EPCOT after hours

LAKE BUENA VISTA -- It's always a bummer when IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth ends and you know it's time to go. But good news for you late-night sippers and noshers: Epcot invites you to hang out longer for happy hour Round 2.
    Walt Disney World has announced its all-new After Hours Wind Down experience at Epcot. As the grand finale fireworks show consumes the sky, your night is just kicking off.
    This is one of the most "intimate" of experiences possible at Epcot: no kids are allowed, and families have gone home.
    You get to pick one of four authentic and exclusive lounges. Award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers pair a beverage flight with cultural cuisine.
    LOCATIONS:

MENU:

• Selection of appetizers and one beverage flight (cash bar option available to purchase additional beverages)

PRICE:

• Adults (21 and over only) $35 per person/per location (tax and gratuity not included)

TIME:

• 9:20 p.m. to 11 p.m. Thursdays to Sundays (through Sept. 15)

You can make your reservation now at Disneyworld.com/Spring or call 407-WDW-DINE
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Re: EPCOT after hours

Do you already have to be inside EPCOT / purchase a ticket to participate? Or can you just come in specifically for the After Hours Wind Down?

The article does not say specifically but my assumption is you need to be in Epcot already. Meaning you would need to use a ticket to get into Epcot in order to participate in this.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    The article does not say specifically but my assumption is you need to be in Epcot already. Meaning you would need to use a ticket to get into Epcot in order to participate in this.
    more then likely this will probably be hooked with an all inclusive illuminations experience related specifically to the country of your choice. dinner, prime fireworks viewing, and after party.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    more then likely this will probably be hooked with an all inclusive illuminations experience related specifically to the country of your choice. dinner, prime fireworks viewing, and after party.
    This is possible but with the quoting of 9:20-11 that seems all post Illuminations times. It would be sad if they would no longer allow families to book Rose and Crown for illuminations since anyone under 21 would not be allowed for this.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    This is possible but with the quoting of 9:20-11 that seems all post Illuminations times. It would be sad if they would no longer allow families to book Rose and Crown for illuminations since anyone under 21 would not be allowed for this.
    I don't think you understood my previous comment. they would not be closing down restaurants for dinner to everyone not a part of this deal, just folding it all together as a part of one big experience you have to pay extra for. think of it like a combo between the fantasmic dining package and wishes desert show at MK. for an exorbitant set fee you pick a country, get a reservation at that country's participating restaurant, a special viewing area in said country, and entrance to the after dinner experience post illuminations. everything would still operate as normal, this extra thing would simply be added in limiting the opportunity for those of us who don't want to pay more money to get reservations, prime viewing spots and opportunities to access these special events. not saying it will happen just saying that is the general trend disney tends to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I don't think you understood my previous comment. they would not be closing down restaurants for dinner to everyone not a part of this deal, just folding it all together as a part of one big experience you have to pay extra for. think of it like a combo between the fantasmic dining package and wishes desert show at MK. for an exorbitant set fee you pick a country, get a reservation at that country's participating restaurant, a special viewing area in said country, and entrance to the after dinner experience post illuminations. everything would still operate as normal, this extra thing would simply be added in limiting the opportunity for those of us who don't want to pay more money to get reservations, prime viewing spots and opportunities to access these special events. not saying it will happen just saying that is the general trend disney tends to follow.
    Ahh yea that makes sense. I like this however I don't see myself getting the chance to take advantage of this unless we have someone to watch our kid.

We've seen lots of schemes to drain our wallets over the years, but this one takes the cake. This is insulting. You can already make reservations at table service restaurants as late as 9:55 PM and stay in the park until 11pm, and it'll get you a lot more than a lousy drink and a small appetizer. If successful, they'll probably stop offering late table service reservations to justify it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDWorldly View Post
    We've seen lots of schemes to drain our wallets over the years, but this one takes the cake. This is insulting. You can already make reservations at table service restaurants as late as 9:55 PM and stay in the park until 11pm, and it'll get you a lot more than a lousy drink and a small appetizer. If successful, they'll probably stop offering late table service reservations to justify it.
    I highly doubt that, they make way more then $35 a head plus tax and tip off people for a late dinner seating. considering these are some of their premier dining locations you are looking at something like double that with the assumption of an appetizer, entrée, desert, and alcohol. all this is doing is simply adding more locations to make money off of people and provide a different more adult experience, actually to be honest at a value in comparison to the alternative. the offer is not simply a small appetizer and one drink but a selection plate based upon your party size which allows you to have a small portion of several appetizers and a beverage flight which consists of three drinks typically. all in all I would say that is pretty solid value considering it is disney. the only thing I draw concern with is the fact that we all know what this will lead to: disney will see that its popular and then expand/way overdue it until its ridiculously expensive and overly infringes on the opportunities for guests to have any unique experiences without paying an extra fee.