Attraction Under Tomorrowland Speedway?

Disneyland does not have the blessing of size like the Magic Kingdom has, but it has attractions literally built on top of one another to increase the number of attractions. The Subs are underneath Autopia practically entire attraction except for loading and unloading. Why doesn't the Tomorrowland Speedway follow that example? Now, I am not saying that the subs should be put in, but would you agree that it is a good idea for Disney to put a ride under the speedway? In my opinion, the ride should be a "future underground city tour" and it should be a dark ride. The loading/unloading station could be on the path east of the speedway that nobody uses. What do you think of the idea and what do you think could be put under the speedway?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Attraction Under Tomorrowland Speedway?

The Magic Kingdom was built on raised ground so the Utildors could be built under it.

In DL they redid Autopia to put in the Subs, so that is how it got two levels of attractions. Of course it really got three as the Monorail and People Mover were over Autopia. Basically this came about because it was one massive construction project.

At WDW they planned the park to be much bigger and more spread out. So the Speedway, a mini Autopia, was built in a different area than 20K.

With the raised ground they could make a basement attraction under the TLS, but it would mean build two attractions at once. The TLS in my opinion isn't very good. I could see it getting replaced with 2 attractions or a multilevel attraction.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

exactly swampy. if youre going to build an attraction under the speed way you might as well redo TLS at the same time. it would cut construction time in half and be a lot more simple.

• Inappropriate

I'm in favor of ripping the Speedway out and putting something else in. And I like the idea of two stacked rides. That area in Disneyland with the subs, autopia, monorail, and peoplemover fascinates me. 4 rides in one plot of land!! (even though one is dead.)

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Heavy Breather

Well, that's where the Utilidoors are, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Well, that's where the Utilidoors are, aren't they?
    The Utilidors don't extend out that far.

• formerly very helpful

My understanding is they can't dig too deep in the Florida ground, since the water table is so high. That's why, for example, the Haunted Mansion's stretching room does not go down, like in California, and the Pirates of the Carribean only has one flume.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    My understanding is they can't dig too deep in the Florida ground, since the water table is so high. That's why, for example, the Haunted Mansion's stretching room does not go down, like in California, and the Pirates of the Carribean only has one flume.
    That's mostly true. Yes the water table is so high in florida, but also HM doesn't go down and Pirates only has one water fall because they don't need to go down. In Disneyland, both of those rides need to get outside the train track berm, but in Magic Kingdom, they don't, so it's not an issue.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Yes, but they can have a win-win by redoing TLS, which desperately needs to be done, and elevate it to put another attraction underneath.

• Metro-Retro Historian

The Utilidors don't go out that far. The water may or may not be an issue depending on what the water table is like at that part of the park. Haunted Mansion doesn't go down because it doesn't have to go beyond the train tracks. Pirates only drops once because even though it does go beyond the train tracks they didn't build half of it then decide to make it bigger, which is what happened with the Disneyland version.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Under that tree again!

If you think of the outer pathway around the Hub the one the spokes go to, the Utilidors go to the building just inside that outer pathway. Not under the outermost attractions/buildings. The Utilidors pose no problem to digging under TLS.

The ground in the whole park was raised. Seven Seas Lagoon is not natural, is was excavated to be the source of the land MK was built on. This allowed the Utilidors to be build, building to have basement levels, and attractions to drop below ground level So there is room under TLS to expand into.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.