Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,485

    Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    The WDW site is full of bad information. But if you go to log into the My Disney Experience site, which requires a WDW account that you set up, you can link tickets to MDE. Offsite guests can make FP selections 30 days out. Then they need to purchase a Magic Band for $12.95

    Magic bands remain an included perk for onsite guests who can also book FP+ 60 days out.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    so in reality there are even less perks to staying on property now then there were before...

  3. #3

    • 1,200 Miles from da Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    908

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    ^this glad I've held off renewing my DVC
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton


  4. #4

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    I BELIEVE THEIR DINING IS ONLY 90 DAYS IF STAYING OFF SITE CORRECT? I KNOW FOR ON SITE IT IS 180... I ONLY HAVE 8 MORE DAYS UNTIL I CAN MAKE MY RESSIES.... I WAS TOLD ONCE I COULD MAKE UP TO 10 DAYS FROM ARRIVAL...THE CM I SPOKE TO TODAY SAID I CAN MAKE THE DINING FOR ANY DAY UNTIL I LEAVE... WHICH IS COOL....SINCE I WILL BE THERE 14 DAYS

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Offsite guests can make FP selections 30 days out. Then they need to purchase a Magic Band for $12.95
    MagicBands are optional, if you do not have one you can use your park ticket at the attractions for your FastPasses.

  6. #6

    • Omnimover Groover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    72

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    I like this option.
    People aren't successful because they have never failed.....they are successful because failing hasn't stopped them.

  7. #7

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    so in reality there are even less perks to staying on property now then there were before...
    Wait. There are? What changed?

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  8. #8

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,485

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Wait. There are? What changed?
    It used to be onsite guests were the only ones who got Magic Bands. Now APs also get them complimentary. Offsite guests can purchase them.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It used to be onsite guests were the only ones who got Magic Bands. Now APs also get them complimentary. Offsite guests can purchase them.
    this and also more importantly the fact that those who do not stay on site can book fastpasses a month in advance of their vacation whereas prior to that booking fastpasses in advance was exclusive to disney resort guests and off site visitors would have to line up at the kiosks and book their fastpasses the old fashioned way. the one true perk of the my magic plus system for resort guests has essentially now been voided unless you know of course exactly what park you want to go to, where you want to eat and what attractions you want to ride and in what order for every day you stay there over a month out from your vacation...

  10. #10

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,663

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It used to be onsite guests were the only ones who got Magic Bands. Now APs also get them complimentary. Offsite guests can purchase them.
    You should keep the MB things seperate from FP+ - they really aren't dependent on each other. FP+ usage is by any RFID enabled media.

    There are of course recent changes in both FP+ access and the ability to buy MagicBands... but the availability to buy MagicBands doesn't change anything about FP+

    Right now, buying MagicBands is just offering 'convenience'. Certainly there will be later rollouts that will offer more features that are unique to the MagicBands.. like the interactive ride elements, etc. But today, very little benefit to them.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    193

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You should keep the MB things seperate from FP+ - they really aren't dependent on each other. FP+ usage is by any RFID enabled media.

    There are of course recent changes in both FP+ access and the ability to buy MagicBands... but the availability to buy MagicBands doesn't change anything about FP+

    Right now, buying MagicBands is just offering 'convenience'. Certainly there will be later rollouts that will offer more features that are unique to the MagicBands.. like the interactive ride elements, etc. But today, very little benefit to them.
    I have also heard thode that own Disney Infinity the video game can unlock something with a magic band. I have not been able to test this myself, nor do I know what it unlocks but it you are a DI owner that may be another "perk" to purchase a MB.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

  12. #12

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,663

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    I have also heard thode that own Disney Infinity the video game can unlock something with a magic band. I have not been able to test this myself, nor do I know what it unlocks but it you are a DI owner that may be another "perk" to purchase a MB.
    The MB just enables a piece of DLC in the game... nothing dramatic. And you can use any MB.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  13. #13

    • #bringevilback
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,634

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by susanm View Post
    I BELIEVE THEIR DINING IS ONLY 90 DAYS IF STAYING OFF SITE CORRECT? I KNOW FOR ON SITE IT IS 180... I ONLY HAVE 8 MORE DAYS UNTIL I CAN MAKE MY RESSIES.... I WAS TOLD ONCE I COULD MAKE UP TO 10 DAYS FROM ARRIVAL...THE CM I SPOKE TO TODAY SAID I CAN MAKE THE DINING FOR ANY DAY UNTIL I LEAVE... WHICH IS COOL....SINCE I WILL BE THERE 14 DAYS
    All dining reservations can be made at 180 days, the onsite advantage is the extra 10 day window for the rest of your trip.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    193

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The MB just enables a piece of DLC in the game... nothing dramatic. And you can use any MB.
    Do you know if it will work post ticket validaty? We have MBs from our last trip but the annual pass that was on them have now expired.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

  15. #15

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,663

    Re: Offsite guests can now use My Disney Experience to prebook FastPass

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    Do you know if it will work post ticket validaty? We have MBs from our last trip but the annual pass that was on them have now expired.
    Yes, there is nothing specific to the type of entitlements the MB enabled. It just knows it's a MB.. and poof. Given the advancements since then, even a RFID enabled ticket might work.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone Know if Tokyo Disney Hotel Guests Can Still Get FOUR Day Parkhoppers?
    By Fukai in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 07:56 AM
  2. [Question] Disney Gift Card: Where Can I use it?
    By SrcrMkyLvr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 09:11 PM
  4. Disney Goes Disney Experience
    By Club 33 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 08:40 PM
  5. Disney Is Trying To Shut Down The Disney Experience!
    By Club 33 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 09:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •