Be Our Guest and Festival of Fantasy Parade

My trip that starts tomorrow night (yay for CA to FL red eye flights) has two remaining questions. I would love help from the wise souls here.

We don't have reservations for Be Our Guest, which my family insists on eating at (I admit to failing on the dinner reservations). We will be braving the lunch line. What is the current best wisdom on how to do this?

Question 2- Any decent spots for watching the Festival of Fantasy parade without waiting too long? Some shade would also be lovely.

Thanks, everyone!

• Minion

Re: Be Our Guest and Festival of Fantasy Parade

1) my advice... dont do it. from what I hear the food is good but there are very few food items in my mind that are good enough to line up over an hour for outside the restaurant just to order. thats what we faced when I was there a month ago, so instead we walked over to the liberty tree tavern, asked a lovely older female cast member if we could snag a walk in spot, and she somehow found us a table despite there being a completely full reservation list (I'm truly upset I forgot her name because she was one of the nicest cast members I have ever encountered). then later in the trip we walked up and asked a cast member at the door if we could just walk around and check out the new castle and she let us do a quick lap of the place before ushering us out and back into the park. got one of the best meals of our trip and a tour of the new castle in the process. got a little off track but to reiterate my previous point, steer them in a different direction it really is great and will not disapoint but its NOT worth waiting that long for.

2) as the construction in the hub goes on more shady spots and ideal viewing areas will pop up periodically. my best advice in that respect is as you enter the park and start walking up mainstreet scout out 5 spots that you think look good, rank them, and then when you come back a little before the parade scope those spots out rapid fire and go to the best available one. with this system I only had to scramble to find a spot one time and that was during a pretty busy period

If you don't have reservations for Be Our Guest, go someplace else. It is an amazing restaurant, but the lines are absolutely ridiculous.

Trust me, I know the lines are ridiculous. If it were just me, I'd pass. But the group of 9 insists very, very strongly, so if anyone has had any success at all, I'd appreciate it!

• Minion

.....did you just say group of 9...... good luck lol, I hate to break it to you but I'm going to be blunt if you are looking for success stories out there there are none to be found. again I STRONGLY recommend you go somewhere else, maybe swing by and ask a castmember once or twice at an odd time, but I'm sure if you emphasize to your group in the moment just how long the wait is and it hits them how long the line actually is in person they will be happy to move on. trust me to actually see it is significantly more daunting then hearing how long it takes to get up there. besides its not like that is the only place to eat in disney world, sure magic kingdom is somewhat lacking in the grand scheme but there are still some great places to eat throughout the rest of the park. I would recomend gaston's tavern. similar place/experience with still quality food but a lot less wait time and you can walk up whenever. plus I personally loved the pork shank.

Thought I'd Help. Former Cast Member at Be Our Guest.

Since you are also wanting to see Festival of Fantasy at 3 PM, my only advice to you on BOG is that you will have to go early or wait it out. The line moves much much more quickly between 10:30AM and 11:00 than it does between 11 and 2. This is because they are filling up the restaurant so all tables are available to start. If you go at Ten AM and see the line is not past the end of the bridge then you can expect to eat shortly after 10:30. If it's up to Gaston's area at that point, come back at 10:45 after a ride on something in fantasyland. The line will still be moving quickly and will have absorbed anyone past the bridge.

There is only one big circular table in the west wing for a group of nine so be aware if you choose that room you would be at adjacent tables or need to push tables together. I recommend the rose gallery.

And about DINNER: If you REAAAAAALLLY want to get in for dinner (lunch is cheaper and a completely one of a kind experience), I can practically guarantee you will get a spot if you inquire about them at the information/reservation booth out front of Be Our Guest early in the day and ask them exactly when you could show up with your whole group and wait (probably sometime between 3PM and 4PM). The restaurant is gigantic, and for the first 8 months I worked there we had at least 15 waitlist ready tables at the start of our service every single day. Might have changed, but never hurts to ask. One time, I used some of those 15 tables to allow a GROUP OF 27 to come in and dine with us without reservations. There's a chance. And throughout the dinner service it is much easier to get lucky if you are willing to do a group of four and a group of five.
    Last edited by BlahBlahson; 06-13-2014 at 11:28 AM.

I was going to suggest that you keep calling , as cancelations happen a lot. But, with 9 in your party, line up, or go someplace else. If you have never been there, then the wait might be worth it. Its a great experience !

Have you tried the Be Our Guest lunch FastPass site? That would significantly cut down your wait for lunch. I guess that only works if you have a resort reservation ID.

Thank you so much for that detailed answer, Blah! Great information that will be super helpful.

I am thrilled to report that Blah Blahson's advice was wonderful and worked. We got in line around 10:30am, and were eating in the West Wing by 11:15. No fastpass+ and nine people! Interesting note- the cast member was telling people waiting on the bridge that it would be an hour and a half before we got in! It was obviously false based on the rate the line was moving, but is probably true later in the day. The food was excellent, and it made everyone's day. Thanks for the advice!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahson View Post
    Thought I'd Help. Former Cast Member at Be Our Guest.

Since you are also wanting to see Festival of Fantasy at 3 PM, my only advice to you on BOG is that you will have to go early or wait it out. The line moves much much more quickly between 10:30AM and 11:00 than it does between 11 and 2. This is because they are filling up the restaurant so all tables are available to start. If you go at Ten AM and see the line is not past the end of the bridge then you can expect to eat shortly after 10:30. If it's up to Gaston's area at that point, come back at 10:45 after a ride on something in fantasyland. The line will still be moving quickly and will have absorbed anyone past the bridge.

There is only one big circular table in the west wing for a group of nine so be aware if you choose that room you would be at adjacent tables or need to push tables together. I recommend the rose gallery.

And about DINNER: If you REAAAAAALLLY want to get in for dinner (lunch is cheaper and a completely one of a kind experience), I can practically guarantee you will get a spot if you inquire about them at the information/reservation booth out front of Be Our Guest early in the day and ask them exactly when you could show up with your whole group and wait (probably sometime between 3PM and 4PM). The restaurant is gigantic, and for the first 8 months I worked there we had at least 15 waitlist ready tables at the start of our service every single day. Might have changed, but never hurts to ask. One time, I used some of those 15 tables to allow a GROUP OF 27 to come in and dine with us without reservations. There's a chance. And throughout the dinner service it is much easier to get lucky if you are willing to do a group of four and a group of five.
    That was unusually impressive advice! Welcome to Micechat, Blahblahson!

Now if friends were going to have just one meal at this restaurant, would you suggest lunch or dinner?
    Please use this link to vote: Be our Guest: lunch or dinner?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 06-20-2014 at 06:04 AM.