Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Someone wants changes to the COP

I noticed a little item that might be of interest on Carousel of Progress tonight. In the last scene on the tack board above the desk near the mother in the far right side...a note:

Marty called - He wants changes!

For those shaking their heads, it's Marty Sklar.

• Santa Barbara, CA

He's not the only one!!!!!! Was cousin orville still there?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Was cousin orville still there?
    Ok, I'm a little confused. :confused:

I saw CoP back in the 70's & 80's, and I seem to remember there being a Cousin Orville. Then, I go back last year (and last week), and he's called Uncle Orville. No doubt, it's definitely Uncle now. Wazzup? Found one site claiming he changed in 1994. [It also claimed that he used to be Uncle Albert at one time...]

Oh Great Cousin Orville, can you unravel this mystery?
    Last edited by Ward; 03-22-2005 at 07:08 AM.

• Banned User

He was from a certine state in the south... *lookaroun*...

Just poetic things.... when they changed the voals to uncle albert... smeone changed it for some reason.. during the referbish.. when they changed him again... theh compbined the two.. uncle and orville... uncle orville was born....

The ride could use updating.. too bad the tributes to the vocals would change.. the original voice for father passed.... current father passed too i thought...

• I was deleted.

I don't know for sure, but don't change the song! I love that song. It was written for Walt and it fits him and his optimistic attitude. I start singing it in Disneyland's Tomorrowland (sometimes it plays or outside of the park it does) hoping for a "great big beautiful tomorrow" for Disneyland's Tomorrowland. It's so catchy too!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStroller
    I noticed a little item that might be of interest on Carousel of Progress tonight. In the last scene on the tack board above the desk near the mother in the far right side...a note:

Marty called - He wants changes!

For those shaking their heads, it's Marty Sklar.
    I've read about this note in various guide books over the years and the note has been there since the mid-90s overhaul.

Besides, Marty Sklar sold his soul as far as I'm concerned with his letter last year praising Eisner. As one of 'Walt's guys' it reeked of sellling out, so he could keep his figure-head position.

I'd expect to see the CoP removed in 2007 for a Flying Saucer type attraction, and this info. comes from WDI (not that that means anything).

I was thinking they'd just demolish the building a put in a Tilt-a-Whirl

• Banned User

Hmm.. now that i think about it.. doesn't CMs love hiding things on their.. sometimes FPs....

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by dnjmaney
    Ok, I'm a little confused. :confused:

I saw CoP back in the 70's & 80's, and I seem to remember there being a Cousin Orville. Then, I go back last year (and last week), and he's called Uncle Orville. No doubt, it's definitely Uncle now. Wazzup? Found one site claiming he changed in 1994. [It also claimed that he used to be Uncle Albert at one time...]

Oh Great Cousin Orville, can you unravel this mystery?
    As much as I can...The original show had Cousin Orville, a balding male character in a bathtub with a fan and a giant block of ice, reading the paper. Father complained about him being a loafer. I guess the newer scripts changed his name. Kevin Yee is a true expert on this kind of thing, I'm just a nostalgist. I heard someplace that Walt acted this role out himself and thought it was really funny. Very annoying for a Disney show. That's why I picked the name.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• unsupervised
    Just change the line about not having a car phone to not having a cell phone...instant relevance!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by unsupervised
    Just change the line about not having a car phone
    wow.. a special Cell phone for your car.. when will this happen.. must be the future...

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by unsupervised
    Just change the line about not having a car phone to not having a cell phone...instant relevance!
    And Granpa's laserdisc reference to DVD....

He says, "laserdics and high-def TV's". Interesting because laserdiscs were long gone before HDTV became available to consumers.

• WDW Cast Member

Carousel of Progress is one of my favorite attractions ever. The showmanship in this ride is unmatched, even by today's more thrilling attractions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast