•   
    • PotC Finger Chomp

Blog Entries

I'm going to Epcot & DHS today! Can you guess what I will ride and/or see?

Hi!

I live in Tampa, FL, about a 50 minute drive from WDW. I recently purchased an annual pass and plan on using it as much as I can. Today, my girlfriend and I are planning to start the day at Epcot (I want to ride TT, she just wants to go around the World Showcase), then making our way over to DHS via watercraft or find out if its possible to walk between the two parks (The Disney App shows a small walkway)

What do you think I will get accomplished today? I'll post pics and replies this evening when I get home! Enjoyy guessing!

• Minion

Re: I'm going to Epcot & DHS today! Can you guess what I will ride and/or see?

hopefully you walked between the two parks as its faster and a nice path. as for guessing what you got up to, im going to guess since you arrived probably close to 12-1230, test track, walked around world showcase, spaceship earth at epcot and star tours, tower of terror, rockin rollercoaster, great movie ride, muppets, and fantasmic, dinner at fairfax faire and lunch somewhere in the world showcase.

I am guessing TT, then you walk around the World Showcase and eat lunch, then walk to DHS, then ride/see Rockin Roller Coaster, TZToT, Star Tours, LMA show, Great Movie Ride, and Fantasmic.

•   
    • PotC Finger Chomp

Blog Entries

We arrived at 1pm and we parked at Epcot. I immediately regretted wearing a black shirt, the thin material it was made of was not enough to combat the intense May FL sun. We took the tram up to the gates and entered the park with our new Magic Bands, which was cool. Nice not having to put something away as soon as you enter the gates.

Epcot has a lot of long unshaded paths, and by the time we got to World Showcase, I was absolutely miserable and wanted to leave the park. We exited through the International Gateway and went to the lobby at Boardwalk to seek uncrowded air conditioning. I sought a white shirt at the gift shop and purchased the most cheesy shirt ever. It literally says "MY OFFICIAL Walt Disney World VACATION SHIRT". I really didn't care because it is the whitest shirt I have ever seen. When we came out of the gift shop, I noticed that the boat to Hollywood Studios was boarding just a few feet away, so we decided to go to DHS. Nice boat ride and I got a transportation card. We booked FastPass+ for Rockin' Roller Coaster, Star Tours, and ToT (in that order) on the boat ride over.

We entered the park and headed back to the animation studio, where I was surprised to see a lack of tour, just an open door to the meet and greet area, and the rest of the space was free to roam. We stopped to see what the animators were working on in their offices, and skipped the meet and greets. By the time we exited the animation studio, a small fast moving thunderstorm had popped up with hail and 60 mph winds and was terrifying all non-Floridians out of their minds. We sought shelter in the GMR queue along with hundreds of others jacking the 45 minute board time up to easily 80 minute wait sized line, then the people exiting the ride would not leave the covered exit path so they stopped letting people on the ride altogether. The queue was hot and people in line started getting angry, so we exited the line to find the temperature outside had dropped 20 degrees. The rain was still coming down so we stood under the hat for another 5 minutes until it stopped.

Once it had stopped we checked the app to see that Star Tours was walk on, so we headed that way. On the way, I saw that they were showing the exact same preview of Maleficent that is playing out at DLCA, which was a nice surprise. I was already excited by the movie, but the 3D in the small theater was really cool. Very glad I got to see it. Then, we actually did walk on to Star Tours. Very nice, we got Vader/Tattooine/Coruscant. First time I had experienced the 3D and it definitely amps up the simulation. We perused through the trinkets of Tattooine Traders and realized our first FastPass+ reservation was available, Rockin' Roller Coaster.

FastPass+ is awesome. It cut a 50 minute stand-by line down to 10 minutes with pre-show AND we asked to be placed in front row. BTW, front row is the best way to do any dark coaster, especially RRC. It was almost like being on the ride by ourselves. We exited the ride to watch the wait time board for ToT click over to 50 mins in front of our eyes. So we decided to take a bus back over to Epcot for dinner at The Land.

We had quick service chicken Caesar salads, then went on Living with the Land. Then we went on Living Seas with Nemo and spent some time at the end watching the dolphins. When we exited, I asked my GF what she wanted to do next, she said she wanted a pastry from France (which I hate pastries and my feet were tired and I really didn't want to walk to the complete opposite side of the largest of the WDW parks for a single pastry) so we headed to France. We diverted our path to walk through Innoventions where some weird fire safety course for kids was going on.

By the time we made it to France, I was exhausted and the line was so long for pastries, my GF grabbed a cup of sorbet and we headed back to the front of the park. We rode Spaceship Earth and the video at the end was hilarious, but I sent it to the wrong email address.

We ended the day there. Walked back to the car and beat the tram.
    Last edited by PlutoHasFleas; 05-27-2014 at 10:53 AM.