• AuroraFan

Need help with logistics and planning

We are heading to WDW in October. We will be flying in and using Magical Express to the WDW resort we are staying at. Here is my issue, we are only doing 3 days at WDW and want to do 2 days as US. First off, how far is WDW from US. Secondly, we don't want to have to stay at separate hotels, so we want to just stay at the WDW resort. Are there any shuttles or transportation from WDW to US or would we have to rent a car?
    Anyone with experience or suggestions to offer would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Need help with logistics and planning

There are shuttles. You can shop for tickets with transportation included which can be very close to the USH ticket price alone. But that puts you on their schedule.

You can also take a taxi for about $45 round trip. They wait at your WDW resort and the USR gates so they are easy to find.

With two days at Universal I think you may want a car but parking will cost you too. This will allow you some more flexibility if you want some non resort meals or shopping. You may want to try priceline, but also consider the cost to get to the rental location, and possible the airport for when you return the car.

The Universal Hotels are very nice, so you may want to consider just switching hotels. Also staying onsite there has benefits like EMH and Front of the Line passes.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

The Universal Hotels are very nice, so you may want to consider just switching hotels. Also staying onsite there has benefits like EMH and Front of the Line passes.
    Just to note, if you go with Cabana Bay, it includes early entry but not Express Pass.

• #bringevilback

I was looking into options for getting to Universal and I ended up renting a car for the entire week, and it was probably the best thing I could have done. It gave me freedoms to stop for snacks on my way in and then I also used it around WDW and it made getting to the parks quick and easy, and allowed me to visit a few other resorts without working about the buses. Plus, at the end of a very long day, getting to my car and back to the hotel was way better than lining up and getting packed onto a bus with a ton of other tired, sweaty people.

for universal I was able to get there super early (you want to be the first ones through the gates to get to HP fast and avoid extra lines!) and leave when I was done, no waiting for a shuttle (as a solo traveler it was the best deal at $20ish), just on with my day.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    There are shuttles. You can shop for tickets with transportation included which can be very close to the USH ticket price alone. But that puts you on their schedule.

You can also take a taxi for about $45 round trip. They wait at your WDW resort and the USR gates so they are easy to find.

With two days at Universal I think you may want a car but parking will cost you too. This will allow you some more flexibility if you want some non resort meals or shopping. You may want to try priceline, but also consider the cost to get to the rental location, and possible the airport for when you return the car.

The problem with switching hotels though is you will lose your Magical Express back to the airport at the end of your trip.

As far as how to go back and forth I am not an expert.. I have never been to US as members of my family that have gone were not super impressed. I do want to see it someday but not high on my list.

My best guess is a car would be the best option and the cheapest when it is all said and done.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Minion

No you would have to contact a shuttle service to come get you. Here is a link to one: Shuttle Service Orlando, Shuttle Bus Orlando l Mears Transportation | Mears

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    The problem with switching hotels though is you will lose your Magical Express back to the airport at the end of your trip.

As far as how to go back and forth I am not an expert.. I have never been to US as members of my family that have gone were not super impressed. I do want to see it someday but not high on my list.

My best guess is a car would be the best option and the cheapest when it is all said and done.
    If you rent a car away from the airport you can usually drop them off at the airport with no extra charge. We have done it with Alamo, Enterprise and Hertz where we rented from a location away from the airport and then returned it to the airport... and you also avoid the rather steep orlando airport fee that they will hit you with if you rent from the airport locations.