Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crush's Coaster to EPCOT?

EPCOT has The Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion, but the pavilion does not have an actual ride, as the omnimover does not count. A good/great pavilion has one restaurant (check), one show (check), one dark/boat ride (check), and one D/E-Ticket ride (uh...).
    As you can see below, there is a ton of space for an attraction between the pavilion and the parking lot. This area north of the pavilion could have an attraction connected to the main building by an indoor/outdoor path that doubles as a queue (like Soarin', although it would be a lot smaller).

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 7.32.47 PM.png
Views: 456
Size:  204.2 KB
    The land is picture above, with the parking lot in the top left corner and the pavilion the grey building in the bottom right corner.

Crush's Coaster is a very popular attraction at WDS and is one of the upsides of the park. A cloned version of the attraction can easily fit in that space (according to Google Earth measurements) and complete The Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion as well as give EPCOT another attraction, which it could use.

What do you think of the idea?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Crush's Coaster to EPCOT?

Sorry the picture is posted twice, I don't know how to change it.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I always thought Aquatopia (from Tokyo DisneySea) would be a perfect addition to Epcot's Living Seas pavilion as it would fit the future world theme.

It occurred to me recently that none of Epcot's ride (with the exception of Test Track) are fully outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    It occurred to me recently that none of Epcot's ride (with the exception of Test Track) are fully outdoors.
    Well, Crush's Coaster has that 2 seconds of outdoors, which counts for basically nothing. I think that you have to look at the number of outdoors attractions compared to the total number of attractions. At EPCOT, this is about 5-10 attraction to one outdoors. It doesn't bother me as much as it might elsewhere due to the Florida weather.

Crush's Coaster has a capacity problem, only 900 persons per hour. Disneyland Paris tried to implement the Fastpass system on this ride, but the capacity was too low and this is the reason why this ride has no Fastpass system.

If this ride is duplicated, they have to create two coasters instead of one (a dual-tracked roller coaster like Matterhorn Bobsleds) if they want to reach a sufficient capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    Crush's Coaster has a capacity problem, only 900 persons per hour. Disneyland Paris tried to implement the Fastpass system on this ride, but the capacity was too low and this is the reason why this ride has no Fastpass system.

If this ride is duplicated, they have to create two coasters instead of one (a dual-tracked roller coaster like Matterhorn Bobsleds) if they want to reach a sufficient capacity.
    That could be done. Space Mountain has two tracks at MK and one at DL. A bigger showbuilding might be needed, but there is room.

I think there is too much overlap between the existing ride in the pavilion and Crush's Coaster, so I don't see them doing it any time soon. However I would love for them to do it. Crush's Coaster is such a fun ride. It would definitely need at least two tracks to give them sufficient capacity (probably more), but my understanding is that it is basically an off-the-shelf ride with a theming overlay, so it would probably be at the cheaper end of the spectrum for E ticket rides.

Adding crush or similar smaller rides to the future world pavilions is a great idea. It makes what could be seen as a dull part of the park for some (but not us fans :-) ) more fun and means that the main attractions could still be old school edutainment

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
    I think there is too much overlap between the existing ride in the pavilion and Crush's Coaster, so I don't see them doing it any time soon. However I would love for them to do it. Crush's Coaster is such a fun ride. It would definitely need at least two tracks to give them sufficient capacity (probably more), but my understanding is that it is basically an off-the-shelf ride with a theming overlay, so it would probably be at the cheaper end of the spectrum for E ticket rides.
    this isnt an issue, just make turtle talk with crush into a preshow line like dumbo currently has or part of in line entertainment. the main issue this addition would have is it simply cannot go where it is currently suggested. there is not enough space and even still that access roadway cannot be removed as it is required for access to the backstage aquarium area.

• Inappropriate

Wait..why doesn't the omnimover count as a ride?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    the main issue this addition would have is it simply cannot go where it is currently suggested. there is not enough space and even still that access roadway cannot be removed as it is required for access to the backstage aquarium area.
    The road can be rerouted or go in a tunnel under the attraction. I checked Google Earth and the measurements work. The coaster will also go in space to the left of the picture, it was cut out from the photo.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer45 View Post
    The road can be rerouted or go in a tunnel under the attraction. I checked Google Earth and the measurements work. The coaster will also go in space to the left of the picture, it was cut out from the photo.
    well to address the first point, no the road cannot be rerouted or go underground, it needs to remain where it is for the wellbeing of transported animals, particularily the dolphins and manatees. not to mention it would make things very difficult for coral reefs craft services. secondly while theoretically it would fit, very tightly but would fit, it would leave no room to increase the capacity as you suggest earlier, meaning it would have to be an exact clone and would leave a big ugly show building that would definitely need to be themed somewhat on the one side as it would be in immediate proximity with the guests entering the park from the bus stops. furthermore its not as simple as just going more left as you suggest as clearance needs to be kept in mind for the seawater filtration plant in the same general area. finally another point of contention not addressed earlier is where exactly you plan on making the entrance to the attraction. the only place I see that could make any possible sense would be on the far left side just beside the manatees on the lower level. any other access point would be impossible due to the giant aquarium taking up almost the entire back of the pavilion. an exterior entrance with a semi detached attraction would probably make the most sense with all these complications in mind.

well to address the first point, no the road cannot be rerouted or go underground, it needs to remain where it is for the wellbeing of transported animals, particularily the dolphins and manatees. not to mention it would make things very difficult for coral reefs craft services. secondly while theoretically it would fit, very tightly but would fit, it would leave no room to increase the capacity as you suggest earlier, meaning it would have to be an exact clone and would leave a big ugly show building that would definitely need to be themed somewhat on the one side as it would be in immediate proximity with the guests entering the park from the bus stops. furthermore its not as simple as just going more left as you suggest as clearance needs to be kept in mind for the seawater filtration plant in the same general area. finally another point of contention not addressed earlier is where exactly you plan on making the entrance to the attraction. the only place I see that could make any possible sense would be on the far left side just beside the manatees on the lower level. any other access point would be impossible due to the giant aquarium taking up almost the entire back of the pavilion. an exterior entrance with a semi detached attraction would probably make the most sense with all these complications in mind.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 7.41.24 PM.png
Views: 321
Size:  48.7 KB
    The red outline is an area that can fit Crush's Coaster at WDS with plenty of room to space cause it is not a perfect rectangle and these measurements are the longest lengths and widths. You can see that another coaster can fit directly to the left, making them side by side, to double the capacity. The equipment that is currently in that area can be moved a little west to that open field. If the road can't go underground, then it can enter from the bus drop off as you can see in the top right corner and go directly to the aquarium.

• Under that tree again!

this isnt an issue, just make turtle talk with crush into a preshow line like dumbo currently has or part of in line entertainment.
    I'm not sure that would work very well.

It's one thing to walk passively by on ongoing show like in the Great Movie Ride. Another in Turtle Talk where there is a audience participation. If you had the guest go into a show room and from there to a loading area queue, the show either has to be quick, or you wait twice once for the show another for a ride. That would slow capacity on slow days.

Quote Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
    I think there is too much overlap between the existing ride in the pavilion and Crush's Coaster, so I don't see them doing it any time soon.
    I agree and the bigger problem we have is a pavilion devoted to a franchise. Another attraction would ideally diversify the offerings.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer45 View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 7.41.24 PM.png
Views: 321
Size:  48.7 KB
    The red outline is an area that can fit Crush's Coaster at WDS with plenty of room to space cause it is not a perfect rectangle and these measurements are the longest lengths and widths. You can see that another coaster can fit directly to the left, making them side by side, to double the capacity. The equipment that is currently in that area can be moved a little west to that open field. If the road can't go underground, then it can enter from the bus drop off as you can see in the top right corner and go directly to the aquarium.
    again though, that rectangle directly infringes on the entrances to the back of the aquarium and access road, this cannot happen. walking animals through an extra football field of space essentially is unsafe and having to access the aquarium through not only public areas but through an operating attraction area is more of the same. secondly adding an additional building right beside it would completely cut off access to the park from the bus stations. theoretically a path could be made but it would be difficult to get it in and would certainly create a bottleneck at prime hours. finally no lol you cant just move the salinization plant. if thats not running the fish die, plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast