View Poll Results: New Animal Kingdom Attractions

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Journey To the Center of the Earth

31 57.41%
  • Rainforest Super Saturater (family coaster)

7 12.96%
  • Savanna Air Patrol (balloon ride over Africa's savanna animals and turf)

9 16.67%
  • Simba's Quest (coaster/flume/dark ride)

12 22.22%
  • Watch Out For That Tree! (George of the Jungle themed flume/coaster/dark ride)

5 9.26%
  • Australia (new land) and/or Turtle Twister (dry for wet dark ride/mad mouse coaster)

17 31.48%
  • Fantasia Gardens (outdoor/indoor musical boatride w/ gardens, topiary, animatronics, effects)

17 31.48%
  • White Witch's Assault (Narnia based dark ride/wild inverted coaster w/loops, corkscrews. etc.)

9 16.67%
  • Enchanted Maze of Aslan (Narnia centered hedge maze, boat ride, animatronics)

7 12.96%
  • A Bugs Land (DCA clone) or Monsters, Inc. Dream Factory (another kiddie ride area)

6 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

New Animal Kingdom Attractions

Thought it would be interesting to find out what types of attractions that you would like to see come to Disney's Animal Kingdom next. Feel free to post your thoughts about attractions listed in the accompanying poll, or else discuss anything not listed - including your own concepts.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: New Animal Kingdom Attractions

I was so going to write something about a natural enclosure for RW to be in while Penguins threw things at him, but I am so under the influence of Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu meds and sleep deprevation right now...

I have nothing.

(and had they left this in the lounge where we normally do all of our random sillyness this would of made more sense, it didn't have the poll on it then, but since you can't take back a post once its posted... its stuck for all the world to see. Sorry RW. )
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-05-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Just got the poll up. Feel free to choose more than one attraction, if you would like to see it at DAK.

Omce again, I thoughtthat it would be interesting to find out what types of attractions that you would like to see come to Disney's Animal Kingdom next. Feel free to post your thoughts about attractions listed in the accompanying poll, or else discuss anything not listed - including your own concepts.

First of all an Outback/Australasia area would be a welcome land addition, but it doesn't need a Finding Nemo tie in, the Living Seas is filled enough as it with FN, and it seems like some parks are beating Nemo to death with ties in to classic attractions. They could make a film (a la Soarin' even) of the vast animalia of Down Under. Or a dark ride.

After that, an Artic wildlife theme would be interesting. Maybe with some money they could buy "Wild Artic" simulator film from Sea World or create a similiar theme simulator and have it as the big attraction for the new area.

I'd love to see Journey to the Center of the Earth come to WDW. "Simba's Quest" sounds cool also. Are these real rumors or just fun speculation?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    . They could make a film (a la Soarin' even) of the vast animalia of Down Under.
    LMAO back in 00-01 ( I think, maybe a bit later) Austrailia was a plan for AK...two versions...one ride-less just with animals and one with Soarin.

I don't know I think Austrailia would be a nice addition, or South America, the could easily do Indy and some rainforest displays there. Or even expanding the CMM area to be a whole North Western North America-themed land...bears, moose, water rides, that such.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451
    I'd love to see Journey to the Center of the Earth come to WDW. "Simba's Quest" sounds cool also. Are these real rumors or just fun speculation?
    Journey To the Center if the Earth is a significant rumor, and is projected to come to DAK before the end of the decade. Other actual Animal Kingdom rumors include Australia (new land), A Bugs Land and Fantasia Gardens.

(A Finding Nemo based replacement show for Tarzan Rocks! is also spinning about out there. I believe it will happen, but I didn't include it in the pole as I am primarily concerned with rides and other interactive attractions here.)

Turtle Twister has been rumored to replace Mulholland Madnes at Disney's California Adventure. But, I speculated that it would fit into DAK quite nicely as well. The Rainforest Super Saturater family coaster idea was actually rumored to become a part of EPCOT's "The Land" Pavillion as a part of Progect Gemini rumor (which seems to be being partially realized). I altered the attraction name (originally Rainforest Rollercoaster) in order to better get across what it actually is.

I have created the following rumors out of pure speculation: Simba's Quest, Savanna Air Patrol, and Watch Out For That Tree! Folks are predicting at random that Narnia based attraction(s) will come to DAK. I created the two Narnia based ride concepts in the poll out of speculation, i.e. White Witches Assault and Enchanted Maze of Aslan. They are each based, however, on actual Animal Kingdom ride rumors for Beastly Kingdom, i.e. Dare the Dragon and Quest For the Unicorn respectively.

I feel that the popularity of the Narnia film (and interest people take in the novel) would make it more desirable to Disney for DAK than Beastly Kingdom. Also, Universal Escape has been criticized for ripping off Disney by incorporating Beastly Kingdom attraction concepts into Islands of Adventure rides.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

You left off one additional choice - A Totally New Attraction With Technology and Show Effects Unlike Anything Ever Seen in Any Park Around the World.

That's my pick!

• Banned User

No one calls it Universal Escape. It's Universal Orlando! lol

Anyway... I've never heard them being ripped by anyone except "Disney can do no wrong" people. Disney didn't pay to do it, it's their loss. And IoA got an amazing land.

Now, as far as what will come to Animal Kingdom...

Yes, a Volcano would fit very well into the park... but I doubt we'll ever see one. If Journey comes to AK, it's probably going to be without the Volcano element.

Now, as far as Beastlie Kingdome goes, it's still coming. Joe Rhode has made that clear, with the refusal to remove the dragon from the park's logo. The question is... when? Narnia and Fantasia Gardens might be a part of Beastlie Kingdome, but I'm sure there would be more to it.

The new show is coming... that's a given.

New attractions in Africa or Asia will not happen... unless they use the boat docks in Asia or build a restaurant. Or if they go left in Africa into the service area... which is unlikely. However, there is room near Conservation Station for giant expansion of the park, a smaller amount near Camp Minnie-Mickey. The problem with both of these areas is access. To access the area near Conservation Station, you'd need to take a train, or the entire central service area would need to be re-themed, the train tracks raised, and bridges built. Not to mention the landscaping and all that. Lots of work would have to happen first before it would be ready. And it would be a heck of a long walk there. To get to the other area, you'd have to walk through part of Camp-Minnie Mickey. Not that it can't be done easily, it would just be odd.

• Banned User

busch gardens had a journey to the center of the earth attraction many years ago. I remember it well because I would get motion sickness every time I rode it. I would like to see an austalian area but I would rather see it in epcot unless it was full of kangaroos and wombats and fuzzy bears. then it would fit in DAK.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Universal Escape is a rather clunky name at that, Bill. I much prefer Universal Orlando. One would think the Company would have enough sense to exercise an "Escaape clause" and get rid of that part of their moniker. hee hee

The rip off point was minor, but it's viable news anyway. Acusations like this by the "Disney can do no wrong" club is stretching things a might, and sounds a bit like sour grapes. I agree wholeheartedly that Disney should have got on the ball long ago with respect to Beastly Kingdom. They should have listened to Joe Rhode. The man is awesome...with a creative heart just like Walt.

Regarding a Mysterious Island volcano, I too would love to see it. However, rumor has it that DAK would get the better of DisneySea's MI attractions, Journey - and not 20K dry for wet. If this is the case, there would be little reason to create a volcanic island for one attraction. Who knows, they might decide to opt for the whole Shamu (like they say at Sea World), and include both a volcano and 20K.

It is awesome news that a mythological creatue land is definitely coming to DAK. Thanks for the confirmation. Whether it's called Beastly Kingdom or Narnia doesn't make that much difference to me, as long as we get this long overdue land. I think concepts from each themed land idea would be used, regardless of it's overall name.

Regardless of what happens, I would rather see the mythological land not include a dragon themed roller coaster as it just wouldn't seem that creative. That is, too many people would likely think of IOA's Dueling Dragons is it's predecessor. To me, a coaster that utilizes a different theme would be preferable, such as the White Witches Assault theme that I created for the survey. I'd also like to see Fantasia Gardens finally receive a home.

Can't wait to see the Finding Nemo show, and a Discovery River special effects show like you had mentioned on one of your threads, Bill.(possibly pyro or dancing waters or something like Fantasmic). I'd love to see new restaurants in the park as well. Also, it would be awesome should Disney significantly expand Africa in the Conservation Station vicinity. Perhaps the expansion would accomodate a George of the Jungle or Tarzan themed flume/coaster'dark ride and/or a Africa themed simulator ride on the order of Indiana Jones.

Once again though, I beg to differ with you with respect to the savanna being a great place for a second major attraction; that being a balloon ride. I remain fully confdent that the Imagineers would be able to rehab the area in terms of roof tops and backstage areas so that they don't stick out as eyesores in the way that some places do now. Would it be perfect? Definitely not. What is?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    You left off one additional choice - A Totally New Attraction With Technology and Show Effects Unlike Anything Ever Seen in Any Park Around the World.

That's my pick!
    There are lots of chices that I left out, danyoung. I'd love to see something totally unique and mindblowing. If you have one or more ideas, I hope that you will share them.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    busch gardens had a journey to the center of the earth attraction many years ago. I remember it well because I would get motion sickness every time I rode it. I would like to see an austalian area but I would rather see it in epcot unless it was full of kangaroos and wombats and fuzzy bears. then it would fit in DAK.
    How I would love to see an Australian land full of "kangaroos and wombats and fuzzy bears" hopping, flying, climbing and generally running amuck, mateys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Journey To the Center if the Earth is a significant rumor, and is projected to come to DAK before the end of the decade. Other actual Animal Kingdom rumors include Australia (new land), A Bugs Land and Fantasia Gardens.

(A Finding Nemo based replacement show for Tarzan Rocks! is also spinning about out there. I believe it will happen, but I didn't include it in the pole as I am primarily concerned with rides and other interactive attractions here.)

Turtle Twister has been rumored to replace Mulholland Madnes at Disney's California Adventure. But, I speculated that it would fit into DAK quite nicely as well. The Rainforest Super Saturater family coaster idea was actually rumored to become a part of EPCOT's "The Land" Pavillion as a part of Progect Gemini rumor (which seems to be being partially realized). I altered the attraction name (originally Rainforest Rollercoaster) in order to better get across what it actually is.

I have created the following rumors out of pure speculation: Simba's Quest, Savanna Air Patrol, and Watch Out For That Tree! Folks are predicting at random that Narnia based attraction(s) will come to DAK. I created the two Narnia based ride concepts in the poll out of speculation, i.e. White Witches Assault and Enchanted Maze of Aslan. They are each based, however, on actual Animal Kingdom ride rumors for Beastly Kingdom, i.e. Dare the Dragon and Quest For the Unicorn respectively.

I feel that the popularity of the Narnia film (and interest people take in the novel) would make it more desirable to Disney for DAK than Beastly Kingdom. Also, Universal Escape has been criticized for ripping off Disney by incorporating Beastly Kingdom attraction concepts into Islands of Adventure rides.
    Thank you. I think there is a heavy possibility of a Narnia attraction in the future, as well. I hope that Turtle Twister thing replaces Muholland Madness--anything's better than that.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    There are lots of chices that I left out, danyoung. I'd love to see something totally unique and mindblowing. If you have one or more ideas, I hope that you will share them.
    Well, that's exactly the point I'm making. I don't want to see anything that's been discussed (well, that's not totally true - some of them sound cool!). I don't want to plan an attraction myself. I want to go into an attraction and have my socks blown off, like I was with Pirates in '67, with Indy in DL and with Soarin' in DCA. I want to see a show that I could never conceive in my wildest dreams, one that uses unique and cutting edge technology to tell a story in a way that has never been used before. In other words, I want Imagineering to be able to do the job that they've proven over and over that they can do without the interference of the spreadsheet jockeys who have to see a return for every penny of investment, and have an attraction brought in on schedule and on budget whether it's really ready or not.

If anyone's familiar with the history of the original Haunted Mansion, you know what I mean. Walt had people working on this attraction from the mid-50's, and just couldn't come up with a show that worked. Once technology caught up with the vision of the designers, they could make it happen, and it opened in '69 to rave reviews. I want that kind of creation. Don't give me the next great roller coaster - give me the next great attraction that will start a whole new wave of attractions based on it. Give me something that no one in the world has ever seen, and can't wait to come see for the first time.

Give me an original Disney attraction. That's all I want.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast