• Biggest Disney Fan

New Entertainment for Animal Kingdom and Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Upgrade

Harambe Nights announced as new evening entertainment for Disney’s Animal Kingdom with special Lion King performance | Inside the Magic
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  84.8 KB
    "Walt Disney World has announced a new nighttime offering for Disneys Animal Kingdom to debut this summer.

The separately-ticketed event is called Harambe Nights and will take place on Saturdays in the parks new Harambe Theater, the home to the recently relocated Festival of the Lion King show.

It will include special live entertainment, food, and drinks, along with a street party afterward.

The Lion King: Concert in the Wild will include live versions of scenes from the movie with a celebrity narrator and live orchestra."-Insidethemagic

Rivers of Light lagoon show announced for Disney’s Animal Kingdom, bringing nighttime life to Walt DIsney World | Inside the Magic
Views: 619
Size:  92.3 KB
    "Disneys Animal Kingdom theme park will be getting big nighttime entertainment in the form of a show over the parks lake.

The show is called Rivers of Light and will combine live music, floating lanterns, water screens and animal imagery. It will take place on Discovery River, between Discovery Island and Expedition Everest."

Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto announced for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, part of Walt Disney World hotel upgrades | Inside the Magic

Size:  108.9 KB
Size:  99.4 KB
    What do you think about these new Upgrades?

Re: New Entertainment for Animal Kingdom and Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Upgrade

Anything that expands the late day offerings at AK is fantastic. These seem to key nicely off the original AK park theme.
    ~ Erik

• Minion

All sound like great additions to the park. Its incredible its took them this long to do it though.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

The animal kingdom offerings sound like good improvements which will help to round out the park although I'd like to see the nighttime event as part of the regular ticket not a separate event.

The Poly on the other hand makes me sad. Yes trader Sam sounds fun but why take the lobby waterfall out that's the heart of the poly. It was one of the things which made me fall in love with the resort(the other was a long gone mickey and Minnie hula model) without it the lobby just looses its Disneyness and becomes another run of the mill tropical hotel, I just don't understand why anyone would take away such a thing of beauty it makes me so so sad

• Shubisha

Didn't they try the Harambe street party thing a year or two ago and it failed miserably?

• Minion

Can it be? Is Disney finally making a show that is not just a mashup of random Disney movies? Something that might not revolve around Disney movies at all?

The thing about the waterfall at the Poly really sucks, though. Sounds to me like they're too lazy and cheap to keep maintaining it and they're using the remodel as an excuse to get rid of it. Seems like we went through the same thing with the waterfalls at the Disneyland Hotel recently.

• former CM

I wrote what's below after Kevin's article today, and am so narcissistic that I'm repeating it here.

Putting aside what’s being pushed aside, Trader Sam’s will be a perfect fit for the Poly. Trader Sam’s is my second favorite room at the three Disneyland Resort hotels, after the Grand Californian lobby.

No one (including the show’s creators) will really know how cool or uncool the new AK water & light show will be till its first show, and then they’ll be able to improve that.

After Kevin Yee’s description of the AK's rapids ride at night, I want the AP park to be open late for me too. I just hope the animals aren’t too bothered by the new lights the noise. Our kitten hates the sound from a leaf blower.

Although the last 12 or so years weren’t the most inspirational in WDW’s history–and there’s little coming in the next two or so years–it’s possible that Disney is now planing a Star Wars land at the WDW studios park that will dwarf DCA’s Carsland. I wouldn’t bet on it, but I’m a little hopeful.

• former CM

Here's a thread from way back in December of 2012 about what could be improved at WDW with a post from King Eric that I wish Thomas Staggs, Meg Crofton, George Kalogridis & Bob Iger would read:

What at Disney World needs to be improved?

• Minion

That's a horrible shame about the waterfall, no matter how good the lounge will be. It's one of those special WDW things that transports you to another place, and makes a big room into a lovely oasis of calmness and good feelings before, after, or in the middle of an overstimulating day in the parks.

• Under that tree again!

I'm not terribly worried about the new Poly lobby except one thing.

I hope the fountain under the tiki god doesn't cause a clog of people.

I don't like the idea of changing the name to Village from Resort. Sure it has a better themed name. But all the other lodging is called resorts. If they want to better theme the names, we could end up with more villages, taking away from the Poly Village name itself.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• "What is thy bidding?"

About time a World of Color like show is at, or will be at, WDW.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Can I just say, TSGG @ Poly is going to make monorail bar hopping even more amazing!
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog

"You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom