Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Re: I'm Going to Disney World in August - and I'm so excited!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nzl kiwi View Post
    Many thanks for that Timon'sGirl
    No problem. You are welcome.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My Disney World Vacation is 129 Days away.

During my last vacation to Disney World, I did not have a parkhopper. I also was not staying onsite during that trip. Those are two things that I am definitely looking forward to during this trip. I like making dining reservations sometimes, but I also don't like being tied down to a particular place, in case I might get an impulse to be in a different location.

Disney World is a marvelous place, and I am looking forward to rediscovering it again. Especially Animal Kingdom, and DHS, since I haven't been to either place since 2009.

I probably should stock up on some more memory cards, because I do like having an empty one for each day of my trip. It definitely helps with the editing when I get home.

We always wait until the park schedule for the week we are going gets released on Disney's website and then we see what park is open or early late and go from there. After we do a day at each park then our free days we park hop. Usually if its me, mom, or my brother going, we usually have been getting the quick service dining plan because we don't eat 3 meals a day or sometimes we can if we eat at a sit down restaurant then we can save one for breakfast.

But back to the park hopping and dining reservations sorry. Sometimes I get off topic. lol! But we will each pick one restaurant that we need to make reservations for and save our money for those meals. I think mom wants to go to the Luau when we go in November because she hasn't been since my brother was 5 and he is 24 now. But we are waiting for the park schedule to be released to know which night might be open the latest to park hop after we eat. I am like you we might not want to make reservations for a bunch of places because a lot of times we are spontaneous and might not want to park hop or head over to a place away from where we are at.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

MDE says that I have 126 days left until my vacation.

I am only going to be doing one Early Entry during my trip. I never do the late extra hours, since I need my sleep at night, in order t function early in the morning. I can't burn the candle at both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My last Disney World visit was April, 2013. I visited the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot, but it just didn't feel like a real Disney World Vacation. The reason being, because I didn't stay on property. I also traveled with a few other people, so being part of a group meant that I didn't get to go at my pace. I have been accustomed to traveling alone, and getting my way. I came home happy with what I did enjoy, but wishing I had done, and seen more.

Well, lately I have been reading a lot about Disney World. Magic Kingdom has a new parade. The Snow White/Seven Dwarves Coaster is nearing completion. There are new technologies in place. Sure the ticket prices have gone up, but August is Value Season, so I have decided that's a perfect time for me to go, and get the most for my money.

This morning I put down the deposit on my "room only" reservation for a room at the Newest Resort, Art of Animation"

I plan on updating this thread regularly to share my plans with anyone who might be interested.

I'm Going to Disney World, and I'm so excited!
    We'll be down there at Polynesian just a few days before you! I'm sure you've already gotten tons of great advice. Safe travels.
    ~ Erik

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    We'll be down there at Polynesian just a few days before you! I'm sure you've already gotten tons of great advice. Safe travels.
    Thanks. My very first Disney Hotel was the Polynesian. It would be wonderful if I could afford a repeat visit to that wonderful hotel. Not sure you read further into my thread or not, but I am not doing a repeat visit to Pop Century instead of the newer Art Of Animation Resort.

I wish you a very wonderful Disney World vacation.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It looks like my dates are going to be included in a free dining promotion by Disney Visa. I have no desire to switch my Free Memory Maker Package to one with Free Dining. However, I did get a Heads Up e-mail yesterday about this rumor. Today it is a rumor. By Thursday, it will be the hot item on WDW boards all over the internet.

I got a good deal on what I booked. Free dining, and especially a dining package is of no interest to me.

Lots of people have been waiting for this promotion, and I am sure hotel rooms will be booked quite quickly for the announced dates.

Wait. I'm confused. We have already booked our trip. I have Disney Visa but I haven't received any email. Did it tell you what dates they are good for?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Supposedly, two days from today on May 1, Disney Visa will announce a Free Dining WDW package, if you book the vacation with their credit card. The e-mail I got, was not from Disney Visa, but rather from the agent who booked my present package. She works for the Dreams Unlimited Agency. She was forewarning me about this, in case, I might be interested. As it is, I am not. However, that is her job, to let me know of up and coming offers.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-29-2014 at 03:44 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That Disney Visa Free Dining Offer does not include my dates. It starts about a week after I return from my vacation. The dates offered are staggered starting at the end of August, and running all the way to a few days before Christmas.

August 31, 2014 - Oct. 3

October 26, - Nov. 1

Nov. 9 - Nov. 20

Dec. 12 - Dec. 23

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The new Dwarf coaster looks like something that I can ride. I am a big chicken when it comes to roller coasters, but I will have to ride the new one at least once during my trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am heading home today from my Disneyland trip, and now I am sure that I need to rethink just how I am going to tour the WDW parks . I found it near impossible to get up early in the morning, after a late night in the park the night before.

Good thing DAK isn't open late! But navigating WDW is much different than DLR. At DLR, you can stay off property and have the same experience, which isn't usually possible at WDW, as the closest hotels are at Bonnet Creek, where I have stayed before, and I can assure you that it is a different experience. It says you are staying at Pop Century and that you don't like big thrills, which is okay. It also says that you are going to be there 6 days. I would recommend doing MK and EPCOT 2 days and DAK and DHS 1 day. Only get the park hopper if you plan on doing DHS and EPCOT or MK and EPCOT on the same day, as it is a hassle to get between the other parks. Also, walk around The Boardwalk at least once. I would say DTD, but who knows with the construction. Have a lot of fun, and remember that WDW uses Fastpass+ unlike DLR, so book them as early as you can for the rides you want.

I'm going to miss seeing you by a week!
    WDW: 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003
    Disneyland: 1997, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2014

"Mustard... Yes, but MUSTARD?! Don't let's be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I heard somewhere that there are 999 dead people living in The Haunted Mansion........

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hadla View Post
    I'm going to miss seeing you by a week!
    When is your trip?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast