•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Did someone steal the ring from the HM?

I went to MK today and looked for the ring at HM but all I found was a small depression in the cement that vaguely resembles the shape of a ring with a large set stone, and three posts about the width of a small nail. It looks as if someone has pried up the ring and pocketed it. What gives?

• formerly very helpful

Re: Did someone steal the ring from the HM?

I always thought the ring was an urban Disney legend, and it didn't really exist.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I always thought the ring was an urban Disney legend, and it didn't really exist.
    It was, but they put one in the last refurb.

I've never seen the ring since I never knew where it was exactly, but heard about the ring. I was told it was a urban Disney legend.

However, if it's true that they eventually put an actual one there and now it's gone, could it possibly be removed by Imagineers, or a cast member? I would imagine it would take a lot of time and effort to remove it.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

The original "ring" was a fan created backstory on a piece of pipe cut off at the ground resembling an ring embedded in the cement. It was located in the exit queue, but after the refurbishments and queue expansion, it was cemented over. Imagineers threw a nod to the legend in the new interactive queue. When you enter the cemetery, look over the wall behind the family busts. It should be right there, but it's not. Someone definitely took it up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    I went to MK today and looked for the ring at HM but all I found was a small depression in the cement that vaguely resembles the shape of a ring with a large set stone, and three posts about the width of a small nail. It looks as if someone has pried up the ring and pocketed it. What gives?
    exactly. if the welds or setting was as large as you suggest there is no way in hell a guest in line could remove it without quickly being removed from the park and a significant tool that never would make it through security. if it was there it was removed by staff.

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Also, a few weeks back I went and I was searching for it in the exit queue, and upon not finding it I asked a CM where it was and she would not break character, citing only "It's in the cemetery, but you can't see it right now. The ghosts are polishing it.".

Intrigued about a new ring, I did some research and found a YouTube video reaveling it in its new location, embedded in the ground just over the wall behind the family busts.

I wondered why she had said you can't see it. In the video, a trash can stood a foot away and I figured, maybe it had just been covered up by the trash can. Wrong. It's gone.