My Magic + for monorail?

Hey everyone, one of my friends who is Bus Driver and former monorail pilot, passed this operational alert information today.

MY MAGIC + TO INCLUDE THE WALT DISNEY WORLD MONORAIL SYSTEM.

As you know we have been rolling out a key component of My Magic +, the Magic Bands, to our guests of the Walt Disney World resort. We were most excited to recently welcome all regular day guests in all of our theme parks into the Magic Band program. Like our resort guests, our Day guest can now enjoy all the pre-planning entitlements prior to their arrival at any one of our Disney Parks by using the simply and fast My Magic + app. As part of this role out we are now excited to announce that the Walt Disney World Monorail system will be added to the My Magic + experience.

Here at the Walt Disney World resort, we are proud to carry on the tradition of Walt Disney’s legacy. He once said about the park it “will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world ”. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Adding the Walt Disney World Monorail system will only add to the excitement our guest already experience with My Magic +. This innovated vacation experience will help redefine the Vacation Kingdom experience in the same revolutionary way as Disneyland’s 1955 grand opening. Along every step of the way, our guest have told us how excited they are to experience this new product of innovation and ingenuity that only Disney could do.

“I love that my kids don’t have to stand in a long line for It’s a Small World and the Enchanted Tiki room, My Magic + makes experiencing those attractions a seemless adventure for the entire family” was just one of the typical guest responses we get.

Another guest stopped by Guest Relations to let us know “There is no amount of pixie dust that could replace the joy of having reserved seating for Illumintions, Refections of Earth at Epcot.” This guest then added “Because of the reserved viewing, I know can have an extra 2 hours to just enjoy the world class dinning establishments of Epcot’s World Showcase”.

By adding the Walt Disney World Monorail system to the My Magic + experience, we are ensuring that our guests arrival and departure experiences are as magical and fun as their experiences in the park. We want the magic to be with each of our guest before they enter our theme parks and long after they have left. Adding the iconic Walt Disney World Monorail system is in response to guest feedback that they want more magic with their Transportation within our destination resort. Our guest have said that while they love the Monorail system it can have long wait times to navigate, especially after firework shows. Adding My Magic + will ensure that every one as a reservation to use the Monorail system, ensuring that our guest’s transportation experience is like no other in the world.

Walt Disney once said, “If you can dream it, you can do it”, and we believe that adding the Monorail System to the My Bands, is the natural evolution of the My Magic + experience especially now that all day guest can participate in the program.

At this time we will not be including the ferry boats and other water craft based transportation in the My Magic + experience. We will keep these transportation options for those who prefer not use the Walt Disney World Monorail system.

FAQs

Q: Why are you changing the way guest use the Monorail system.
    A: We constantly evaluate and monitor our guest feedback and periodically adjust our offerings.

Q: Which guest will be eligible to ride the Monorails.
    A: All guests, including day guest, will be able to enjoy the benefits of making a reservation via My Magic Experience to access our Monorail system.

Q: Do guest have to use My Magic +?
    A: No, other great transportation options, such as our are water crafts and ferry boats, will continue to be available to all guests of the Walt Disney World Resort.

Q: Why are you implementing the Monorails into the My Magic + system now.
    A: As we head into April and our peak seasons of spring and summer, our guest have told us they want a magic transportation experience.

• Minion

Re: My Magic + for monorail?

you have got to be kidding me. if this slows down load times i will not be happy.

The funny thing is... they'd probably do it too.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Done with MC.

Is the monorail that busy that it warrants this?
    It seems like all this can do is make things slower and more complicated for guests not using My Magic. Or, maybe that's the reason - to penalize non-users.

Lol.
    ~ Erik

• Sasquatch

april fools?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Is the monorail that busy that it warrants this?
    No, it's April 1st
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

This was done really well... bravo!
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Inappropriate

"What? No! I won't stand for this!" *checks today's date* "Oh ho ho ho, you magnificent trickster!"

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!