DISNEY WORLD FOR HALLOWEEN! Trip advice!!

Me and 3 of my friend who are all 19 are visiting Disney World Oct 30-Nov 5th
    We are most likely not doing MNSSHP so I wanted to know what else is there to do on halloween in Orlando that is isn't that expensive!

Universal Studio Horror nights is $95!! which is completely ridiculous given that Im from Los Angeles and my college gives us $5 tickets to the event!

So hopefully there is something else we could do maybe something else in the resort!

Does anything special happen besides the Halloween Party?

• Under that tree again!

Re: DISNEY WORLD FOR HALLOWEEN! Trip advice!!

You could do Sea World or Lego Land. Both pretty tame.

I heard about a street party somewhere, but don't recall details.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You could do Sea World or Lego Land. Both pretty tame.

I heard about a street party somewhere, but don't recall details.
    Would that be the Church Street Party? Its listed down towards the bottom of this page. Halloween Parties in Orlando - Adult Halloween Costume Parties in Orlando Looks like a lot goes on in the Orlando area during Halloween.

•   
    • PHF

Blog Entries

First of all, UOR & IOA are WAY different from UHS. It's $95 for a reason, it's worth it.

Second, are you renting a car? How do you plan on traveling outside WDW?

You may want to check out Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa. It's comparable to HHN at UOR, lots of high quality haunted houses and 5 star roller coasters, and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than $95 a person.

Tampa, FL is 45 minutes from WDW, and has a bigger metropolitan area than Orlando, more colleges and a pretty good scene for young adults. If Tampa is an option, I live there and can post events to this thread as I find them.

unfortunately we aren't renting a car since we are staying on property. We happen to have Complimentary Ticket to UOR & IOA so we don't wanna make two trip since we will be paying around $15 for the shuttle and then paying an additional $95 to go twice

Is there anything in the hotels or Downtown Disney or even Orlando Area

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Johana95 View Post
    unfortunately we aren't renting a car since we are staying on property. We happen to have Complimentary Ticket to UOR & IOA so we don't wanna make two trip since we will be paying around $15 for the shuttle and then paying an additional $95 to go twice

Is there anything in the hotels or Downtown Disney or even Orlando Area
    not really on property, personally if you really wanted to just do something halloween related on that night I would just get some good halloween movies and do a marathon that night. if you wanted to do something that would be more "adult" for example that required ID for you to go to inbox me.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    not really on property, personally if you really wanted to just do something halloween related on that night I would just get some good halloween movies and do a marathon that night. if you wanted to do something that would be more "adult" for example that required ID for you to go to inbox me.
    The main thing we wanna to do is be able to dress up! I was seeing that Ft. Wilderness has halloween graveyards decorations but I'm not sure how big of an event that is. We go all out on halloween and don't want miss out on dressing up!

•   
    • PHF

Blog Entries

If dressing up and trick or treating is more of your thing, then why not MNSSHP? It may sound kiddie, and yes, it's directed at kids, but I think if the four of you are into dressing up and having fun, MNSSHP could be a lot of fun for you guys.

All the clubs at City Walk at UOR will most likely be doing Halloween themed parties.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Johana95 View Post
    The main thing we wanna to do is be able to dress up! I was seeing that Ft. Wilderness has halloween graveyards decorations but I'm not sure how big of an event that is. We go all out on halloween and don't want miss out on dressing up!
    if thats the case then yeah the halloween party is basically your only option

• Banned User

If you end up deciding to do something where you dress up then make sure your costume is cool. Florida isn't as cool as DL. We have done the Disney Halloween parties at WDW and DL and every time we do the WDW we nearly die from heat stroke before the night is over. If yor are a Disney fan thing I would highly recommend you bite the bullet and do the Halloween party at WDW. Yes the don't do the ride overlaies but their parade and fireworks are much better than DLs... Frankly I would say their parade alone makes it much better then DLs.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Really the party is the best option. I'll be there Halloween night. It's really busy and the party will sell out of tickets before summer's end. I suggest you pay for it now, I mean you've put money towards a trip to WDW, might as well throw a few more at the party. You're there I mean.

BUT if you really don't want to party in MK you can visit Polynesian Resort beach and I'm sure they'll have music and fun there. Really you'll be there to lounge on the beach and watch the Hallowishes fireworks from the beach at night. And you'll probably see the electrical water parade as well from the beach. I'd say call Polynesian Resort front desk and ask what they offer for Halloween night.