View Poll Results: On which "good" rides/shows R FPs least necessary?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pirates of the C because of its fast moving lines

7 46.67%
  • Festival of the Lion King

4 26.67%
  • Philharmagic

3 20.00%
  • Spaceship Earth (later in the day)

7 46.67%
  • The Peoplemover

11 73.33%
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure

10 66.67%
  • The Lands boat ride

7 46.67%
  • The Haunted Mansion (& the Q is now more interesting)

1 6.67%
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

6 40.00%
  • The Voyage of the Little Mermaid

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

For which excellent rides&shows R FPs LEAST necessary?

So the sun has set on WDW guests who collected E ticket Fastpasses for 4 or so of our very favorite attractions per day.

With the new tiered system I can get just one FP for a favorite E-ticket
    and two other FPs for attractions I might not otherwise even visited.

Since I still want to visit my favorite rides and shows, I want to learn on which of the best WDW rides and shows is FP least necessary these days?Opinions from guests who have visited in 2014 will be especially appreciated!

Sorry I could only list ten rides/shows in the poll. Please add other suggestions in your post.

You may vote for more one that one attraction, and your vote is public and may be used by potential employers to determine theme park compatibility & to red flag potential weirdos.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-16-2014 at 10:25 AM.

• #bringevilback

Re: For which excellent rides&shows R FPs LEAST necessary?

It's hard to say...with the tiering people are being pushed to lesser attractions, increasing lines where none used to exist. I waited 35 minutes for Pirates the first week of Feb.

Also, fyi, FotLK is closed until summer, so no recent data on that

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    It's hard to say...with the tiering people are being pushed to lesser attractions, increasing lines where none used to exist. I waited 35 minutes for Pirates the first week of Feb.

Also, fyi, FotLK is closed until summer, so no recent data on that
    Thanks, Cassie!

I would think Philharmagic would not require a FP at certain times of the day. Do FPs for that come with access to an special seating section? (I hope not, and I like how Universal Hollywood only has special sections for some show times at some shows.)

Are the Country Bear Jamboree, the Hall of Presidents, and the Carousel of Progress even on a FP tier?

• Under that tree again!

Pirates normally has a line even despite its high capacity.

I went with Energy and Lion King, because they have large capacity when the restart the cycle. Most of the wait is for the show to open.

Also Space Ship Earth, because later in the day it's pretty quick to load compared to the morning when FW is the only part of the park open. The Lands Boat Ride is pretty similar.

I may of voted for Country Bears too, that isn't very popular.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Pirates normally has a line even despite its high capacity.

I went with Energy and Lion King, because they have large capacity when the restart the cycle. Most of the wait is for the show to open.

Also Space Ship Earth, because later in the day it's pretty quick to load compared to the morning when FW is the only part of the park open. The Lands Boat Ride is pretty similar.

I may of voted for Country Bears too, that isn't very popular.
    Thanks, Swampy! I've liked waiting in the Pirates line at WDW because it's well themed and different than the Anaheim attraction. I hope it still has the dank smell, even if it contains bacteria!

The Peoplemover has received the most votes from the (only) seven voters so far. Glad to hear it since it's one of the reasons I want to visit WDW , despite that we live close to Disneyland where Tomorrowland is our weak area.

Living with the Land NEVER requires a FP.. It needed it so little that Chip and Co had a contest of the first person to show a video of them using a FP+ reservation for it..
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• #bringevilback

I also doubt Philharmagic would need a FP. No reserved seating and it's usually just waiting until the pervious show lets out, but I'm not sure how long it gets during busy times

• Minion

if i had to pick one, ellens energy adventure. its got huge capacity (the largest of any ride in the park i believe) and hasn't been updated in a while so thats pretty obvious regarding rides. I would say a true show but its convenient to not have to lineup and wait for it to start and secure your seat sometimes.

• former CM

3 Questions:

So what are the longest waits for the Peoplemover these days? Will this have a FP option?

Where is there a link to the three tiers in each park?

• Minion

Re: 3 Questions:

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    So what are the longest waits for the Peoplemover these days? Will this have a FP option?

Where is there a link to the three tiers in each park?
    people mover would be a waste of a FP. MK gives you the chance to pick three of any attractions in the park with no restrictions so spend them wisely. any of Pirates, the three mountains, peter pan, seven dwarfs when available, buzz lightyear, and jungle cruise are the only attractions I would be spending a pass on. pick your favourites between those 8.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    people mover would be a waste of a FP. MK gives you the chance to pick three of any attractions in the park with no restrictions so spend them wisely. any of Pirates, the three mountains, peter pan, seven dwarfs when available, buzz lightyear, and jungle cruise are the only attractions I would be spending a pass on. pick your favourites between those 8.
    Isn't Pirates a fast moving line with (at WDW) interesting stuff to see?

Again, does anyone know of a link to a list of which WDW attractions are on each tier? Of course, WDW is still working this out, which is one reason we're avoiding WDW in 2014.

"Please pardon our pixie dust!" More like, "Please excuse Dumbo's droppings."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Isn't Pirates a fast moving line with (at WDW) interesting stuff to see?

Again, does anyone know of a link to a list of which WDW attractions are on each tier? Of course, WDW is still working this out, which is one reason we're avoiding WDW in 2014.

"Please pardon our pixie dust!" More like, "Please excuse Dumbo's droppings."
    for the most part yes pirates line is relatively fast moving. however if there is one breakdown, which has been known to occur, the line can backup tremendously fast considering its popularity. a fastpass could be well worth it at the end of the day. regarding the queue, a lot of disney attractions have great queues you will miss if you choose to fast pass, you will just have to decide if you want to see the queue so badly you are waiting an additional hour-30 mins in line. regarding tiers I am not sure what exactly you're talking about. I just booked my FP+ for my may1st trip and epcot and DHS are the only parks that restrict you to certain fast pass opportunities. at MK and DAK you pick any three attractions you want to fastpass, the times you want to do them and thats it youre all set. in epcot and DHS however they restrict things a little more so that it gives more people an opportunity to get a pass for a popular ride. for example at DHS you pick one attraction from category a (beauty and the beast live, fantasmic seating, rockin rollercoaster, and toy story midway mania) and two of any other attractions in the park. the same goes for epcot where you pick one of characterspot priority, illuminations viewing, malestrom, testtrack, or soarin, and then two of any other attraction in the park. this system has so far been rather easy and completely painless. it seems like everything is worked out but i will update this after i go in a little over a month.

• former CM

. . . regarding tiers I am not sure what exactly you're talking about. I just booked my FP+ for my may1st trip and epcot and DHS are the only parks that restrict you to certain fast pass opportunities. at MK and DAK you pick any three attractions you want to fastpass, the times you want to do them and thats it youre all set. in epcot and DHS however they restrict things a little more so that it gives more people an opportunity to get a pass for a popular ride. for example at DHS you pick one attraction from category a (beauty and the beast live, fantasmic seating, rockin rollercoaster, and toy story midway mania) and two of any other attractions in the park. the same goes for epcot where you pick one of characterspot priority, illuminations viewing, malestrom, testtrack, or soarin, and then two of any other attraction in the park. this system has so far been rather easy and completely painless. it seems like everything is worked out but i will update this after i go in a little over a month.
    It sounds like you're an expert at this point, and I look forward to your update, GoofyDonald! I hope there are no tiers added to the MK & DAK, though I expect changes in the coming months and years.

Do you think Illuminations viewing would be worthwhile as a FP pick?

The rest of this post is an attempt to fight my insomnia , and should not be read by anyone who values their limited time!

Confession: as much as I love the current Disneyland FP system (seriously), I love planning Disney trips so much that I'm disturbingly thrilled by the complexity of this new WDW system. My Minime and I enjoy beating the crowds and avoiding waits in lines (though we'd never be dishonest to accomplish this), and I'm trying to look at shortening our wait times as a fun challenge, whatever system is in place.

If MyMagic+ doesn't seem too complicated and if it rarely breaks down , Disney World guests might ultimately like it, whether or not the billion or so (now a "sunk cost" ) was the best way to have spent that money.

Despite my beloved Wisconsin Badgers making it to the NCAA's Sweet 16 this year, this complicated contest between U. Orlando and WDW is even more interesting to me. Increasing attendance will be one way to keep score, though this might not be fair. After all, how many more guests can fit into the MK with its current capacity? Its 17 million a year is already a theme park world record.
    In one-on-one basketball, if Wilt James scored 50 points a game for ten games in a row, would Michael Erving be "winning" if he scored 7 points in game one and increased by three points a game in each of the 9 following games? In game 10 he'd score 34 points, but still be down. Wall Street loves momentum, but Disneytologists/ Micheymaniacs/ Worshippers of Walt love seeing a castle at the end of Main Street USA.
    Imagine all of the unread posts I'll write on Micechat after our next Florida visit!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-24-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Under the Sea is a good one for a FP too.. that line is insaine sometimes. Buzz is a pretty quick moving line as well for the most part as it is a constant moving ride.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    Under the Sea is a good one for a FP too.. that line is insaine sometimes. Buzz is a pretty quick moving line as well for the most part as it is a constant moving ride.
    I hesitate to fastpass an omnimover attraction, especially a new one that has a beautiful interactive queue to explore. also while it does seem like buzz moves quickly at times, it is prone to stoppages for some reason and do to its proximity to space mountain and the lack of quality attractions around it the line can get crazy busy in a seconds notice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast