Disney Memory Maker Package

My wife and I will be celebrating our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary at Walt Disney World. I purchased a Disney Vacation Package through Costco and was wondering about the Disney Memory Maker Package. On the Walt Disney World Site it indicates that I can purchase the Memory Maker Package in advance for $149.00.

The site indicates the following:
    Imagine having your magical vacation moments captured—with everyone in the picture! With Memory Maker*:

• You get all the photos of everyone in your travel party taken by our Disney PhotoPass photographers at hundreds of locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
    • Whether you pose in front of Cinderella Castle, share a hug with Mickey, or let us capture your fun family moments throughout the theme parks, all those great shots are yours.
    • Even attraction photos are included, like that amazing shot of your plummet down Splash Mountain!
    • Forget about having to purchase each photo individually, because you get digital copies of all of them to download and share with family and friends.**

If I interpret the information correctly, for $149.00, all of the photographs that are taken by any of the Disney PhotoPass Photographers along with any attraction photos (as long as I go up to the Photo counter at each attraction and request that they place it on my Memory Maker account) are placed online for me to then download to my computer for my own use with no watermarks. Is that correct?

Has anyone used this service before? Any thoughts? Are there any restrictions on the digital copies (i.e. can I download them and take them to my local photo shop to have prints made)? Anyone know at what resolution the digital copies are saved to?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Disney Memory Maker Package

I've been reading up on this, as it a new version of their old photo pass account. I have only purchased the photopass cd at Disneyland, and the quality of the Cameras they use is very high. It used several of the photos for a calendar that I purchase online, and they were enlarged to about 8" x 10", and they turned out great. (noticably better than my Cannon Power Shot SX200, which does good photos, for a point and shoot camera)

With the new WDW Photo Pass Package, you need to order it online, at least a few days (I don't recall the exact number of days) Prior to your first photos in order to get the $149.00 discounted price (yes the regular price is higher0

Yes you do have access to all the photo pass photos taken of you (your group, if you have the them linked together on your vacation package at "mydisneyexperience.com" And you have acces to the photos online, as soon at the photographer uploads their photos to the system.

Yes, attraction photos are included with this particular package, Some tests have been showing some guests with magic bands (the plastic ticket/handucuff) will sync up to link your photos on attractions automatically, but not sure if that is working for everyone, as it's in a test mode now. To be sure, you may want to go to the photo booth after each of those attractions to have your photo linked to your account.

Yes, for the price you are allowed unlimited downloads of the photopass photos, and any of the "MAGIC PHOTOS" you had taken by the photopass people for up to 30 days, (you can pay to have that time extended another 10 or is it 15 days) And yes, it does include rights to print those photos without any watermark. very similar to what the previous package did.

HOWEVER THIS DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE PHOTOPASS CD, THAT CAME WITH THE PREVIOUS PACKAGE. THIS A MAJOR DIFFERENCE WITH THIS NEW SYSTEM, and DEFINITELY A DOWNFALL OF THIS PACKAGE. YOU'RE PAYING CONSIDERABLE MORE FOR THE new package than you did for the old package THAT INCLUDED THE PHOTO CD. If you want a photo CD, you have to shell out another $30 for that! Excuse me, but for $150.00 THAT SHOULD INCLUDE A PHOTO CD! Oh, if you don't prepurchase the package, the cost to buy the same package at WDW goes up to $199! Yikes! (and that is STILL without a PHOTO CD!)

This also gives you the ability to add special boarders, autographs, to your photos also, and

Aladdin,

Thank you very much. I'm assuming that the old package is no longer available.

Also, once the photographs are downloaded to my computer, is it safe to assume that the photographs won't expire?

Quote Originally Posted by gtpinoy View Post
    Aladdin,

Thank you very much. I'm assuming that the old package is no longer available.

Also, once the photographs are downloaded to my computer, is it safe to assume that the photographs won't expire?
    The photos will delete off the website 45 days after it was taken. But will live on your computer until you delete it. Also with attraction photos it could take up to 48 hours for it to show up on your photo pass account after they scan your card.