Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

FP+ may be changing according to a survey. More FPs and othe changes possible

Disney has sent random future guests with reservations surveys about My Disney Experience and FP+. It's only a survey but it does indicate what Disney is considering. It doesn't indicate that any of these changes will take place.

To share what the survey was asking I'll try my best to recall.

It said the way it works could have three sets of conditions:
    A. Use your 3 and get another and after using that get another and after using that.......
    B. Same as A, but can't add the 4th until after 1pm
    C. After using first of 3 you can reserve another, able to always hold 3 FPs

Then it asked questions about opinions/feelings and wants, ranking 1-10 of importance, and rank these situations in order of preference..... It was a standard survey but long.
    Do you like planning in advance
    Would you plan in advance more or less without FP+/MDE
    Do you want FP in more than 1 them park
    How many household will you be traveling with
    General back ground stuff, last visit, age, sex, income...
    How many FPs do you want, in each park
    A lot saying if condition A (above) was the case:
    Then it asked questions if it was condition B
    Then it asked questions if it was condition A
    Would you arrive or leave a park earlier or later
    Would you need to ask CMs for help
    It asked if approve of condition A-C, rank it 1-10

My thoughts are: They want to know if FP+ MDE makes a difference. Is this going to effect planning. Is this going to effect visit habits. If they change to condition A or B, we will want to do the best FP attractions early because FPs won't be available later. If they change to C we could hold our best 2 FP until later in the day. This could really crowd the parks in the midday and cause traffic jams if everyone wants to arrive at a similar time, leaving early or late hours dead.

Maybe things will change soon.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Re: FP+ may be changing according to a survey. More FPs and othe changes possible

all of these systems would not be very effective or positive. it splits the day in two because everyone will book fastpasses in the morning so that they can go back to unlimited fastpasses for the afternoon and evening.

• Inappropriate

Re: FP+ may be changing according to a survey. More FPs and othe changes possible

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    all of these systems would not be very effective or positive. it splits the day in two because everyone will book fastpasses in the morning so that they can go back to unlimited fastpasses for the afternoon and evening.
    So it's exactly the same as the old system, then. Because people would rush the parks and fastpass machines as early as possible to maximize their gain throughout the day. Only this way the rushing is at home in your pajamas on your computer 60 days in advance.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I fully expect what we have 'today' is not the final resting place. Disney has REPEATEDLY shown in this rollout things are being done in increments... with little acknowledgement of what they didn't cover or will cover.

Currently they don't have a park hopping strategy either... but I expect that to change as well. I wouldn't put much faith in 'what we have today' as being the model even 12months from now. They have sped up changes lately, but the latest one of giving advance access to non-resort visitors is going to take time to reach everyone.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I fully expect what we have 'today' is not the final resting place. Disney has REPEATEDLY shown in this rollout things are being done in increments... with little acknowledgement of what they didn't cover or will cover.

Currently they don't have a park hopping strategy either... but I expect that to change as well. I wouldn't put much faith in 'what we have today' as being the model even 12months from now. They have sped up changes lately, but the latest one of giving advance access to non-resort visitors is going to take time to reach everyone.
    Surely, don't forget we are well over a year into this "new" system. It didn't just happened it developed along that way. It will continue to develop.

This is in itself a problem for planners. We can make dinner reservations 180 days out, but don't know for sure how we will spend the non eating time.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Surely, don't forget we are well over a year into this "new" system. It didn't just happened it developed along that way. It will continue to develop.

This is in itself a problem for planners. We can make dinner reservations 180 days out, but don't know for sure how we will spend the non eating time.
    But there is a big difference between evolving/iterating for refinements and simply having so many releases to get the job rolled out for what was supposed to be v1.0

We are still seeing the basics being added

Am I evil? yes, I am

This whole system is a big statistical nightmare.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    This whole system is a big statistical nightmare.
    Is it? How so?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Well they finally made some announcements...

MyMagic+ Now Available to Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and Day Guests « Disney Parks Blog

Confirming dayguests (which was already working) and acknowledging they will allow more than 3 FP+ selections (by allowing you to get additional after you used 3) and are working on Park hopping.

The phased rollout continues...

Am I evil? yes, I am

MyMagic+ Now Available to Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and Day Guests « Disney Parks Blog

Confirming dayguests (which was already working) and acknowledging they will allow more than 3 FP+ selections (by allowing you to get additional after you used 3) and are working on Park hopping.

Already said this in another post
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Disney has sent random future guests with reservations surveys about My Disney Experience and FP+. It's only a survey but it does indicate what Disney is considering. It doesn't indicate that any of these changes will take place.

To share what the survey was asking I'll try my best to recall.

It said the way it works could have three sets of conditions:
    A. Use your 3 and get another and after using that get another and after using that.......
    B. Same as A, but can't add the 4th until after 1pm
    C. After using first of 3 you can reserve another, able to always hold 3 FPs

Then it asked questions about opinions/feelings and wants, ranking 1-10 of importance, and rank these situations in order of preference..... It was a standard survey but long.
    Do you like planning in advance
    Would you plan in advance more or less without FP+/MDE
    Do you want FP in more than 1 them park
    How many household will you be traveling with
    General back ground stuff, last visit, age, sex, income...
    How many FPs do you want, in each park
    A lot saying if condition A (above) was the case:
    Then it asked questions if it was condition B
    Then it asked questions if it was condition A
    Would you arrive or leave a park earlier or later
    Would you need to ask CMs for help
    It asked if approve of condition A-C, rank it 1-10

My thoughts are: They want to know if FP+ MDE makes a difference. Is this going to effect planning. Is this going to effect visit habits. If they change to condition A or B, we will want to do the best FP attractions early because FPs won't be available later. If they change to C we could hold our best 2 FP until later in the day. This could really crowd the parks in the midday and cause traffic jams if everyone wants to arrive at a similar time, leaving early or late hours dead.

I dont get you... you ripped me for posting basically this exact same thing... and I posted it before you did!

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    I dont get you... you ripped me for posting basically this exact same thing... and I posted it before you did!
    I think the issue was you posted it as "news" whereas this was what the survey asked. We now have a basic idea of what the end result will be so it doesn't matter either way...

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I think the issue was you posted it as "news" whereas this was what the survey asked. We now have a basic idea of what the end result will be so it doesn't matter either way...
    Well this one is listed as news as well... lol

• Under that tree again!

To an extent it looks like a fluff piece. It's written by the Parks and Resorts head Tom Staggs. He stated in general that the preplanning with MDE is what most guests want.

I find it amazing that he said only 3.5M have taken part in the testing. For something that started over a year ago that is a small minority or WDW guests.

So what is coming,
    [QUOTE So, we’re working on providing them with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit. Once they’ve used the three they’ve booked, we’ll enable them to select another at kiosks in the parks. And once they’ve used the fourth, they can select another, and so on. We also heard that other guests liked the fact that with the FastPass+ service they could use FASTPASS when they park hopped. So we’re working on a service enhancement to add that feature to FastPass+ as well.][/QUOTE]

As of now that what we can expect.
    FPs in multiple parks.
    Use 3 get another, use that get another, use that get another..... That was Condition 3 in the survey.

CassieRN had said it looks like we will want to book FP for the morning. I agree it looks like that is where we are heading.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    Already said this in another post
    2 minutes earlier.. in a different discussion. Where should I mail your Gold Star?

You seem to have some learning to do when it comes to online etiquette.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast