most of my time. A nicer resort might have drawn me away from them!
    Last edited by CassiefRN; 03-21-2014 at 06:01 PM.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I just hope that my decision to visit Disney World at this time is not affected by the work that is being done in the Hub. I did not realize that it would take as long as I read about today. I remember my first trip back in 1997, and how beautiful the Hub area was.

I have been waiting for an announcement about the completion of the Dwarves Coaster. I guess I am not alone in that.
    I've heard Media preview will be April 30/May 1 and with official opening after that, so unless something major, MAJOR changes, you'll be fine for your August trip!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Just FYI, the BOG FP+ is not a standard FP+ and is booked through a separate website and is usually available sometime during the month prior to your visit, for me, all Feb opened January 14th or 16th. It also does not count against your 3 daily ones!

Here's the link https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/
    Thanks for the link. I am aware of it actually, and it will be awhile before I actually get to use it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I hate construction walls, but it does mean that new things are coming. It just puts a little blemish on the magic. Although if we wait until there are never any construction walls, we might be waiting forever.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast