• Rat Tat Tat.

Port Orleans--Riverside Opinions?

I am probably going to stay at the Port Orleans Riverside this summer, what kinds of experiences have you had there, or what have you heard? Any suggestions? Thank you!

Re: Port Orleans--Riverside Opinions?

Mostly good ones. All rooms were renovated in 2004-05. Food court is nice and not overpriced by Disney standards. Boatwright's serves the best breakfast on property and damn good prime rib for dinner. Main pool is nice, but jacuzzi is way too small (once saw about 75 teens in an area that maybe could fit 20 ...interesting).

grounds are very nice and relaxing ... bar is good .. large shop ...

pics and any info you could want is on Deb Wills site ... wdwig.com

only other advice would be if you get a room that doesn't appear clean or up to your standards, go back and nicely demand another (good advice anywhere, but people seem afraid to do it at WDW!)

Port Orleans Riverside is a nice moderate resort. Personally, I prefer the French Quarter, I think the design of the buildings is just great and the food court there has some wonderful comfort food.

The mansions of Riverside are spread out quite a bit, but it's never too far a walk from the food court or the boat dock to get you down to DTD. I will agree with the hot tub being a bit small, of course I tend to visit WDW during way off peak times, so it was never an issue for me.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Thanks for the advice!

• The one, the only...

I have stayed at Riverside and enjoyed it very much. I suggest that when you pick out your room try to get near a bus station. I think that for me it make or break situation.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Disney Cub

I too stayed at PO Riverside and I really enjoyed it. The rooms were decent sized and the landscaping around the resort was great! Even though this place is HUGE you never felt like you were staying with thousands of other people because of the layout of the buildings and all the dense foliage between them. The food court was nice and we really enjoyed Boatrights (their desert menu kicks ***!) This is totally off topic but look into the Disney dining plan, we used it and ate like kings!
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    -Walt Disney

http://www.myspace.com/gregoryj

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    grounds are very nice and relaxing ... bar is good .. large shop ...
    I agree with what is said here (and in all the other posts, except I never visited the spa, so can't comment on that) - BUT

the grounds are very nice and relaxing

the bar is not so much! There's an interactive piano player and the times I wanted a relaxing adult beverage at the end of the day, it was totally swamped with kids. We found the bar in POFQ to be much more to our liking in that aspect, and the musicians were decent, too!

^^I agree. The bar at FQ is definitely better ... and yes, there can be kids at any WDW bar. It is very annoying. But apparently, there are a lot of bad parents out there, who knew? (ducks ... hides under the bed with his Pooh blankey.)

• In a World of My Own

I recommend you stay here, the rooms are nice and the beds are really comfy. I agree that the bar in FQ is nicer though, we spent more time there than Riverside's bar. One problem, on day while we were out a glass got smashed we think by a maid, it was three days before it was cleaned up, I'm glad I noticed it right away, we tried our best to clear it but little bits had to be left for the maid.

We stayed here in 2003, liked it alot. Would go back again. We requested a room closer to the dining hall which made getting food and hopping on the shuttle better. Had a blast with the piano player (darn it, whats his name????) my kids got a great kick out of him. Rented a boat and cruised around, had a good time with that. Food at Boatwrights is very good. There are so many frogs and lizards there too with all that foliage. Teeny tiny frogs the size of a quarter, that we did not hear at night. We did not adjust to the time change there, and the first morning we were woken up by a maid entering our room at 9 am (6 am for us). That was kind of scary. Someone stole the do not disturb sign.

I don't post much, but POR is too good a place to pass up commenting on.

Definitely my favorite resort in all of Disney. Wonderful place to take leisurely morning strolls around the grounds, or rent a bicycle-carriage for tooling around in the evening. Love the food court, with the huge waterwheel that slowly turns outside the window.

The Alligator Bayou section is my favorite, and particularly one of the king-size-bed rooms, which are on a corner and so have more windows.

Hope you enjoy your visit. :-)
    I am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me. -- Winnie the Pooh

We also love POR. We stayed in Alligator Bayou, king bed (corner unit), water view. Lovely, tranquil resort. I enjoyed bringing my chair out onto the walkway just to enjoy the birds and river view. The food court was quite interesting with water wheel and river view as well. I liked it better than PORFQ. Just a personal preference for the river view, high ceilings and water wheel. The landscaping is beautiful and lush, hiding the fact that you are staying at a huge resort.