Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Re: I'm Going to Disney World in August - and I'm so excited!!!!

Yeah its a counter service now. That is cool. I think they moved Donald I want to say is there a Tusker House? I'm not yet familiar with all the places to eat at AK yet because we only spend half our day there.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am passing on the character meals on this trip. They are fun when you are in a group, but over the years, I have done most of the offerings at WDW. Now if they had one with Jiminy Cricket, I'd do that one.

That would be cool. Mom and I made the mistake of eating at Hollywood and Vine at MGM two years ago. We had never eaten there before and had lunch. Well it was a character meal but it was one for the little ones. All of the Playhouse Disney characters were there so needless to say us being two grown adults I was slightly embarassed when they came by but the characters must have felt sorry for my mother because they kept coming over to our table. She had broken her ankle and was in a cast/wheelchair. The characters kept pointing at her ankle and taking pictures. lol! I just wished our concierge at the hotel told us it was a character meal during lunch.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I ate at Hollywood and Vine years ago. It was the Fantasmic Package, which meant that we got into a better section for the show. We also didn't have to wait in that forever line that forms outside of the theatre.

I have done that before only we had dinner at the Brown Derby. I don't think at that time Hollywood and Vine was on the list. It was yrs ago. I think it was Brown Derby and the Italian restaurant were the only two options at the time we did the package. We had horrible view. They stuck us all the way on the end of the right side. Now I believe they stick you in the center I hear.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This time I am just going to take my chances with Fantasmic. I plan on going to an 8:30 show. I refuse to stand outside forever. If I end up in the back, that's O.K. I have been many times before, and I look forward to seeing it again. I guess Fantasmic now has Fastpass.

I look forward to the Frozen Fireworks they are having in the park after the first showing of Fantasmic. Hopefully I can see them from where I end up after departing the Fantasmic showing.

Should be fun.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My Magic Band came in the mail today. It is blue, which just happens to be my favorite color. I thought about red, but I switched back to blue. I guess I will wear it on my left hand. I have a huge tan line from the watch that I usually wear there. The band just does not feel comfortable on the right hand. I will have to rely on my phone for the correct time.

I read today, that they are testing a new procedure at Magic Kingdom for the Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet. It appears that they are backtracking a bit, and handing out return tickets, instead of allowing people to wait in a standby line. Sure the Meet and Greet is part of Fastpass Plus, but this is in addition to that. Seems like a good thing to me. If I was a kid, I would not want to have to stand, for perhaps hours to meet the popular ladies from Frozen. Yes, it sounds
    exactly like the old fastpass system.

Hey didn't I have this idea first? Of course, I was talking about Disneyland's Meet and Greet. Not the one at Magic Kingdom.

Fastpass Only for Princess Meet & Greet

Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-23-2014 at 04:36 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I keep tweaking my daily plans for my vacation. I have a five day parkhopper. I plan on spending more time in Magic Kingdom than in the other parks, but I do want to visit all 4 parks. No Downtown Disney. Never been fond of Downtown Disney.

Today I was able to make a fastpass for lunch at the Be Our Guest Restaurant. Disney sent me a link. I am doing that on my first day. I am happy about that.

25 days til my vacation starts.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Barbaraann, were you able to book a Fastpass+ reservation for either the new Seven Dwarves Mine Train or Anna & Elsa @ Fairytale Hall?
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    Barbaraann, were you able to book a Fastpass+ reservation for either the new Seven Dwarves Mine Train or Anna & Elsa @ Fairytale Hall?
    Yes, I was able to get them both.

I will ride the ride on the first full day of my trip, and do the Meet and Greet on my last day.

I did my selections exactly 60 days out, and had no trouble either making selections, or moving them around. Perhaps because I am a solo traveler.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Yes, I was able to get them both.

I will ride the ride on the first full day of my trip, and do the Meet and Greet on my last day.

I did my selections exactly 60 days out, and had no trouble either making selections, or moving them around. Perhaps because I am a solo traveler.
    Odd. I am an annual passholder, and I have not been able to book either. I've tried the past couple days to book them 30 days out, an they are on standby only (along with Wishes). I wonder if hotel guests booked them all up?!
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Suppose I just have the "magic Touch".

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My vacation is just 20 days away. I guess my plans must finally be near perfect, because I have not been tempted to change anything in days. I am looking forward a lot to this trip. It will be "me, myself, and I," and that is the best part. I just hope it doesn't rain too much. The Florida weather can be a real pain. I have gotten so used to the California weather, from all my Disneyland trips. I think in all my days there, I saw rain just twice. Once on an Anniversary Day, and one on a December Day, when I was flying home. I guess I either need to pack a poncho, or an umbrella. I really hate ponchos though, they end up making one even hotter, and they stick to one's person. Then the decision of what to do with it, when the rain stops.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now I am 19 days away from my trip. Today, I bought a portable phone charger. I may have use for it during my vacation, if I take a lot of pics with my iPhone. Actually, most of my pics are taken with my camera. However, you never know what circumstances will bring.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Yeah! Barbaraann is coming to my town! To all who come to this happy place? WELCOME!
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast