• Minion

April-May in WDW!

Ok folks this is a two parter:

1) been looking around a lot online and still no confirmation on the official opening for the seven dwarfs mine train. we will be there from the 30th to the 5th and would really like to get on this attraction at least once. I know the media event is scheduled for the 30th but would like something more concrete.

2) Ive heard lots of rumours about refurbs for the non pirate rooms at the caribbean beach starting in april recently. since we are staying at that resort can anyone confirm these rumours/what building they are starting in so I can make room requests accordingly?

getting super excited, only a month out.

• Under that tree again!

Re: April-May in WDW!

1. The Disney Blog said an announcement will come soon. So nothing official yet. I have little doubt you will get a change being there during the dedication and media events. It will have FP so keep an eye open to book it, as I wouldn't want to chance stand By for that one.

2. It may be a few weeks before they start and we firmly know where the work will begin and how fast it goes.

They are apparently getting queen beds now and people have reported getting reservation for queen rooms, so if you request that maybe you will get a queen. Another thing I heard is the partition between the room and sinks will be a sliding door rather than curtain, you may want to ask for that too. If you want to avoid the construction, each area gets refurbed at a time, so stay in the middle by asking to be close to the bus stops. That way you aren't on the edge which could give you a view or the village next door with a dumpster full of carpet.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Re: April-May in WDW!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    1. The Disney Blog said an announcement will come soon. So nothing official yet. I have little doubt you will get a change being there during the dedication and media events. It will have FP so keep an eye open to book it, as I wouldn't want to chance stand By for that one.

2. It may be a few weeks before they start and we firmly know where the work will begin and how fast it goes.

They are apparently getting queen beds now and people have reported getting reservation for queen rooms, so if you request that maybe you will get a queen. Another thing I heard is the partition between the room and sinks will be a sliding door rather than curtain, you may want to ask for that too. If you want to avoid the construction, each area gets refurbed at a time, so stay in the middle by asking to be close to the bus stops. That way you aren't on the edge which could give you a view or the village next door with a dumpster full of carpet.
    I figured they would but I have yet to see any fastpass plus options to book it as of yet. maybe I will have to wait until after the official announcement.

I already have a water view and i made a request for the jamaica or aruba buildings closest to the bridge. I'm afraid to change my request though because if they start the project way out in the middle of nowhere like the customs house end of barbados that is going to be one brutal walk. guess ill just have to wait for more info.