WDW in Nov... Can't Wait!!

I just booked myself a ticket for the Destination D event at the Contemporary! My husband and I really wanted to go to WDW for our honeymoon but just couldn't afford it. Now that I'm teaching full time and he's working full time, we can! Anyways, our tentative dates are Nov 20 - Nov 27, with Destination D in the middle on the 22 & 23. My husband isn't at all interested in D23 so he is planning to wander around Downtown Disney and the Resorts/sleep in/work on his laptop while I'm at the event.

We are planning to stay at the All Stars, but I'm wondering how far that is from the Contemporary? Is it possible to take a bus or other mode of transport from All Stars to Contemporary? We are trying to avoid renting a car so I'm looking for alternate modes of transportation.

How are the crowds in the parks the week before Thanksgiving? We are planning on flying in Thursday Nov 20, spending the 21st at the Magic Kingdom, and the M/T/W before Thanksgiving in the other three parks. We will fly back home on Thanksgiving Day. I'm thinking also about purchasing a convention-only twilight ticket so my husband can go into one of the parks with me after Destination D for dinner and fireworks or something. If it's crowded the days we are there, it might be worth it so we can squeeze in a few rides we would otherwise not have time for.

Also, we are Disneyland natives. I had a pass for almost 20 years before picking up a night job there, and my husband and I go 2-3 times a month. We're wondering what are some "must-do" attractions/restaurants/entertainment at the parks? We definitely have the Electrical Parade on our hit list, but looking for other must-dos. We are not interested in character dining or some of the attractions we have here - Captain EO, Soarin', Turtle Talk, or others that are exact replicas. Of course we will do POTC and HM and things like that. I went to WDW 14 years ago and my husband has never been!

Thank you in advance for advice!!

Re: WDW in Nov... Can't Wait!!

We have stayed at the All Stars before. What you want to do is catch a bus to the Magic Kingdom from the All Stars and then from the Magic Kingdom catch the monorail over to the Contemporary.

1)I recommend Be our Guest restaurant for lunch. You want to be in line around 10 or 1030am to get in. There are three rooms to dine in and each one has something special inside. The food is excellent. Try the grey stuff. lol!

2)The new Seven Dwarves mine train ride will be open in the Magic Kingdom.

3)Our Space Mountain is a little different from Disneyland's so I have been told.

4)Ride Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom. It is one of my favs.

5)It is a bit pricey but the Polynesian Luau is amazing. Love the food. It is sooo good and I love to watch one of the dancers dance with and eat fire.

6)Our Tower of Tower is different from California's and Aerosmith Rocking Rollercoaster is awesome too at Hollywood Studios.

7)Indiana Jones Stunt Show your husband will love also at Hollywood Studios.

Hope some of these ideas helps.

We go usually now the first two weeks of November and it isn't crowded. Some visits it has been nice weather like 70 and 80's and other times it got very cold to 40's and 50's. So we learned to pack both sets of clothes just in case.

Thank you so much! We have planned to hit Be Our Guest for lunch. We really don't want to do full table service because we don't have that much time to spend in the parks, so quick service or partial table service like Be Our Guest is a good option for us. I picked up a couple of guidebooks at the library today but they don't really explain Fastpass+ very well. It seems kind of intimidating with the magic bands and everything. I'm really tempted to stay away from it because it sounds confusing but on the other hand, I don't want to be at a disadvantage due to being unwilling to try it out. Any experience with FP+??

Yeah. We were in the testing phase last November. The magic band was real easy to use. It counts as your ticket and your room key. It also can count as your meal plan if you use Disney dining such as quick service or table service dining. Your fastpasses get loaded onto it as well now as Disney World has done away with paper fast passes which has discouraged my family a bit but what can you do.

There are three ways to make fast passes reservations and there is also a way to change the colors of your magic band if you choose to do so. I hate the ugly grey color. The first way is to go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ and then over to the right at the top go to my Disney experience. You have to already have your reservations made to do this. I believe I could be wrong but I think I read that you can start 90 days from the date of your trip in making fast pass reservations for whichever day of your trip you want.

Second if you don't already have a Disney account you will have to make one for my Disney experience and then it will ask you for your reservation number. The rest is pretty explanatory. It tells you steps to do. There is also a phone number at the bottom to call if you have any questions. When you get to fast pass plus you choose what day, which park you will be in and which 3 rides and times you want to choose.

The second way to make fast pass reservations is on a smart phone with the Disney app but I can't help you there as my family doesn't have those; just the basic cells. It was pretty frustrating when we went last year during this testing phase because we were not alerted and I was told when I booked that my hotel wasn't part of the test only to find out surprise! when we arrived. It was so confusing because mainly they kept pushing us to make reservations for everything on our phones. I kept telling them I don't have a smart phone so they kept directing us to kiosks set up in the parks which you can make your fast passes there too. That is the third way.

Just a word of advice though these kiosks are very crowded and we found most of the rides we wanted were already booked for the day since we couldn't pre book them. That was frustrating as we missed our paper fast passes that we got in the beginning of the day.

Usually we found that we didn't need a fast pass for most of the rides. I think Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios was the longest wait of over an hr. Big Thunder Mt and Space Mt was 20 mins or less. And this was in November. My family found this the best time to visit and so we now take our Disney trips at this time.

Once we got the hang of the magicbands we loved it. I liked having my meals and tickets already paid for so all I had to do was swipe my wrist. But it can get a little confusing for fast pass but I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your help!! I will be booking through the CM reservation site so I'm wondering if we can access FP+ stuff through there. If not I guess I'll just call WDW Travel or something and see what we can do. We already mapped out our top 3 attractions and we will make a plan of attack for each day we're there. I'm getting so excited! It's still a long ways away but it's still exciting! Thank you again

No problem. It is always exciting when you plan for a trip, especially for a Disney one. Waiting is the hard part. LOL! November seems so far away but it will be here before we know it.

• formerly very helpful

Planning your WDW trip is always exciting, but it gets a lot more so once you've made your actual reservations. For me, that's when it truly becomes real that you're going there!

As another Disneyland native, I'd say just make a priority everything that we don't have at Disneyland. However, keep in mind that even the "same" rides are different there. So keep your eyes open and enjoy the differences. As someone who was very familiar with Disneyland, it was a treat to be in a Disney theme park and NOT know what was around the next corner. Enjoy that feeling.

For me, one must do is the People Mover, since I miss ours so much.

Don't forget to post many, many photos here.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Planning your WDW trip is always exciting, but it gets a lot more so once you've made your actual reservations. For me, that's when it truly becomes real that you're going there!

As another Disneyland native, I'd say just make a priority everything that we don't have at Disneyland. However, keep in mind that even the "same" rides are different there. So keep your eyes open and enjoy the differences. As someone who was very familiar with Disneyland, it was a treat to be in a Disney theme park and NOT know what was around the next corner. Enjoy that feeling.

For me, one must do is the People Mover, since I miss ours so much.

Don't forget to post many, many photos here.

We booked our hotel this week!! We'll be staying at All-Star Sports for a week right before Thanksgiving. I was a little iffy about the All Stars but one of my managers has stayed there and said she likes All Stars better than the other on-property resorts she's stayed at, just due to the more efficient transportation. So that's definitely a plus!

I'm so excited for the PeopleMover! I remember it fondly at DL but my husband doesn't remember it at all... he's a take it easy kinda guy and isn't into things that are overly Disney. I think he will love the slow, relaxing pace of that ride.

I'm definitely taking my camera with me, and I'm about to buy a new lens too so there will be tons of pics.

Another question for anybody who can answer.. do we absolutely HAVE to make dining reservations?? We are trying to do as many quick service as we can just because we don't want to spend a lot of time waiting around in a restaurant. The only place we want to do table service is at the 50s Sci-Fi restaurant in DHS. Not sure we need reservations for that?

For quick service you don't need a reservation. However Sci-fi is a table restaurant and you need to make a reservation for it. Any sit down restaurants you need a reservation or you will not get in. You can start making a dining reservation for a day of your trip 180 days from your trip.