• Mickey icecream sammiches

video of new dwarfs animatronic

Pretty incredible what the new technology and collaborations across departments can do now. This should be really awesome to see live on the ride.

Imagineers Bring Full 3D Audio-Animatronics to Life at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train | Walt Disney World - YouTube

• film975

Re: video of new dwarfs animatronic

Yep. These figures are really impressive. The previous video of them the DisneyParks blog released was just a little tease. In this one, you get a closer and longer look at the dwarfs. And they look incredible.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Does anyone else think the projections on the faces look too bright? Real faces don't light up. I also don't get why they are saying this is the first time they used this technology. Lumiere, Sebastian, the cars on Radiator Springs Racers all use this. Heck, even Buzz Lightyear uses a similar effect. What exactly can these projected faces do that an animatronic face can't, besides save money?

Also the seams where Dopey's ears meet his head are visible and look bad.

Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist but if this was my work I wouldn't be excited to show it off.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Does anyone else think the projections on the faces look too bright? Real faces don't light up. I also don't get why they are saying this is the first time they used this technology. Lumiere, Sebastian, the cars on Radiator Springs Racers all use this. Heck, even Buzz Lightyear uses a similar effect. What exactly can these projected faces do that an animatronic face can't, besides save money?

Also the seams where Dopey's ears meet his head are visible and look bad.

Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist but if this was my work I wouldn't be excited to show it off.
    I have seen a number of people comment on the brightness of the faces, but I think this is going to be one of those things that hard to judge until you actually see it in person under proper show lighting conditions.

• Here we goooooo!

These look phenomenal. Wasn't too 'on board' with the lit-up faces, but as I see them in their environment, especially Doc and Grumpy, these are going to be amazing to see. They look like they stepped right out of the film. Dopey....eh, not so much. He looks like a haunted mansion pop-up ghost, with his robe on a stick. But Doc.....WOW. And the shadows marching up and out of the mine, as we ride along side? Can't wait. The music from this film is the earliest Disney music I remember from childhood. Pure magic.

• Here we goooooo!

Completely agree. This video does a much better job than the previous one, of showing how true-to-film these will move and look.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Quote Originally Posted by danlb_2000 View Post
    I have seen a number of people comment on the brightness of the faces, but I think this is going to be one of those things that hard to judge until you actually see it in person under proper show lighting conditions.
    I agree, I have a feeling they'll look better on the actual ride.

• Heavy Breather

They look "most impressive". I think under the right show lighting the faces will look fine. I have to agree with everyone else on Dopey however, he would make a great addition to the Haunted Mansion