• former CM

PREDICTION: Soarin' over America will be EXTREMELY popular

While it's possible to botch anything (Star Wars: Episode 1, for example), I think it's likely that Soarin' over the US, or whatever it's called, will be wonderful and even more popular than anticipated. (Like the improved Star Tours.) Someone suggested that it be in 3D with the glasses shaped liked aviator goggles. Will it be in 3D?

Hopefully Soarin' over America will lead to Soarin' over Europe at Disneyland Paris, Soarin' over Japan in Tokyo, and Soarin' over China in Hong Kong and Shanghai. Disney is doing its best to make money from wealthier guests with its vacation club, but it should also try to get wealthier guests to visit ALL of the Disney parks by making each one unique and worthy of taking a day away from Paris, Tokyo, etc. These international Disney fans could be like less athletic versions mountain climbers (like the late Frank Wells) who attempt to climb the tallest mountain in each continent. I myself would take a Dole whip over frostbite. (Before you climb Everest, read "Into Thin Air.")

Then again if there were different Soarin' films, it would be cool to eventually rotate them so each one played in each park for a year or two.

• former CM

Re: PREDICTION: Soarin' over America will be EXTREMELY popular

P.S. When exactly will this new Soarin' open at EPCOT?
    And in DCA?

• Under that tree again!

What makes you think there is going to be a new version of Soarin that encompasses a larger area?

In DCA, they refilmed the end of the show, which has DL at Christmas and DCA 1.0. So last week they had DCA 2.0 and DL in it's regular form. Also a little while back Soarin fully closed(which is not common as with multiple theaters they can maintain one at a time). It did not reopen with a rumored new film.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

yeah at this point there are only rumours regarding a new soarin film. nothing has been confirmed and with its current popularity i doubt any changes happen with it for some time. at least until after something else is added in future world to take over the capacity soarin would be temporarily loosing as adjustments were made to the attraction.

• formerly very helpful

I'd be happy with the change in FLorida, if only to make the one in DCA unique again. All of the DIsney parks should have their own attractions.

• former CM

I'm almost embarrassed. After reading Swampy's post I searched the internet to confirm that this is going to happen, and I guess it is just a rumor. There were threads on different Disney fan sites about "Soarin' Over the World," but zero confirmations by Disney that I could find.

I'd be happy if Soarin', like Dumbo, the highly updatable Star Tours & the highly updatable and interactive Toy Story Midway Mania were at every Disney resort. Just make the entrances different like the beautiful TSMM at Tokyo--a dreamy evocation of Coney Island in the 20s.

And I'd like a different (preferably very different) Haunted Mansion at every resort. I enjoyed the western one in France with its orchestral music & French language, which can be as creepy as it is romantic--see the popularity of French translations of Poe. For different versions of Soarin', the same theme music could be added to music that fits Europe, Japan and China.

They just filmed the new ending scenes for the next Soarin. It is probably still at least a year or 2 away from the parks

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

I'd be happy if Soarin', like Dumbo, the highly updatable Star Tours & the highly updatable and interactive Toy Story Midway Mania were at every Disney resort. Just make the entrances different like the beautiful TSMM at Tokyo--a dreamy evocation of Coney Island in the 20s.
    I would like each park to have a version of Soarin, being a computer controlled simulator like Star Tours and Toy Story(to an extent), having multiple endings at least.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I would like each park to have a version of Soarin, being a computer controlled simulator like Star Tours and Toy Story(to an extent), having multiple endings at least.
    Or after the film as people exit and enter the theater, project:

With the exception of a little bit of Nevada in the Lake Tahoe skiing scene,
    everything in this movie was filmed in California.
    Now visit the actual places you've soared over!

Isn't this just an HD upgrade for the current film? A new version called Soarin' Over the Horizons or Soarin' over the World will debut in Shanghai, then the US.
    1998: Tokyo Disneyland
    2001: Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea
    2003: Disneyland Paris
    2005-2014: Hong Kong Disneyland
    2007: Tokyo DisneySea
    2010: Disneyland & Disney California Adventure

• Nutty about Disney parks

So the lines for Soarin' are going to be even worst than they already are?

Wonderful, says I in a sarcastic voice.

They really need to find a way to expand the Soarin' theater cause it's going to get ridiculous if the thread title is true.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I'd be happy with the change in FLorida, if only to make the one in DCA unique again. All of the DIsney parks should have their own attractions.
    I just find it weird that DCA is going to get Soarin' Around the World while Epcot could get an American theme. Thematically wouldn't it make more sense to switch the two?

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    So the lines for Soarin' are going to be even worst than they already are?

Wonderful, says I in a sarcastic voice.

They really need to find a way to expand the Soarin' theater cause it's going to get ridiculous if the thread title is true.

I just find it weird that DCA is going to get Soarin' Around the World while Epcot could get an American theme. Thematically wouldn't it make more sense to switch the two?
    Thematically it makes most sense for DCA to keep the CALIFORNIA version and Epcot to get a world version. In reality, however, I would love to have a different version or versions on either a rotating basis or one on each side or something.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    Isn't this just an HD upgrade for the current film? A new version called Soarin' Over the Horizons or Soarin' over the World will debut in Shanghai, then the US.
    I hope that's true. I've read that Shanghai Disneyland is scheduled to open by the end of 2015, but the most recent construction photos and how long it took Disney to build the dwarf coaster and Ratatouille would make me bet against it. Then again, the Chinese have erected skyscrapers with astonishing speed.

So iluvHKDL, what's your source for Shanghai's Soarin' Over the World? (or ...Horizons.)