Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Seven Dwarfs Ride Through

And your previous post was spot on (great analogies by the way!)
    Thank you very much analogies are my thing .

So to just to finish my analogy, as Pizzapants said, we, Disney fans, are not even a sliver of Disney's target demographic.

So we stand there, feeling we are not longer special. Maybe we and our significant other (Disney) are just going in different directions in our lives. Maybe we were expecting too much because we live in the past and can not realize that as time passes, flowers and love notes (E-tickets) become the casual "like" on our Facebook stuff (C tickets) and a casual quick reheated meal left in the oven (meet and greets). The cuddling (varied unique merchandise) became a casual smirk (disney parks merchandise everywhere). Maybe we grew too mature for this relationship, or maybe our partner just wanted someone younger (children), or perhaps found in someone else (casual tourists) something we didn't provide (being there without questioning or complaining). Maybe our partner's cooking is no longer to our taste because we are not comfortable with eating frog legs (Avatarland), or maybe our partner is just too focused on his career (increasing profits at any cost).

And we just deny that it is no longer the same, we can't fathom that it could be over. But sometimes after work we stop at the other restaurant we casually visited but mostly overlooked (universal), and we realize that they have developed their own amazing recipes, and that they take 1 hour to cook instead of four, and that also they add new items to their menus way more often, and then, while eating in this restaurant, we randomly meet someone, and for once in a long long time, we feel butterflies in our stomach. Could it be love?

Now, I'll adress the 'abrupt ending' in a bit but before I do, I'd actauly like to say a good thing or two of Seven Dwarfs.

1.) Being a Family'Dark'coaster: This is a great example that to appease 2 crowds you have to see what both sides want and don't want. The pure disney fans want AA scenes and a great sense of immersion and Seven Dwarfs feels like a smaller ROTM, not intense and perfect for familes. Not all enclosed but with some great AA scenes *tipping the nod to Scary adventures* and with a few Coaster segments outside, it really works.

2.)The AA's: I from the getcko they released that first video, loved the face projection as it allowed Disney to mix Future Technology and old Technology on the Dwarfs and Critters. Would it be nice for more Animal AA's outside, yes but take into count rains could screw up some of the motion of these AA'S and its a wise choice to have those 2 vultures was a nice touch due to a death. Overall, its a great ammount of work to have a last ride
    put into DisneyWorld and to be honest, one more coaster is fine by me, as long as it has a mix of Dark ride and outdoor segments.

That 'Abrupt' ending..

Ok, I'm fine by people saying smack about this opinion but the Abrupt ending is just fine for me. It is the second ACT of the silly song where the Queen hasn't poisoned her yet and with her being just as a small cameo, its actauly fine and that its a nice choice to have her but I hope her movements don't get screwed by the rain as it can get really bad in orlando but netherless, I'm fine by her being there and the Abrupt ending. Some people might not Like my opinion but hey, its the greatest thing for Themepark fans as we can all have some agreements and disagreements but i'm saying something about crowds on the possible date of Diagon alley *I think its on the day it opened in IOA*. Seven Dwarfs will be a walk-on all that day as even though I think on Seven dwarfs is really good, Never mistake the boy wizzard. Thats my thoughts on that matter of Crowds of SD and Diagon and this concludes my overall thoughts on Seven Dwarf's. If you wana try to fight about it to me, go ahead as its all 'opinion'.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Metro-Retro Historian

It's a cute ride. The mine scene should be really nice once they get all the audio synced. The witch at the end does seem a bit out of place. If this is just a ride about the dwarfs and their mine (which I think is a great idea) tying it into the larger Snow White story, and with a cliffhanger no less, seems a bit superfluous.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

Cute, but doesn't live up to the hype or to the construction schedule.

And to anyone who says this wasn't mega-hyped by Disney, all I can say is that they must have been living in caves themselves for the past year or so.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post

And to anyone who says this wasn't mega-hyped by Disney, all I can say is that they must have been living in caves themselves for the past year or so.
    Since when does 'continual coverage' = hype? Hype would be building it up to be something beyond what it is.. Covering something with teasers or news is not hype. They were building it for like 3 years.. of course there is going to be many things sprawled across the Disney Blog as they cover that much time.

"I read 10 different stories" is not hype. They didn't pump the same things over and over.. they didn't over promise.. they didn't mislead in what it was going to be.

Fans 'hyped' it in their heads because it's been talked about for so long.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

^ This.

They've been working on an interstate interchange near Charlotte for over three years that has made my commute pretty miserable. And they don't cover up their work behind fancy walls or try to otherwise "plus" my workaday drive to make it any more enjoyable. Nope, they have many hundreds of people working on it day and night and don't think twice about closing lanes or dropping construction materials in the roadway.

When I think about Dwarfs, I am intrigued at how they undertook such an intensive project on what amounts to be an island, smack dab in the center of a bustling tourist destination. Aside from the constant forum agonizing over their schedule and speculation over what would come of all of it, I haven't seen any material from Disney that overstated what the project was going to deliver.

That they kept so much of the park functional during construction is remarkable, really.
    ~ Erik

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am hoping to ride the ride during my trip, and of course, I will be standing there forever and ever taking as many pictures as I can from all angles. My grandson's mom is a big fan of Grumpy. She'd definitely want to ride the ride. Kiddie Coaster, or not.

As for the construction walls. I don't like them, but I certainly understand the need for them. It's certainly better than having the place shut down until it's all finished. Imagine how much money they would lose by doing things that way.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Nutty about Disney parks

I personally felt that New Fantasyland as a whole was pretty over-hyped for what it was.

On a related note, the interactive queue seems pretty cool. I kinda like better than Haunted Mansion's.

Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I'm finding it kinda perplexing that anyone could get overhyped when I thought they did a very good job explaining exactly what this ride would be at the time it was announced. I even remember from all the way back when it was announced everyone complaining that this wouldn't be a Potter Swatter or whatever and I figured after a while everyone sort of accepted the reality of what this was. I think it's honestly a very impressive ride for the scope they were going for and that it's story fits with the setting and timing they wanted it to take place in.

The fandom is really upset probably from lack of development and I suppose I get it. The thing is if your going to remain and exclusive Disney nerd you will have to suck it up or be dissapointed at least for the forseeable future. Disney CAN best Universal but they're not terribly interested in it for whatever reason. I love Disney parks and my memories in them but I've personally kinda burnt out on them as of late and will take a hiatus until I think there's enough new things to warrent another extended visit which with the ever increasing prices is the only way I can economically visit ANY disney resort now.

If your looking for big splashy new rides Universal is were it's at. They're the ones with the passion and funding for it and if you don't like what they're serving then I guess you'll have to resign yourself to waiting ten years or however else or simply being happy with whatever small thing your given. I really like all these updates and improvements they're making for the parks now. I do wish there was more but if they keep this pace I'll have an excellent trip sometime in the future I think.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    On a related note, the interactive queue seems pretty cool. I kinda like better than Haunted Mansion's.
    My favorite part is the musical fountain. I love it! Something both adults and kids can enjoy and it just has a lovely old school Disney feel to it.

• Minion

grrr seeing this makes me pretty mad at their construction time table. was there on may 2nd and of course had to ask if they were doing any ride previews, tests or small openings to which i was simply given the it will be open end of may by one of the copious cast members at the front of the attraction. came back 20 minutes later and there are people on the ride...... my one bad cast member experience of the trip.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    came back 20 minutes later and there are people on the ride...... my one bad cast member experience of the trip.
    The ride has yet to be open to any guests. The May 2-4th was a WDW media event - not soft openings. And this week they are starting CM previews.

The CM didn't lie to you or mislead you - as a guest you did not have any chance of riding, nor have you yet.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• "What is thy bidding?"

This attraction fills the void of MK not having a Matterhorn to a point.

Hopefully a smoother ride. There are nice visual sight lines of the attraction all around Fantasyland. Nice details all around, yes a second dark scene would have made this a super duper go to attraction. It's not bad.

• Just this guy......

I would disagree with your idea of hype. The coaster looks to be exactly what Disney said and every post that I saw described it as: A family coaster with a dark ride section. I never saw anything that make me think that it was going to be anything more than that.

As for construction schedule, these things always seem to take longer than you would think.

After seeing bits and pieces sticking out behind construction walls on my last two years of visits, I am excited actually to finally be able to ride it on my November trip.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast