Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Fast Pass + 4th selection

On the taping of our podcast last night one of my co-hosts mentioned he has learned that coming really soon for Fast Pass + is a flaoting 4th selection.

How this will work is you plan your timed 3 fast passes.

Then when at the park you will get a floating fast pass that will work similarly to the old system. Where you get a return time for a ride and then when you use it you can go get a FP for another attraction untill all FP times are used up.

I am not sure if you can only use this when your other 3 are used or can start using once you get into the park.

This should solve the issues many have mentioned that they are not liking about FP+ and should actually improve the experience.

I don't have a lot of details at this time nor do I have anything to show to prove this but my co-host is VERY in tune to Disney news. Once I find more information on this I will be more than happy to pass along.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Re: Fast Pass + 4th selection

I am liking this idea. my oct trip will be the first one with the magic bands and that was the only thing i wasnt fond of....
    could do more than 3 fast passes in a day the old way....

I love the idea.. If this comes to fruition it will make FP+ what I think Disney wanted it to be.

• Under that tree again!

This is not news.

That is rumor.

It's based on a survey. Not actual facts.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This is not news.

That is rumor.

It's based on a survey. Not actual facts.
    Well I selected the wrong catagory... big deal. Point is this is being tought of.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    Well I selected the wrong catagory... big deal. Point is this is being tought of.
    lol it is kind of a big difference though just saying. surveys suggest a lot of different ideas every year, very few of which are ever followed through with. the purpose is simply to gain general public interest in certain basic constructs to gain an idea of which direction to possibly head in the future.

while i personally would love the idea like many disney frequenters out there, i think for the average once and a while guest this system might be a little too in depth and confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol it is kind of a big difference though just saying. surveys suggest a lot of different ideas every year, very few of which are ever followed through with. the purpose is simply to gain general public interest in certain basic constructs to gain an idea of which direction to possibly head in the future.

while i personally would love the idea like many disney frequenters out there, i think for the average once and a while guest this system might be a little too in depth and confusing.
    You mean more than the current one?? lol.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do think the people that operate the parks at Disney World are shooting for the long time guests. They want people to stay in their hotels, eat in their restaurants, and even use their Magical Express buses. They want those customers to figure out the new system, and use it to their advantage. If the day guest doesn't get it, they might not return for another day in the future. If a week long guest doesn't like it, and doesn't return, Disney would be out more money. Change is hard to accept for some people. The key is good publicity, and good information going out to the public. Of course, the best publicity is happy guests, who tried it, and liked it. Or found it easy to use. It does take a while to get the kinks out. Especially when they are setting up a system that will eventually affect every guest that enters their parks.

For now, I am willing to give it a try. Whether it is 3 fast passes or four. One park, or more. .

The biggest (and probably most expensive) part of this whole introduction is educating the public. It's a big change that happened rather fast.

Heck, A good portion of us didn't completely understand how the whole thing worked for quite some time.

I definitely agree. The biggest reason people dislike this system is because it's a whole lot different than what they've been used to.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The system is dependent on computer, and/or smart phone access. I guess nowadays a great percentage of the population has ownership of one or both. When I was there in 2009, there was no wifi in the parks or hotels. I understand that that has changed. It is definitely a different world we live in today. When these modern miracle devices work, it's great. Like Magic. When things don't work, it can be a nightmare.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    You mean more than the current one?? lol.
    yes because it is an extra step more so then the current one. the current system is already odd and somewhat confusing for the casual observer as is.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    yes because it is an extra step more so then the current one. the current system is already odd and somewhat confusing for the casual observer as is.
    I have faith the collective public will come to terms on how to navigate and operate the new system, new additions and all. FastPass+ is not impossible.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I have faith the collective public will come to terms on how to navigate and operate the new system, new additions and all. FastPass+ is not impossible.
    agreed but to suggest its not at least somewhat complicated and confusing to an individual who isn't in the disney knowledge bubble is a little silly too.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

People will figure it out. The same way they have figured out other things in their life. I remember when I was confused by my computer. Other devices come to mind. I once said, that I would never trust paying a bill online. I now do that from time to time. Will there be problems? Sure. Nothing works perfectly all the time.

Hey, I'm sure, if it really turns out to be a fiasco, Disney will come up with something else. Look how many things have changed since the parks opened.

Disney has announced this is coming.

MyMagic+ Now Available to Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and Day Guests « Disney Parks Blog

This is an exerpt from this.

"We’ve heard from a number of guests that they would like the opportunity to add additional FastPass+ entitlements during their visit, in addition to the three they can plan in advance. So, we’re working on providing them with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit. Once they’ve used the three they’ve booked, we’ll enable them to select another at kiosks in the parks. And once they’ve used the fourth, they can select another, and so on. We also heard that other guests liked the fact that with the FastPass+ service they could use FASTPASS when they park hopped. So we’re working on a service enhancement to add that feature to FastPass+ as well."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast