1975 Super8 Magic Kingdom - Restored in HD - Tomorrowland Bliss & Swan Boats

A few weeks ago we posted the restored film of my grandparent's 1972 trip to the Magic Kingdom... Three years later, when I was barely walking, they made another pilgrimage to Florida, again stopping at the Magic Kingdom for a day.

This particular piece of film had some nasty issues I had to deal with. For one, there was a massive amount of film grain I had to deal with. This caused compression artifacts in motion areas after the film was scanned and compressed. As a result, I'm sending the reels off to be re-scanned and this time the files sent back to me will be uncompressed, allowing for a much cleaner restoration. The film also did not hold its color as the earlier film had. I'm pretty sure my grandfather used Kodak film in '72 and some off-brand in '75. Now, 39 years later we can tell the difference. I had to use three different color restoration techniques to get this as accurate as I could. Even then, some scenes aren't quite as perfect at I'd like them to be, however the film itself has blotches of yellow dis-coloration - possible it was poorly manufactured or poorly developed.

This restoration is 90% complete, I wanted to show you what i've done so far, but dont' take this as the final cut. Once I have the improved footage I will upload that and let everyone know. Regardless, you'll find some amazing Tomorrowland footage in this film - including the pristine white look, waterfall towers, and a ride on the peoplemover...and some great footage of the now forgotten Swan Boats.

Video is here: https://www.retrodisneyworld.com/ret...iss-swan-boats
    RetroDisneyWorld.com
    The way you remember it...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: 1975 Super8 Magic Kingdom - Restored in HD - Tomorrowland Bliss & Swan Boats

How awesome! I love seeing footage from the 70s. My first visit to WDW was 1978 when I was 3 (turned 4 that summer).

Re: 1975 Super8 Magic Kingdom - Restored in HD - Tomorrowland Bliss & Swan Boats

Loving it ! Kinda cool to catch a view of the Skyway Tram floating through the air .

That was wonderful and excellent. Thank you.