• formerly very helpful

Ideal WDW from what's already been or is?

Here's a new twist on an old game. What is your ideal Walt Disney World? However, for the purposes of this game, no making stuff up. You can use anything that's been at the resort between your first and most recent visits. We can assume that anything could fit in the parks so you don't have to worry about e size of attractions.

my first visit was 1988. My most recent visit was 2006.

Magic Kingdom:
    Main Street: would be about the same. Hasn't changed much, anyway.
    Liberty Square: I like that they iodate with the most recent president. Liberty Tree Tavern would be without character meals. Haunted Mansion would not have the interactive queue, but mostly because it wasn't there when I was there last.
    Adventureland: there would be no Aladdin area, and Tiki Room would be the pre-New Management version. POTC would be without any of the movie references.
    Frontierland: I'm basically okay with it as it is.
    Fantasyland: they'd have Mickeys Philharmagic, and Winnie the Pooh, but there would also be Mr. toad. I won't mention the new additions since they came well after my 2006 trip. Of course, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would be there.
    Tomorrowland: Alien Encounter would still be there. As would The Timekeeper. I like the retro future look, so that would stay. need I even mention that there would still be a Skyway? I suppose I could have mentioned this for Fantasyland, as well.

EPCOT:
    Futureworld: Spaceship Earth would have Jeremy Irons version. Horizons would still be there, as would Wonders of Life. I actually prefer the Ellen version of Universe of Energy, so that can stay. World of Motion would still be here. Somehow they'd manage to fit Test Track and Mission Space, since I don't really have a problem with them, other than I preferred the original attractions. Obviously he original Journey Into Imagination would be there. No room for the current monstrosity. In The Land, there are still guides in Listen to the Land (yes, that title, with at music featured.) Kitchen Caberet. I don't think there's any need for Soaring. Let that be unique to DCA. The Living Seas would have hydrolators, and Sea Cabs, but No Nemo!

I will continue more of my ideas later. Let's hear yours.

• Tomorrow's Child

Re: Ideal WDW from what's already been or is?

Great idea!

Have to say I agree pretty much with all of your EPCOT. Well save for Jeremy Irons, I'd rather have Walter Cronkite.

When you think of it, it'd be an even better park with all those attractions still open, along with the newer ones.

Perhaps the only other thing I'd change is Wonders of Life making way for either Mission:Space or Test Track.

I guess I'll take a pop at DHS.

Hollywood Blvd.
    No more Hat - that ones a given I guess.
    Nothing else really needs changing, perhaps a return of Sorcery in the Sky now and again.

Animation Courtyard/Mickey Ave.
    Far fetched and impossible, but it'd have to have the original animation tour.

Backlot Tour
    Not the hours long trek of the past, but neither the abridged version of today. Also a return of Residential St. (see below).

Voyage of The Little Mermaid
    Tough one this, its sort of a Studios institution but now there's a dark ride, does it need to stay?

Disney Jr. returns to the old 'Broadway Shows' theatre.

Pixar Place
    Not been since its construction but I guess it can stay.

Sunset Blvd.
    Stays the same, but maybe bringing back the Hollywood Bowl stage for some other live performances.

Echo Lake
    Buh-bye Idol...

..welcome back Superstar TV.

Streets of America
    Yeah its dated, but Residential Street should still be there. I guess Moteurs can stay though.

Surprisingly from that list, there's not a great deal that's changed in the park or needs to come back..

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

Sounds fun I'll give it a try, my first trip was 1992 my latest trip will be in 10 days , anything not discussed stays as it is currently.

Magic Kingdom

Main street: Bring back the theatre and the penny arcade, still keep the meet and greet though, just have it expanded around the back into that open pad. also don't close down the side street and leave it be as a placeholder until an expansion can be made there, include the castle hub changes currently going on now.

Adventureland: Bring back the new management tiki room, no flying carpets but keep the bazar and the aladdin meeting, and bring back the jungle river boats instead of the pirates interactive game. also the sunshine tree terrace reopens

Frontierland: Bring back the entertainment at the diamond horseshoe and the frontierland stunt show, tom sawyer island is fully operational again, the original country bears show, and the mike fink keel boats.

Liberty Square: outside of the no character meals at liberty tree everything remains the same here.

Fantasyland: New fantasyland and dumbo's circus are both included, everything else stays the same except for the removal of the tomorrowland speedway in part to make room for bringing back mr. toad's wild ride.

Tomorrowland: Timekeeper replaces the laugh floor, one of the theaters on the opposite side runs alien encounter while the other keeps stitch making a family friendly version and a more intense version of a similar attraction like the orange and green distinctions on mission space, again the speedway is gone opening a huge expansion pad for a significant future project, and reopen the terrace.

Epcot

Future world: kitchen cabaret returns in the lion king theatre upstairs, walter cronkite is the voice of spaceship earth, the original Journey into imagination and honey i shrunk the audience are in the imagination pavilion along with the old image works, wonders of life returns in full, horizons stands in place of the odyssey centre, a combination of the top communicore exhibits are all involved in that area with the character spot meet and greet still remaining, the seas goes back to the original seabase alpha theme with only turtle talk with crush remaining, other then that its all the same.

World Showcase: everything is as it is today

DHS:

everything stays the same except for idol switching back to superstar TV and nothing changes at AK.

• formerly very helpful

For World Showcase, it could be the same as today, except there would be El Rio del Tiempo,and the original oh, Canada. I'd also bring back the omnibus as transportation, since it is a lot of walking for some people.

As Hathaway Brown said, the hat has to go from the Studios. I wouldn't mind it somewhere else, so I'd put it outside the park, near the entrance. I agree the sound show should return. I also agree that the tram tour should be expanded, and should include the residential street. I also miss the original animation tour with Robin Williams. At the time that was one of my favorite attractions.

as for the Animal kingdom, it can all stay as is. As much as I'd love for them to build Beastly Kingdom, it's against the rules for this game, so I can't mention it.

one other thing I'll mention would be bringing back Pleasure Island, including the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse. I don't mind Down Town Disney, but I really liked the calm intimacy of the old shopping village.

and while I'm at it, I'd rename Port Orleans Riverside to Dixie Landings.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    For World Showcase, it could be the same as today, except there would be El Rio del Tiempo,and the original oh, Canada. I'd also bring back the omnibus as transportation, since it is a lot of walking for some people.

As Hathaway Brown said, the hat has to go from the Studios. I wouldn't mind it somewhere else, so I'd put it outside the park, near the entrance. I agree the sound show should return. I also agree that the tram tour should be expanded, and should include the residential street. I also miss the original animation tour with Robin Williams. At the time that was one of my favorite attractions.

as for the Animal kingdom, it can all stay as is. As much as I'd love for them to build Beastly Kingdom, it's against the rules for this game, so I can't mention it.

one other thing I'll mention would be bringing back Pleasure Island, including the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse. I don't mind Down Town Disney, but I really liked the calm intimacy of the old shopping village.

really? I love the new Oh Canada and thats coming from a canadian lol. also i was going to include pleasure island but I think disney springs when completed is going to be way better then anything pleasure island ever was. regarding the orleans area I like changing riverside back to dixie landings and then naming the other resort either french quarter or port orleans.

• formerly very helpful

In all fairness, I haven't seen the new Canada show. But I really liked the original, and loved the music.
    as for the new entertainment area, since it wasn't built at the time of my last trip, (or even now for that matter) I'm not allowed to use it. I do hope it's as good as you say it will be!

• Tomorrow's Child

I completely agree with all of that!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

This thread hasn't gotten a lot of activity, so here's more from me.

i was recently thinking about how wonderful Discovery Island was. I only made it there once, but it was such a wonderful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the parks. It was like you were in your own world far removed from everything. So I would definitely include this in my ideal Walt Disney World.

and for that matter, I never went in (except one quick look around) but I'd also have River Country up and running. The slower paced water park would be a nice change from Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

• Minion

This thread hasn't gotten a lot of activity, so here's more from me.

i was recently thinking about how wonderful Discovery Island was. I only made it there once, but it was such a wonderful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the parks. It was like you were in your own world far removed from everything. So I would definitely include this in my ideal Walt Disney World.

and for that matter, I never went in (except one quick look around) but I'd also have River Country up and running. The slower paced water park would be a nice change from Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

i was going to include discovery island but I would only want it back as something else as now basically everything it was is now Animal Kingdom essentially. as for river country there is now legislation that states water parks can't use natural bodies of water so a return there is officially out of the question.

• formerly very helpful

Even though there's Animal Kingdom, I liked the intimacy of Discovery Island. As for River Country, I know it's not coming back - or any of these, really - but it's just for fantasizing what if.

• Minion

Even though there's Animal Kingdom, I liked the intimacy of Discovery Island. As for River Country, I know it's not coming back - or any of these, really - but it's just for fantasizing what if.
    Agreed on discovery island, hopefully they find a use for it today. i just think that as the parks expand they will need to find some sort of way to limit entrance to keep from over crowding. probably either make it some sort of private experience or maybe an exclusive DVC hotel. Regarding river country even still I wouldn't be that big of a fan. I mean great if they did but it just doesn't stack up to the other waterparks. there would have to be substatial changes made for it to be worth my time and money to head out there. i barely get to the water parks now as it is.

Hollywood Studios
    -original Backlot Tour
    -remove sorcerer hat

Dowtown Disney
    -bring back the REAL Pleasure Island with bars and clubs!!!