The Return of "Disney's"

While it certainly is not everywhere, I was looking at my Disney World brochures and noticed that we visited Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios (vs. the previous change to "Disney"). A victory for grammar and Mr. Disney fans alike!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

re: The Return of "Disney's"

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    While it certainly is not everywhere, I was looking at my Disney World brochures and noticed that we visited Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios (vs. the previous change to "Disney"). A victory for grammar and Mr. Disney fans alike!

While Disney's California Adventure did become Disney California Adventure, the names of DAK and DHS have not changed. It was Disney-MGM Studio (with no possessive s) and named changed to Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2008. It has always been Disney's Animal Kingdom. There was talk of changing the name of the resorts from "Disney's" to "Disney", but I have not heard any news of that recently, nor have I seen any hints of progress towards that happening. They are still Disney's Grand Floridian Beach Resort and Spa, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's.... etc etc...

I do agree, Disney's is much better then Disney.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Re: The Return of "Disney's"

While we're on the subject of fixing dumb names can we change Disney's Epcot Park back to EPCOT Center and Disney's Magic Kingdom Park back to The Magic Kingdom? I think people will be able to figure out who the parks belong to and that they are parks even if you don't put both words in the name.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Wish Granted. There is no "Disney's" for The Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Not on the road signs, the park maps, the web sites, and the Park themselves. The official names of the US parks are:
    Disneyland
    Disney California Adventure
    The Magic Kingdom
    Epcot
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Disney's Animal Kingdom.

• Metro-Retro Historian

According to the website it's:
    Magic Kingdom Park
    Epcot
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Thanks Dapper Dan. Good find but It depends on where you go within the website, but yes, I did leave off the "park". I was just trying to illustrate that its not "Disney's" when it comes to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

FYI you go to Disneyworld.com, and click directly on Parks and Tickets, you will see that names without the word "Park" attached (which I prefer but isn't the hill to die on for me). If you click on MyDisneyExperience, that is where you will see "Park" attached.