Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Bangarang!

Re: What Disney's Hollywood Studios Needs

I was just about to come on here and mention a Muppets-land (as I watched the 2012 film last night).

They could recreate the Muppet Studios area from the film, the part with Kermit's office - (or the "is this the Universal Studios?" gag.) They could even do that with the area that exists now.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I just think it needs to improve what is there, mainly the Great Movie Ride and the backstage tour. Update the Great Movie Ride with a couple of modern films (only a couple), update / enhance the AAs/scenes, maybe a new script, and update the film. Also, make the backstage tour better (never rode it, but heard it's not as good as it once was) and maybe make it more educational. Maybe do more live filming, or perhaps pretend to do a "live show" and educate people more on that?

I just think they need to focus more on the "hollywood" and film making concepts more than anything and whatever already has that theme enhance it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    I just think it needs to improve what is there, mainly the Great Movie Ride and the backstage tour. Update the Great Movie Ride with a couple of modern films (only a couple), update / enhance the AAs/scenes, maybe a new script, and update the film. Also, make the backstage tour better (never rode it, but heard it's not as good as it once was) and maybe make it more educational. Maybe do more live filming, or perhaps pretend to do a "live show" and educate people more on that?

I just think they need to focus more on the "hollywood" and film making concepts more than anything and whatever already has that theme enhance it.
    agreed about updating the great movie ride but all points towards the removal of the backlot tour. the direction the park is heading is more towards walking into the movies and they aren't going to keep up the facade that you are in a working studio anymore, think more universal orlando then universal los angeles. I would list the priorities for DHS as follows:

1) add lucas land with expanded starwars and Indy
    2) use the power of the new land's draw as an opportunity to refurbish GMR.
    3) hit pixar land and expand into the monsters inc films as well as a radiator springs racers clone, hopefully with further additions like a better pizza planet, up, and wall-e
    4) use that draw to refurbish rockin rollercoaster and if theres time muppets.

I used to work in DHS' backlands (Indiana Jones, Muppets, Star Wars, Backlot Tour, etc) and I have to say that there really isn't much in that park. Guests would ask about parades (we don't have one), rides (there are five. Toy story, TOT, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, GMR, and Star Tours. And if you didn't know about Toy Story by the time you asked the question, you aren't getting on it anytime soon), characters, shows, etc. Streets of America is basically pointless except for SODL and Backlot is empty (1 to 1 1/2 cars full year round). I can't speak for the rest of the park, but the Backlands seriously need to be revamped.

• Metro-Retro Historian

A handful of c-ish level dark rides and a couple people eaters would be a great start. I also like the idea of more museum type exhibit areas too. Oh and Monster Sound Show.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    A handful of c-ish level dark rides and a couple people eaters would be a great start. I also like the idea of more museum type exhibit areas too. Oh and Monster Sound Show.
    When you think of people eaters, C-Ticket dark rides don't usually come to mind. E-Tickets/D-Tickets usually have very long lines that eat a ton of people. Now, I am not saying that the park doesn't need more C-Tickets and dark rides, cause it does, but it needs more than that to eat people. People won't go out of there way to go ride a new C-Ticket, but they will for a new D/E-Ticket. Another show would be good, and one more museum couldn't hurt.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer45 View Post
    When you think of people eaters, C-Ticket dark rides don't usually come to mind. E-Tickets/D-Tickets usually have very long lines that eat a ton of people. Now, I am not saying that the park doesn't need more C-Tickets and dark rides, cause it does, but it needs more than that to eat people. People won't go out of there way to go ride a new C-Ticket, but they will for a new D/E-Ticket. Another show would be good, and one more museum couldn't hurt.
    because spaceship earth for example isn't a people eater......

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I think a cool idea would be replacing the pirates story time attraction with a pixar museum. it would create a nice transition into pixar place from one mans dream along mickey avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    because spaceship earth for example isn't a people eater......
    I have never waited in line for Space, and where is the space for a ride that big at DHS.

• Minion

I have never waited in line for Space, and where is the space for a ride that big at DHS.
    thats the point, its an omni mover so there are so many seats on the ride that it eats a lot of people in a satisfying way. just having a long line for your attraction isn't really eating people if they aren't satisfied. and there are several places but I will save that for the series I have coming out shortly.

I have an idea about Monsters Inc. More than a ride, but less than a land. Im sorry i forgot than name of the place but it would be the building that they work in. It would have a dark ride, thrill ride, shop, and restaurant. Thats the whole thing. The dark ride would be similar to the one at DCA. And the thrill ride would be something to do with the doors that always fly around the building. I think this could work because it isnt huge. Also, this could take the place of bugs land at dca

Quote Originally Posted by Hazer15 View Post
    I have an idea about Monsters Inc. More than a ride, but less than a land. Im sorry i forgot than name of the place but it would be the building that they work in. It would have a dark ride, thrill ride, shop, and restaurant. Thats the whole thing. The dark ride would be similar to the one at DCA. And the thrill ride would be something to do with the doors that always fly around the building. I think this could work because it isnt huge. Also, this could take the place of bugs land at dca
    The place they work is Monsters Inc.

Nothing wrong with a mini land - although I think I'd rather see Ride and Go Seek than Mike and Sulley to the Rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazer15 View Post
    I don't think it will replace a bug's land over at DCA, but I do think it is a real possibility for DHS. Maybe not a dark ride and coaster, but I could definitely see it as an E-Ticket attraction Door Coaster that stops/slows down in a few places for the scenes where they leave the building and teleport other places. The queue could also be amazing and interactive and walk through the building. A shop would be at the end of the ride, but also accessible from outside the building. Maybe a restaurant could be located just outside the building. It would be cool if it was the restaurant that Mike and his girlfriend went to, the fancy sushi one.

Maybe a restaurant could be located just outside the building. It would be cool if it was the restaurant that Mike and his girlfriend went to, the fancy sushi one.
    Yes! Why didnt I think of that!

I think a good idea would be to get rid of the Indy show. (I love it, but its getting old and corny...) Replace that with the Indy rollercoaster from Paris. Doesnt have to be identical but similar. If there is an expansion of something like"LucasLand" then who knows though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast