Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry!!

Sorry I didn't mean to post that twice!!
    Megan

I don't consider the California Grill pricey for the quality of food you get, moderate maybe. But I also don't think it's a place for kids (even though you see plenty of them there). Unless the kids are older and used to fine dining, it's really a waste to bring them, not to mention the fact they are often disturbing to other guests (boy, did I set myself up with that true statement).

Cape May Cafe is good, and a better choice for kids.

Now you sure you're staying at the Poly? ;-)

OK, yah I was really looking for a place more oriented to younger kids since I have a 8 month old 2, 3, & 5 and year old. I know how annoying it is to eat at a nice restaurant and be bothered by little kids running around. Trust me with four little ones it's hard to have peace and quiet. So, Cape May Cafe looks good. Now I have another question about the Polynesian, it's peaceful and relaxing right,? but is it kid oriented?!?!?
    Megan

Yes ... the Poly is definitely a great place for kids. They'll love the new volcano-themed pool with water slide as well as the sandy beach.

'Ohana at the Polynesian is a wonderful restaurant and the food is fantastic. Boma at The Animal Kingdom Lodge is also wonderful. Another well kept secret for great food (and a great price) is the buffet at the Fort Wilderness Campground.

If it is buffets you're into then stay away from 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian, too many kids due to teh Cinderella dinner or the Mary Poppins breakfast. seems everyone drags their kids there to have dinner with Cinderella. The food may be good, but too many kids.

You'll also encounter some of the most evil and rudest guests at the Grand Floridian. Must be where the real villians stay. I guess though if you have money to stay there it gives you the right to be treat the hotel staff like garbage.

• Minion

For more info on the Polynesian http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    ^^^the above site is GREAT for Poly info!! The best!

We did Chef Mickey's with our boys and they LOVED IT. They were 4 1/2 and almost 9 at the time and they had such a blast. The food was good and it was just really really fun.

My boys also really really enjoyed the Liberty Tree Tavern(such good food!!!!)and the Sci-Fi. If you're looking for a dinner character meal try Liberty Tree Tavern it really was wonderful.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Been there-Doing it again

I love the Poly. One big bonus as far as the kids are concerned is that it's a very quick monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom. You can get back to the room if you need to or get back to the park. With your kid's ages I can see that as a major plus.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sters
    For more info on the Polynesian http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/
    Hey wow! What a great link!! I've been enamored with the Polynesian since I had the good fortune to stay there last Fall. I'd been booked at the Contemporary but was moved to the Polynesian due to some storm damage to the garden wings there.

I found myself hanging out at this resort more than I have at any other I've stayed at while at WDW. It has a very leisurely vibe to it and the theming walks a fine line between elegance and cheese. I really enjoyed sitting on the beach at night looking across the lagoon at MK and Contemporary (and to this city boy the stars in the sky were incredible!) and strolling the grounds.

Thanks so much for posting the link...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12