Here is a video that didn't edit out the final scenes, lift hill, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0wJar2XF2U
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: Seven Dwarfs Ride Through

What a hot mess of a ride, I cant believe this took years to build. The dwarf scene is cute alright, however I have no idea why the Imagineers claim the dwarves are cutting edge technology when way back in the early 2000's they created the Buzz Lightyear AA for the Space Ranger Spin queue that is virtually the same. Also I seriously believed that the scene with the cottage and the witch was going to lead to a second portion of dark ride, NOT the end!!! Why didnt they use the Spring Racers model of super long and amazing dark ride with a boost of thrill in the end (70% dark ride, 30% thrill) and not an underwhelming 85% kiddy coaster, 15% darkride.

• Minion

Yeah, it's not the best ride ever and the Cottage scene at the end feels very last minute and cheaply done. They even used the old dwarf animatronics from the old Snow White ride which look horribly out of date (well, they were made in the 70's I think), then when compared with the new dwarf animatronics seen in the mine section of the ride, it just makes them look even worse. While it isn't a terrible ride, I can't ever see it becoming a Disney classic.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlchuck View Post
    What a hot mess of a ride, I cant believe this took years to build. The dwarf scene is cute alright, however I have no idea why the Imagineers claim the dwarves are cutting edge technology when way back in the early 2000's they created the Buzz Lightyear AA for the Space Ranger Spin queue that is virtually the same. Also I seriously believed that the scene with the cottage and the witch was going to lead to a second portion of dark ride, NOT the end!!! Why didnt they use the Spring Racers model of super long and amazing dark ride with a boost of thrill in the end (70% dark ride, 30% thrill) and not an underwhelming 85% kiddy coaster, 15% darkride.
    It would be cool if the ride were longer, but it seems appropriate for what it is. The ride is supposed to be about experiencing the mine and not really a retelling of Snow White. I think you should reconsider your Space Ranger Spin comparison. I know Imaginears who are still bothered by the Buzz in both Spin and Astroblasters because his jetpack is completely the wrong scale due to holding the giant projector used for his face. These new dwarves animatronics seem to be considerably smaller and have no large projector mounts hanging off their backs so I'd guess the technology has been somewhat refined in the last decade or so. This ride is fine honestly, it's biggest problems being that it's one of the only completely new things in a long while and that it seems to fall just slightly short of some sort of extra sequence that would push it up to full Eticket. Scene wise though it almost seems more successful than Hong Kong's Grizzly Gulch.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Yeah, it's not the best ride ever and the Cottage scene at the end feels very last minute and cheaply done. They even used the old dwarf animatronics from the old Snow White ride which look horribly out of date (well, they were made in the 70's I think), then when compared with the new dwarf animatronics seen in the mine section of the ride, it just makes them look even worse. While it isn't a terrible ride, I can't ever see it becoming a Disney classic.
    Are they really from the old ride? I had a hard time telling but the video made them seem relatively animated seeing as they're stored somewhat outside and the view of them seemed somewhat obscured. I wouldn't expect projection Dwarves outside anyways as the outdoor lighting would really screw up how their faces and everything worked. It seemed like decent forshadowing to me.

• Pilot EdForceOne

What a hot mess of a ride, I cant believe this took years to build. The dwarf scene is cute alright, however I have no idea why the Imagineers claim the dwarves are cutting edge technology when way back in the early 2000's they created the Buzz Lightyear AA for the Space Ranger Spin queue that is virtually the same
    Same core concept... but not 'virtually the same'.. unless you want to complain why disney is still bothering with moving mannequins since they did that 50 years ago?

Also I seriously believed that the scene with the cottage and the witch was going to lead to a second portion of dark ride, NOT the end!!! Why didnt they use the Spring Racers model of super long and amazing dark ride with a boost of thrill in the end (70% dark ride, 30% thrill) and not an underwhelming 85% kiddy coaster, 15% darkride.
    So.. you set your own false expectations.. and then are upset Disney didn't meet them? Whose fault is that?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    Are they really from the old ride? I had a hard time telling but the video made them seem relatively animated seeing as they're stored somewhat outside and the view of them seemed somewhat obscured. I wouldn't expect projection Dwarves outside anyways as the outdoor lighting would really screw up how their faces and everything worked. It seemed like decent forshadowing to me.
    Yes they are from the old ride except Dopey and the dwarf under him (Happy maybe?). The cottage is fully enclosed so they are inside.

• Bangarang!

AA's look great, it would have been just as good having them added to the old Snow White dark ride.

And the cottage scene would have probably been better if it was another indoor dark ride portion rather than outside.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Yes they are from the old ride except Dopey and the dwarf under him (Happy maybe?). The cottage is fully enclosed so they are inside.
    the witch is outdoors though at least if I'm seeing it correctly. And the figures are still under outdoor lighting and are in a space somewhat separated from the guests. I'm just doubting projected faces can really work in a scene that gets a decent amount of exposure to natural light.

The ride looks good. Ride is the right length for a small kiddie coaster. Animatronics are pretty smooth, with the projected faces giving the characters a good range of emotions unimaginable on normal AA's before. I think the ride is good as is! And if you over hyped the ride in your mind...you're gonna have a bad time.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• I'm from Canada eh!

I thought it looked great. Longer than expected and with a very cute scene in the middle.

I look forward to checking it out sometime.

•   
    • Minion

I think it looks like a lot of fun.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    the witch is outdoors though at least if I'm seeing it correctly. And the figures are still under outdoor lighting and are in a space somewhat separated from the guests. I'm just doubting projected faces can really work in a scene that gets a decent amount of exposure to natural light.
    The witch and Snow White were also new animatronics. I'm not complaining about the lack of projected faces, just the basic movement even in the new animatronics. To me it looks like they've tried to cover this by only having windows to look through to the cottage scene instead of having it open.

Looks fun to me ! Cant wait until im on it....lol

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast