Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Dreamer

American Idol to close Jan 2015

Online sites are reporting CMs are being told AI will close permanently this coming January. Makes sense as it never seemed to really draw in the crowds and the show itself has lost it's steam. I am more than fine with this rumor if it proves true.

With the next door Sounds Dangerous stage closed as well, that's a decent piece of real estate available for something pretty cool. Star Wars? Pixar? Hmmmm.

• failure for lunch

Re: American Idol to close Jan 2015

Good riddance.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

And Kevin Yee posted on facebook that the Indiana Jones Stunt show is supposed to be closing soon too. You know what this means...

Make way for STAR WARS LAND.

(I hope they leave the 50's Prime Time Cafe and the north side of Echo Lake alone)

Fingers crossed something Good is on the cards the studios needs some TLC

If Indy Stunt Show closes too, and they demolish the Backlot Express food area, they'd have a good piece of land to play with for Star Wars Land or Lucasfilm, etc.

Name:  Star Wars Land potential sm.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  203.7 KB

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Hate the idea of losing Indy, but love the idea of a Star Wars land in its place. Would be nice to walk into a fully immersive land based of a movie. Perfect fit for DHS.

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    love the idea of a Star Wars land in its place. Would be nice to walk into a fully immersive land based of a movie. Perfect fit for DHS.
    You know it!

• Dreamer

Thanks Mondo Mouse for posting aerial pic. That is a decent chunk of land. Perhaps Indy show could move? I know a whole backlot it could fit onto.

Ai closing has been announced and confirmed by disney. Indie is still a rumor. I think if disney wanted to add something to star wars that attraction at a time would be a good idea considering that construction won't get started for awhile because of all the work they are doing on animal kingdom right now. but if you put AI and sounds dangerous together, that is one big piece of property to do something with. of course there is also the backlot tour area and soundstage one that are available for expansion as well

I like Indy and it would be a shame to see it close. I will only be okay with it IF Star Wars Land is 100% amazing. About time AI closed! I found out the other day that the show was still on air! Who knew?

• Minion

just so everyone knows this clearly is not part of the star wars expansion, thats far to central of a position to start the starwars expansion zone from as this building needs to fit in the mainstreet hollywood realm. I really hope they have something in mind to replace it because having yet another empty buidling would spell the end of the ABC zone and would add another sad emptyzone to the park.

^exactly...I hope they put something awesome and thematically amazing in that nice chunk of real estate that they have carved out for themselves
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    just so everyone knows this clearly is not part of the star wars expansion, thats far to central of a position to start the starwars expansion zone
    I don't know how reliable this source is as this is the first time I've come across the site, but...

BREAKING: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Confirmed To Close At The End Of 2014 | PopWrapped

• Minion

highly doubt that is true. they won't close down a huge people eating attraction like that that is still fairly popular until immediately before construction in that area is set to begin.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I highly doubt the Indy stunt show is going to close too, unless they make a huge announcement on the Disney Parks blog. I could also see it moving to someplace else in DHS. A variation on the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction could be a worthy replacement (and if they want to save expenses, have it built at DLP at the same time.)

But if they simply build a worthy star wars replacement, I'm happy either way. (Only unhappy if they do nothing with the space.)

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast