Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Re: Move the ugly memorials around Spaceship Earth, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I found this little before and after series. Epcot Images: Then and Now | Mickeycity.com
    I think the pictures speak for themselves, especially on the Innoventions side.
    There was a kind of purity to EPCOT back in those early days, that I think is gone - or at least hurting now.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    I was... I personally don't get mad at that kind of stuff.. I have better things to concern myself with on my vacation than decoration plans for a park.
    Who's mad?

You travel to a park and are unconcerned how it looks?

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Quote of the year... so far at least.
    Do you read a lot of great quotes, Micoofy Duck? Was it it the zinger of implying that those who disagree are "mad" that you found so eloquent and accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Who's mad?

You travel to a park and are unconcerned how it looks?
    I never said you're mad about it... you deffinately seemed preterbed enough about it to bring it up though..
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I was... I personally don't get mad at that kind of stuff.. I have better things to concern myself with on my vacation than decoration plans for a park.
    Such an attitude would be the antithesis of nerdiness.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Such an attitude would be the antithesis of nerdiness.
    But seriously, a self-proclaimed "DisneyNerd" (like me named "Tom") who has written 107 posts on Micechat since January should be concerned with the parks' aesthetics.

DisneyNerdTom, you will become, "One of us! One of us!" (And as a nerd I expect you to know the film in which that often-referenced quote appeared in the 1930s.)

LazyBoy1970, to quote a mediocre movie, "Con Air," that pertains to a serial killer portrayed by the great Steve Buscemi,
    "Love your work."

• former CM

I never said you're mad about it... you deffinately seemed preterbed enough about it to bring it up though..
    I'll take "preterbed."

• former CM

Epcot Images: Then and Now | Mickeycity.com

(Thanks again, Dapper Dan! I like trees almost to the point of hugging them, but that one that blocks the view of the bottom of Spaceship Earth should be moved, perhaps into furniture or firewood form.)

But seriously, a self-proclaimed "DisneyNerd" (like me named "Tom") who has written 107 posts on Micechat since January should be concerned with the parks' aesthetics.

DisneyNerdTom, you will become, "One of us! One of us!" (And as a nerd I expect you to know the film in which that often-referenced quote appeared in the 1930s.)

LazyBoy1970, to quote a mediocre movie, "Con Air," that pertains to a serial killer portrayed by the great Steve Buscemi,
    "Love your work."

LOL.. the name is more to promote my disney podcast more than anything else..

Don't get me wrong. If the parks were dumpy and dingy.. I would have a problem. I would go to Valleyfair which is 4 minutes from where I live rather than spend thousands of dollars to go to Florida.. I just see these two examples given.. the slabs and the wand as small things to concern myself with. I see people complain about the hat all the time too.. I actually like the hat.. Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite version of him.

• former CM

. . . small things to concern myself with. I see people complain about the hat all the time too.. I actually like the hat.. Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite version of him.
    What's "small" is subjective. I too don't mind the hat, strollers and stroller parking lots, the Disney characters in "Small World," the Mickey and Friends parking lot, and a few other things than annoy some of my favorite Micechatters.

But the uniformity of the leaves on Tarzan's Tree house, the ugly ceiling in Disneyland's Small World and a few other things like that have caused me to post on the "overrated" thread--though my more positive list on your "underrated" thread was longer.
    What are the things at WDW (if any) do you think are underrated??

The more often I go to Disney parks the more picky I get, which is one reason why we don't get APs every year. When I do go after a long break from them I feel like I'm in heaven.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-27-2014 at 10:54 AM.

What's "small" is subjective. I too don't mind the hat, strollers and stroller parking lots, the Disney characters in "Small World," the Mickey and Friends parking lot, and a few other things than annoy some of my favorite Micechatters.

But the uniformity of the leaves on Tarzan's Tree house, the ugly ceiling in Disneyland's Small World and a few other things like that have caused me to post on the "overrated" thread--though my more positive list on your "underrated" thread was longer.
    What are the things at WDW (if any) do you think are underrated??

The more often I go to Disney parks the more picky I get, which is one reason why we don't get APs every year. When I do go after a long break from them I feel like I'm in heaven.
    Fair enough... I can only speak for myself.. It doesn't make my view "more right" than yours. I aknowledge that. What I get out of my vacation and how I get to that point is different than you.. and that's ok. I do think there are things Disney can improve on. asthetics are nice to have in place.. But for me... even with this needed improvements.. I feel at home there.. I feel at peace there.. That part is what means most to me.. if that feeling were to go away.. then I would have to see what I really think needs changing.

I appreciate your passion for the small things.. the small details are lost by many people.. especially the first time goers when the whole trip is really over their head and they go around the parks like chickens with their heads cut off....

• враг народа

Blog Entries

LOL.. the name is more to promote my disney podcast more than anything else..

Don't get me wrong. If the parks were dumpy and dingy.. I would have a problem. I would go to Valleyfair which is 4 minutes from where I live rather than spend thousands of dollars to go to Florida.. I just see these two examples given.. the slabs and the wand as small things to concern myself with. I see people complain about the hat all the time too.. I actually like the hat.. Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite version of him.
    The design of the parks is not even at the level of small. The Disney theme parks are storytelling through the medium of the built environment. It is like saying plot is only a minor, obscure part of a film.

• Metro-Retro Historian

To be honest, the monuments don't bother me that much visually. At least not nearly as much as what happened on the other side of the ball where a gorgeous park was turned into a concrete slab. They bother me more physically. They act as sort of a barrier that makes the entrance plaza feel smaller and funnels people toward the center. If you try to walk through them toward Spaceship Earth it's like trying to navigate a maze.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

It's nice to know my selection of favorite quote has been well received.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 03-27-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The design of the parks is not even at the level of small. The Disney theme parks are storytelling through the medium of the built environment. It is like saying plot is only a minor, obscure part of a film.
    I get that but the slabs and wand do not interfere with that aspect at all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast