Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Transportation

Hello - everyone here has been most helpful in helping with any queries we have had in our first ever trip to Walt Disney World at the end of this year from New Zealand. What I was trying to find out now is how to get to Trials End Restaurant buffet for dinner from Pop, or if easier from one of the parks. Anyone's advice here would be most appreciated.

Re: Disney Transportation

If you're staying at Pop Century (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "Pop"), I say take a bus to Magic Kingdom, from there you can take a boat across the lake to Fort Wilderness which is where the restaurant is.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    If you're staying at Pop Century (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "Pop"), I say take a bus to Magic Kingdom, from there you can take a boat across the lake to Fort Wilderness which is where the restaurant is.
    This. Definitely this. But Trails End is at the Wilderness Lodge, not Fort Wilderness. But the plan is the same. Take the bug to Magic Kingdom, then a boat to Wilderness Lodge. Just be sure to give yourself plenty of time to travel so you're not late.

Many thanks for your help. Do you know if it is a short walk from the boat ramp to the restaurant, say 10 - 15 minutes?

• Under that tree again!

Trails End, is positively at Fort Wilderness.

Fort Wilderness facilities are fairly compact. 10 minutes walking. If you are familiar with the POP Resort, your room to the buses could be farther there than the dock to restaurant.

Also note. As you must transfer at a park, MK will be fun because of the boat leg. But MK must be open for transportation to and from. So if you finish late and MK is closed you may need to take a bus to a different park that is open later. If worse comes to worse, DTD has very late hours, but the bus rides take longer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It would be a lot faster and easier to just take a taxi from Pop Century. Mears estimates the fare as $14.62 and it'll take you about 15 minutes. A bus and boat will take at least 30 minutes if you're very lucky and more likely to take around an hour.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It takes lots of planning to coordinate meals with parks, resorts, and transportation. Since you have a dinner reservation, if it was me, I'd plan to spend time in Magic Kingdom prior to that dinner. Allowing yourself enough time to take the boat across the Seven Seas Lagoon to your designation.

Wow thank you everybody for all your help and advice. It certainly does take a lot of organising and the size of the place is sounding huge to us. Thank you all once again

• formerly very helpful

I agree with Barbaraan. Be sure to give yourself more than enough time to get there. If you get there early, it's a wonderful place to explore. That's a big part of the fun of WDW.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The 180 day window for Dining ADR's seems a bit extreme to me. A family/group/person who is going to make a lot of ADR's, really needs to decide their park itinerary first. Then they can make some wiser choices as to where they want to dine. It really doesn't make too much sense, for instance to eat at Chef Mickey's for dinner, if someone is planning to spend the day at DHS. That creates more havoc than necessary.

I am visiting WDW in August, and I have made a few ADR's based on where I am going to be. I might add a few more, or not, but transportation/traveling definitely has a huge factor in selecting dining choices.

A WDW vacation should be fun and relaxing, and rushing around unnecessarily can spoil one's day. In some cases, traveling to a dining location can be just as fun, as the dining experience itself. I remember the year we attended Mickey's Backyard BBQ. It was a whole lot of fun riding the boat over, and exploring before the event started.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-24-2014 at 08:02 AM.

I forgot to mention to give yourself plenty of time like everyone else said, but yes, do that if you plan to do it at a certain time. Also, I checked where the restaurant is and it is at Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge.

Waiting for the bus and also taking the boat takes time (unless you catch them right before they leave). It will take time to also travel, but honestly, when I go into the Disney area I do a lot of hopping from place to place. While it may take a little bit of time to wait and also travel, I enjoy the journey, especially when taking the boat.

Also, the walk from the boat to the restaurant is much shorter (in my opinion) than the walk from your room (at Pop) to where the buses are. However, technically that depends on where your room is. For me, it seems as if whenever I go there it's a long walk to the room from the bus.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Trails End, is positively at Fort Wilderness.
    Whoops I got it mixed up with Whispering Canyon. My bad.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Whoops I got it mixed up with Whispering Canyon. My bad.
    Don't worry, it happens. With the huge number of resorts and dining locations, it's easy to mix things up.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The 180 day window for Dining ADR's seems a bit extreme to me. A family/group/person who is going to make a lot of ADR's, really needs to decide their park itinerary first. Then they can make some wiser choices as to where they want to dine. It really doesn't make too much sense, for instance to eat at Chef Mickey's for dinner, if someone is planning to spend the day at DHS. That creates more havoc than necessary.

I am visiting WDW in August, and I have made a few ADR's based on where I am going to be. I might add a few more, or not, but transportation/traveling definitely has a huge factor in selecting dining choices.

A WDW vacation should be fun and relaxing, and rushing around unnecessarily can spoil one's day. In some cases, traveling to a dining location can be just as fun, as the dining experience itself. I remember the year we attended Mickey's Backyard BBQ. It was a whole lot of fun riding the boat over, and exploring before the event started.
    Well said!

• Under that tree again!

180 days is something to consider for this OP. At the end of the year can mean the busiest time of year. That can mean 60 minute walk up waits got sit down meals, 30 minutes for counter service and 10 minute for a popcorn or ice cream bar. ADRs can save a lot of time, and time is precious when it's busy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast