Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I'm Going to Disney World in August - and I'm so excited!!!!

I spent my afternoon adding notes to my MDE account. My plans for my vacation are starting to shape up nicely.

57 days until my vacation.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now that my Disneyland vacation has come and gone, all of my attention has turned to my Disney World trip.

I have made all of my fastpass selections, and admit to changing some of the times a few times already. Magic Kingdom has too many fastpass selections, and the other parks, just have a few. However, you must make three, so three it was.

Hopefully I will be able to make it each night for the nightime entertainment. Fantasmic is early at 8:30, Illuminations is at 9, but Wishes is all the way to 10 p.m. Getting up the next day after that one will be difficult. I'm not one to take an afternoon nap. I understand some people use that strategy, but it has never worked for me. Too much bus travel, and I always think about what I can be doing instead.

56 days until my trip.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today is the first time that I had any trouble with MDE on my computer. I really don't like the MDE app on the iPhone, but I do have it on there. It's just so much more difficult to use.

I have made fastpasses for my 5 days in the parks, but the rest of my days are pretty flexible.

Not sure how making extra fastpasses works, but I guess i'll cross that bridge, when the time arrives, and if I choose to try that at all.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been thinking about visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge after my day in Animal Kingdom. Their Mara Menu looks pretty good, and I can then get a bus to Magic Kingdom. The last night before I check out of Pop, I want to be in Magic Kingdom, so I can see the Electrical Parade, one last time, and maybe Wishes, if I can stay awake that late.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip is just 53 days away.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I checked MDE this morning, regarding the partial day that I am going to be at DHS. So far, a few Frozen items are showing up on the schedule. Nothing that I can click on at the moment. Not sure if I want to follow the crowds to this sure to be popular new stuff, or not. I have never seen fireworks at DHS before. Where does one stand for that, I wonder.

May 11 - 16, 2015

Well now that everything has changed by the ugly addition of the sorcerer's hat and stage I don't know but when DHS used to have fireworks back in the 90's they showed behind the chinese theatre. so that anyone in front of the theatre all the way to the park entrance could see them. We used to sit at the picnic tables over in the echo lake area by the boat that serves quick service items now.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    Well now that everything has changed by the ugly addition of the sorcerer's hat and stage I don't know but when DHS used to have fireworks back in the 90's they showed behind the chinese theatre. so that anyone in front of the theatre all the way to the park entrance could see them. We used to sit at the picnic tables over in the echo lake area by the boat that serves quick service items now.
    Thanks so much. However, with an 8;30 showing of Fantasmic, I am hoping that I will still be able to see both Fantasmic and the Fireworks. I don't plan on any special seating at Fantasmic, but I do remember how crowded it used to be leaving. I may only have one chance at this, and so I don't want to blow it.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

http://www.disneydining.com/new-froz...02ce-305209005

Disney is cashing in on the popularity of Frozen. Or at least they will be. They are now offering this special package for Frozen Fans planning on being in DHS this Summer.

Not on my agenda.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

Disney is cashing in on the popularity of Frozen. Or at least they will be. They are now offering this special package for Frozen Fans planning on being in DHS this Summer.

Not on my agenda.
    If the package is reasonable, I myself would consider checking out part of it at least - and then break away to do other things. Also, I would like to see Fantasmic! and find out how it compares with the show at Disneyland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I for one am tired of everything Frozen. So I am happy that this won't be around on my trip in November because it isn't worth the 60 they are charging for it.

•   
    • PotC Finger Chomp

Blog Entries

Not on my agenda.
    $60 for what amounts to 3 fastpasses and some snacks in the morning and a few desserts? I mean, you don't even get a seat at during the snacks or the desserts. A rip off IMO, as Disney allows you to bring snacks and desserts of your own in a little cooler sack anyways.

And you don't even get to meet them! $60 to see them with some snacks?? Is anybody going to do this?

Transformation Through Adventure

"If you go somewhere you've never been before, try something you've never done before, see something you've never seen before, that experience alone makes you a new person. You are transformed. If you go out and seek adventure, adventure itself will change you and you will be transformed."
    -Joe Rohde

PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    $60 for what amounts to 3 fastpasses and some snacks in the morning and a few desserts? I mean, you don't even get a seat at during the snacks or the desserts. A rip off IMO, as Disney allows you to bring snacks and desserts of your own in a little cooler sack anyways.

And you don't even get to meet them! $60 to see them with some snacks?? Is anybody going to do this?
    I guess time will tell.

Some people hear "Frozen", and they automatically get in line, and reach for their cash. I just don't happen to be one of those people. My day in DHS, probably just got a whole lot more crowded. I just want to see Fantasmic, and snap some photos.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip is just 46 days away.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• #bringevilback

My trip is just 46 days away.
    Yay! It's getting close!
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast