Question The Swan or Dolphin?

In the 90's my family went to either the Swan or Dolphin for ice cream. One of them had an ice cream parlour that had this HUGE bowl of ice cream and if you ate it all you didn't have to pay for it. I can't remember which hotel it was at, what the name of that particular ice cream order was called. Someone had said it was Beaches & Cream and something called the Kitchen Sink but I KNOW it was either at the Swan or Dolphin because we did not go to that area. We've been going to WDW since 1975 and I remember us hearing about this ice cream parlour that had that particular item. My son at the time was I believe 12 so it was 1992, he ate the whole thing and we didn't have to pay for it.

Does anyone else remember this?

• Under that tree again!

Re: The Swan or Dolphin?

Sounds like the big sundae at The Fountain in the Dolphin. I don't think it's free if you finish it. I don't recall them ever having a challenge there either. But they do have a large and expensive sundae.

A Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream is enormous and I know they never had a challenge to eat all of it..
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

yep thats the fountain funnel from the dolphin's fountain restaurant. if you are going and want an ice cream experience though go to beaches and cream as the other person suggested. hands down IMO the best on property and its only a quarter mile walk from that resort.

So does anyone remember the Fountain having that? I definitely remember it saying in the menu that if the whole thing was eaten you didn't have to pay for it and everyone applauded after my son finished it. Obviously they don't do that anymore????

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Vece Alonzo View Post
    So does anyone remember the Fountain having that? I definitely remember it saying in the menu that if the whole thing was eaten you didn't have to pay for it and everyone applauded after my son finished it. Obviously they don't do that anymore????
    i dont remember that ever happening but as you said it happened so early in the resort's history so much has probably changed since then. i know for sure that it does not happen anymore if it did occur in the past.

never been to the Dolphin but love BEACHES & CREAM